Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tell me why Kavat (grineer) deal more damage than kubrow (grineer)?

Yual

Question

5 minutes ago, Mastikator2 said:

Cats and tigers are felines. Wolves and dogs are canines.

None of this is relevant, really because kubrows and kavats are fictional sci-fi monsters, former some kind of mutant platypus going by eggs and "nose",  latter some kind of reptile?  Some alien creature.

On topic because developer failed at balancing enemy scaling.

2 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

I'm afraid this isn't actually remotely true. The African Wild Dog is widely considered to be the most efficient vertebrate predator in the world, with around 80% of their hunts resulting in a kill. Sure, one on one they aren't a match for a Lion, but they don't need to be because they're vastly more intelligent than Lions and are much more social and so will quite happily use the size of their packs to drive lion prides off of kills.

Not that any of this need be relevant to Warframe, although Kavats really don't have the build of a Lion or Tiger, they look more like Lynxes. Compared to Kubrow I would expect them to be more damaging but more fragile, and less focussed on utility.

True enough, but I left pack stuff out of this as that isn't how they work in Warframe. So I was doing a 1 to 1 comparison. Plus, those African Wild Dogs (despite being dogs) probably work together much better than Warframe's enemy AI.

8 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

Not that any of this need be relevant to Warframe, although Kavats really don't have the build of a Lion or Tiger, they look more like Lynxes. Compared to Kubrow I would expect them to be more damaging but more fragile, and less focussed on utility.

I do agree here, as I already as mentioned earlier, so far they are not even the size of a tiger, more like cheetah or so, and also not as masculine. Fast and deadly, yes, but not as tanky as they are now, that is quite ridiculous, even simply looking at the models themselves. Fat ugly, but muscular Drahk and skinny, yet also ugly Hyekkas.

And please, people, do not turn this thread into "Dogs>Cats" or "Cats>Dogs". That it not the point of this thread.

Edited by Sangoma

3 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

I'm afraid this isn't actually remotely true. The African Wild Dog is widely considered to be the most efficient vertebrate predator in the world, with around 80% of their hunts resulting in a kill. Sure, one on one they aren't a match for a Lion, but they don't need to be because they're vastly more intelligent than Lions and are much more social and so will quite happily use the size of their packs to drive lion prides off of kills.

Err, what they said is still true. A big cat is a more lethal killer than a dog. He was talking about individually, not packs. A pack/group of animals, especially with coordination, is obviously going to be more effective than an individual or an uncoordinated pack/group.

1 minute ago, Demonfr34k said:

I dont get it, DE said kavats were going to be less damage focuses and more utility then kubrows yet they have already failed to deliver this.

Player Kavats will be more utility, they didn't say anything specific about the enemy version IIRC.

Edited by EmptyDevil

1 minute ago, Demonfr34k said:

I dont get it, DE said kavats were going to be less damage focuses and more utility then kubrows yet they have already failed to deliver this.

yep... sad . DE is a lie.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

None of this is relevant, really because kubrows and kavats are fictional sci-fi monsters, former some kind of mutant platypus going by eggs and "nose",  latter some kind of reptile?  Some alien creature.

On topic because developer failed at balancing enemy scaling.

In game terms kavats are newer and therefore subject to power creep. If you don't like that newer enemies are stronger than older then you're gonna have to tell DE to nerf some of the more powerful weapons and warframe abilities.

Have you ever been scratched by a cat? The dog's claws are foward, large, wide and a bit blunted the danger is their bite. Cat claws are in a hook shape, are thin and that makes them sharp as f*ck!

I have a few scars on my arms to prove it!

Edited by Kao-Snake

Maybe Kavats are designed to be more vicious and offense oriented than Kubrows.

Out of all the Kubrow breeds, only 1 is very violence oriented (The Sunika) while the others aid in Shielding, Guarding, Cloaking, Retrieving, Disarming.

I speculate that when Kavats appear, they might aid in more offensive support like Jamming, Tracking or even Ambushing. 

I also speculate that Kavats will be Puncture based damage, seeing how these Molerat Kavats seem to do so much damage to us, it is possible their charging dive attack are actually Puncture based that deals bonus damage to Armor. 

On 3/16/2016 at 10:36 PM, Mak_Gohae said:

Because they didnt want to hear rebecca continue to complain about some cat stuff at the office.

so true. this is also why they didnt nerf valkyrs.