Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stupid things your tenno says.....

morningstar999

7 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

doubled post oopps. 

also why is this turning into a *@##$-fest. 

if you don't like then them turn it off simple as. 

i agree, but apparently my crying habits rustled a few undies up in here :) and magically made it so nobody could post their opinion in this thread

The lore is bad. God awfully, horrendous. Ya know, it's cool and all to have some suspense and slow build up to the climax; to have a mysterious story. After awhile thought, it becomes immensely annoying that everything is so cryptic and shrouded in veiled messages. I think DE has handled the lore badly. It's as if they didn't know what to do with lore from the start, tried to make it up as they went but only giving us vague clues as to leave themselves space to change if need be, and finally dropped the ball with a lame &#!, couldn't hold up to common sense, story. That's my opinion. At first, I was onboard, but looking back at everything from the start, it's really not that great and doesn't make any sense. Give us answers DE! No more trying to be mysterious. I'm getting annoyed with answering our questions with even more questions.

Just now, p_ar7hur said:

You would like The Elder Scrolls lore ;)

I played Skyrim. Everything had a book if I wanted to know anything. The question was brought up, the mystery was planted, the curiosity led me, and the answers were always fulfilling. Warframe has none of that.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

The lore is bad. God awfully, horrendous. Ya know, it's cool and all to have some suspense and slow build up to the climax; to have a mysterious story. After awhile thought, it becomes immensely annoying that everything is so cryptic and shrouded in veiled messages. I think DE has handled the lore badly. It's as if they didn't know what to do with lore from the start, tried to make it up as they went but only giving us vague clues as to leave themselves space to change if need be, and finally dropped the ball with a lame &#!, couldn't hold up to common sense, story. That's my opinion. At first, I was onboard, but looking back at everything from the start, it's really not that great and doesn't make any sense. Give us answers DE! No more trying to be mysterious. I'm getting annoyed with answering our questions with even more questions.

That's probably actually exactly how it is. I can't say for sure, obivously, because I don't work for DE, but you would probably have more disappointment if you were playing this game 2 years ago. The lore has come a long way and will hopefully only get better as it grows into itself. It seems like they're starting to move away from the Dark Sector tie-in theory, which everyone assumed because of that main character being called Hayden Tenno.

Who knows though, maybe they still end up there anyway lol

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

a lot of the lore and backstory in this game you have to hunt for rather than have it shoved in your face, which personally I find good, I love the warframe lore/story etc and how we have to find things out the hard way and a lot is open to guessing, its like going though what our tenno are going though after being away from the world for 1000 years they would know f-all as well.  - but I know players that don't care either way and are glad its not a ridiculously story driven game....

I Dunno I just like mysteries and trying to work stuff out. :) 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I played Skyrim. Everything had a book if I wanted to know anything. The question was brought up, the mystery was planted, the curiosity led me, and the answers were always fulfilling. Warframe has none of that.

Skyrim? Pfff. The Elder Scrolls has an overwhelmingly immense, subjective and confusing lore that goes well beyond what is presented in Skyrim. Not to mention that most of what you can read in game is to be taken with a grain of salt, as it is just as (I'd say more) cryptic than what is presented in Warframe and any piece of new information grants a wide range of new questions.

2 hours ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

I wouldn't know, I was in settings looking for a way to turn them off after the first time it spoke in a mission.

To be honest, they don't say things as often as they first did. I don't hear mine all too much these days. DE likely toned it down.

I like the dialogue, one main reason being due to some of the amusing situations people have mentioned. It's great.

I remember when my Operator said something about being silent/stealthy/not alerting them... On a survival mission. I immediately thought 'Ha! On this? That ain't gonna happen'.

I love their chatter. I hope it never stops and gets better, seriously. Lightens the mood. Seeing all you guys post about your funny experiences, it makes me laugh.

1 hour ago, StabbyTentacles said:

But I don't just want to turn them off... I'd send them on a very short walk into the airlock if the game'd let me, so... I'm a little bias. 

JavikAirlock-00.jpg

Edited by Naith

1 minute ago, morningstar999 said:

a lot of the lore and backstory in this game you have to hunt for rather than have it shoved in your face, which personally I find good, I love the warframe lore/story etc and how we have to find things out the hard way and a lot is open to guessing, its like going though what our tenno are going though after being away from the world for 1000 years they would know f-all as well.  - but I know players that don't care either way and are glad its not a ridiculously story driven game....

I Dunno I just like mysteries and trying to work stuff out. :) 

I'm a fan of the Soul series (Dark Souls, Demon's Souls etc.) and I love mysterious lore. Warframe doesn't do mysterious well at all. It was good for awhile but now it's annoying. There aren't answers to hunt for. All you get are more questions and vague statements.

The thing that irks me the most is how it could be good if they weren't so concerned with trying to live up to the lore hype everybody was waiting for. I think they're feeling pressure to make something that was surprising, hence the left field "We're children!" thing".

If I was Valve, I would never make a Half Life 3 game because there's no way I'd make something that'll live up to the hype and perfection of the first game. I think it's the same scenario here but instead they're throwing crazy stuff, instead of sensible story elements as a way to just get shock reactions in place of genuine amazement at story.

1 hour ago, Chr1st16n said:

Did a T3 MD once. Operator said " Archwing Deployed" o_o

Know i can only imagine the Liset destroying the Tower walls and get inside on a Michael Bay fashion, just to deploy the archwing and destroy another wall to get out of the tower.

11 minutes ago, p_ar7hur said:

You would like The Elder Scrolls lore ;)

oooh! Good old Warp In The West Numidium Smackdown

I like them alright. Some of their transmissions are...let's say strangely timed, but that's neither new nor unique to them. I can't be the only one who's gotten a "Keep going; nobody knows you're here." transmission from Lotus after blasting somebody in half with a shotgun and triggering the alarms.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

The thing that irks me the most is how it could be good if they weren't so concerned with trying to live up to the lore hype everybody was waiting for. I think they're feeling pressure to make something that was surprising, hence the left field "We're children!" thing".

It wasn't really out of left field. There were hints about it as early as three full updates (about 1.5-2 years) before The Second Dream hit.

1 minute ago, NinthAria said:

I like them alright. Some of their transmissions are...let's say strangely timed, but that's neither new nor unique to them. I can't be the only one who's gotten a "Keep going; nobody knows you're here." transmission from Lotus after blasting somebody in half with a shotgun and triggering the alarms.

It wasn't really out of left field. There were hints about it as early as three full updates (about 1.5-2 years) before The Second Dream hit.

I think there was adequate information to assume that DE was, for a long time, holding the assumption that we were adults, the Tenno in the cryopods that we used to protect.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I think there was adequate information to assume that DE was, for a long time, holding the assumption that we were adults, the Tenno in the cryopods that we used to protect.

funny thing is how now, if you look inside the cryo's, you see the Tenno Operative model inside, POSSIBLE LORE REFERENCE!?

my personal favourites:

"Wonder where this goes?" - it's a Tileset I've been on hundreds of times, I know it like the back of my hand.

"they could have cloned something a little less.. ugly" - bruh, have you SEEN yourself?

"if we can avoid alerting them, this might be easier" - yeah, allow me to just sneak past all the angry Lancers that are shooting at me and throwing Grenades, I'm sure that'll work...

"the Corpus are just a Cult, worshipping money" - no, they're a Cult with powerful robots, advanced laser tech, and power nullifying capabilities that worship money, never underestimate them.

1 minute ago, vodkacrepper said:

funny thing is how now, if you look inside the cryo's, you see the Tenno Operative model inside, POSSIBLE LORE REFERENCE!?

I'd call it a retcon but they never said we were the Tenno in those pods. They never say anything, which is the frustrating thing about this. As someone who's been playing for near three years, DE doesn't say anything concrete but replies slyly what it is. It was assumed, quite heavily, that the Tenno were in the cryopod's. Then of course they said we weren't and now it's apparent they're operatives. Do you see the infuriating thing about this? They leave themselves open hatches to escape by not giving any concrete answers so they can fit changes in without retconning because, technically, it's not retconning if none of the supported assumptions were concretely verified officially.

As an example, let's say I draw a character with red, glowing eyes. 

Person B: Does he shoot lazers?

Me: Maybe. He could just be gifted with red eyes from his secret, alien heritage. Hmm. I wonder what other character has red eyes.

Person B: OMG He's the son of -!

Me: (Drat. That wasn't hard for them to figure out and it was pretty easy too.) Actually, he does shoot lasers. That's why his eyes glow.

What if all of this children thing is just DE indirectly calling the players (the people who actually control the warframes in a state of obliviousness to anything other than the warframe's surrondings) childish due to people who complain about the amount of farming and waiting and stuff?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

There was adequate information to assume a lot of different things, which is natural when you only have bits and pieces of the story. That's how so many different theories came up about it before The Second Dream came out. Some people--probably a lot--also assumed the Tenno were derived from the Infestation. There were a lot of ways to look at it.

Ultimately what it comes down to is Warframe is an incomplete game. Even if they wanted to scatter lore throughout the star chart for people to hunt down (which there's at least a little of, with things like the kuria and Synthesis targets), it still wouldn't provide the answers you're looking for, because a lot of the game still doesn't exist yet.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I'd call it a retcon but they never said we were the Tenno in those pods. They never say anything, which is the frustrating thing about this. As someone who's been playing for near three years, DE doesn't say anything concrete but replies slyly what it is. It was assumed, quite heavily, that the Tenno were in the cryopod's. Then of course they said we weren't and now it's apparent they're operatives. Do you see the infuriating thing about this? They leave themselves open hatches to escape by not giving any concrete answers so they can fit changes in without retconning because, technically, it's not retconning if none of the supported assumptions were concretely verified officially.

I don't understand how you can want to hunt down the answers yourself and simultaneously get mad at DE for not giving you the answers straight up. Also, when you have a universe that's under continual, long-term construction like Warframe's is, that's pretty much exactly what you do by necessity: leave things open. As an aspiring writer myself, I know I wouldn't confirm (or deny) key elements of a story before the story (or, in Warframe's case, a particular section of the story) was complete, so as to avoid coloring someone's read and/or spoiling something.

3 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

There was adequate information to assume a lot of different things, which is natural when you only have bits and pieces of the story. That's how so many different theories came up about it before The Second Dream came out. Some people--probably a lot--also assumed the Tenno were derived from the Infestation. There were a lot of ways to look at it.

Ultimately what it comes down to is Warframe is an incomplete game. Even if they wanted to scatter lore throughout the star chart for people to hunt down (which there's at least a little of, with things like the kuria and Synthesis targets), it still wouldn't provide the answers you're looking for, because a lot of the game still doesn't exist yet.

I don't understand how you can want to hunt down the answers yourself and simultaneously get mad at DE for not giving you the answers straight up. Also, when you have a universe that's under continual, long-term construction like Warframe's is, that's pretty much exactly what you do by necessity: leave things open. As an aspiring writer myself, I know I wouldn't confirm (or deny) key elements of a story before the story (or, in Warframe's case, a particular section of the story) was complete, so as to avoid coloring someone's read and/or spoiling something.

The drip is killing me. Every time I hear a non-answer from an NPC or another vague statement about something I roll my eyes so far back I knock myself unconscious. The mystery of Warframe has lost it's appeal.

Remember in the "The Profit" trailer Salad V calls us "The mute peasants"

If only he knew the kind of things we say now.

Maybe we should redo the trailer

"Of course, the low descent, cliche children, have come to disrupt my business. Please, come closer, let me show you my latest line of gags"