The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design council

(XBOX)The Final Rumor

Question

2 minutes ago, (XB1)xX2FAB4U said:

I just wanted to know because one of the guys in their told me you need atleast 100 posts and play the game for blank amont of time. I've been playing sense solar rails.

There is no hard-fast rule for XYZ criteria, it's basically "be constructive and they will notice eventually." Asking is a surefire way not to get on, however.

5 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Don't you have to be a founder? Or  I'm mixing stuff up?

That's how it was in the beginning. and only for the top two tiers of foundership. (i wouldn't be on DC cause i'm 3rd highest tier) But now they generally invite only the helpful or constructive and creative members. Any obvious attempts to try and get in will most of the time end in failure.

Like others have said, there is no secrete formula for getting in.  You either impress the mods and DE staff with your knowledge of the game, quality of feedback and general helpfulness or get another member to sponsor you.

3 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

*Rubs hands* yyyeeeeessss, yeeeessss, thaaank yoooou *malefic laught*

That's not concerning, at all.

Just now, (PS4)MakoPriest said:

It just kinda happens do not really try for it. 

I could say just be a good person and post helpful things but that is not even really true

I suppose the "luck factor" is rather important. Be the person that happens to write the post that one of the devs stumbled by chance. In the end, that's how you meet people online.

25 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

you need to be around for a while, posting helpful or constructive things on the forums. don't misbehave and you could potentially be invited. begging will make it less likely to be invited

So it is possible then? That's pretty cool, thanks for the heads up. Been wondering about that for a while now, but never actually remembered to ask.

And if you do get invited, don't say words like "gay" or "terrorist" in any context. Ever. Not about hypothetical situation. Not about recent events. Not even about that weird cartoon you saw earlier or as archaic "gay" in "gay old time" or some S#&$. You will get banned immediately and permanently. You can say "S#&$", though. It's just impolite, so don't.

1 minute ago, LABAL said:

And if you do get invited, don't say words like "gay" or "terrorist" in any context. Ever. Not about hypothetical situation. Not about recent events. Not even about that weird cartoon you saw earlier or as archaic "gay" in "gay old time" or some S#&$. You will get banned immediately and permanently. You can say "S#&$", though. It's just impolite, so don't.

Pretty sure saying those words just kicks you from the chat.

5 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Pretty sure saying those words just kicks you from the chat.

no , they don't btw. (depends on what censorship they have built in.)

9 minutes ago, LABAL said:

I think if the operator/ tenno in case would use those words frequently they wouldn't get invited in the first place.

fyi it's possible . But you must have low warning points ( let's just say not over a million lol.) and a fair amount of posts. It's not capped at any minimum by DE. 

Be constructive 

Have a faire / good attitude. 

and perform well in the community.

Just now, JSharpie said:

I'm in the design council, and I've watched people get kicked for saying those words.

As I said. Depends on what censorship they have. Don't forget i never even had the chance to see that chat section.

Not much happening on there except augment ideas to make us feel like we are doing something(placate us). In my opinion, there isnt much point to the current iteration of the council. Only fun I get from it is council chat ingame.

Edited by Shreiko

5 minutes ago, Shreiko said:

Not much happening on there except augment ideas to make us feel like we are doing something(placate us). In my opinion, there isnt much point to the current iteration of the council. Only fun I get from it is council chat ingame.

And even then, I don't necessarily trust or like some of the things we decide on Augment wise. sometimes they are really lame.

1 hour ago, LordOfScrugging said:

posting helpful or constructive

How in the name of the holy off-topic trinity did I get in then? I bet Skree is secretly a fan of mine and annoyed Drew until he said yes. It's either that or because of that 400 rep post I had like five months ago.

1 hour ago, Skycook3y said:

How in the name of the holy off-topic trinity did I get in then? I bet Skree is secretly a fan of mine and annoyed Drew until he said yes. It's either that or because of that 400 rep post I had like five months ago.

How do you think I feel?  I got in when I was spending the majority of my time in Off Topic, haunting LPW.

Just now, Noamuth said:

How do you think I feel?  I got in when I was spending the majority of my time in Off Topic, haunting LPW.

Spoiler

I bet Danielle is secretly on the off-topic crusade and will soon reveal herself so that she can burn the heretics of feedback and general discussion with us

Spoiler

Noamuth Vult