Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

13 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

He's still chatty as ever for me.

Maybe because you are in XB1 and didn't get that update we just got... which makes it make sense.

10 minutes ago, tyrannicaltyrant said:

Maybe he's going the way of Jordas.

Jordis?

5 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Nah, Jordas was infected by the mutalist strane. If these infested where here before the virus became stronger, then its safe for Ordis to have THESE Infested on board 

He was not, in fact.  Mutalist strain is recent, from Alad V. Jordas was first infested hundreds to thousands of years before, sometime shortly after the fall, it took centuries for him to be infested.  He's been making copies of himself by luring ships to him and downloading his tainted OS into them for the ages since.

16 minutes ago, SigmaLambdaOmega said:

"Randomly"? Not like we have been stomping all around the solar system, kicking everything that walks, trots or squats in the mud in the face, wading through pools of blood/scrap metal/infested body parts. Couldn't possibly be that locker nearly bursting open with nano spores and mutagen samples or all the infested weapons and junk lying around...nope, not related at all...

Oh thanks for hacking on me because of 1 frigging single word. I've said randomly get TAKEN OVER. Look, we are the op tenno's and we look how our OWN ship is getting more and more infected by infested? Does that seem logical to you?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:
Spoiler

warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

Wow! If that is the size they are going for... it kind of makes me wonder why we build Dojos for the 3 smaller clan tiers? Why not just open up the Orbiter to your clan, it's got the room.

18 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Can you figure out how you did it? I'd like to reproduce this bug for... testing purposes.

I don't know... wish I had him with me, I'm one of the few people that like him 

30 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

Imagine the joy of an Infested Ordis.

If that happens, the Infested would learn how to build it's own 'Warframes' or something very similar i believe. I base this on Ordis being one of the only Cephalons capable of understanding, building, and maintaining Warframes.

1 minute ago, Silvus-Sol said:

Wow! If that is the size they are going for... it kind of makes me wonder why we build Dojos for the 3 smaller clan tiers? Why not just open up the Orbiter to your clan, it's got the room.

not developed yet  lol, most of what we have is our drop ship with the small back area open to the operator

bkKCPlF.gifwarframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

Just now, Gelkor said:

He was not, in fact.  Mutalist strain is recent, from Alad V. Jordas was first infested hundreds to thousands of years before, sometime shortly after the fall, it took centuries for him to be infested.  He's been making copies of himself by luring ships to him and downloading his tainted OS into them for the ages since.

Yet, the regular virus was not able to infest an AI or robotics. While it is clear that Jordas and Ordis are AIs themselves. What you had said does not really makes sense to me in a timeline. As the Mutalist strain allowed the Virus to evolve giving itself the ability to take over AI and robotics, as you can see as Mutalist was introduced - the new types of enemies of, which one of them being a Moa covered in Infested flesh. Additionally, their is a second option. As Tennos have dojo which contains infested in red tubes. We, as the players could possibly have the same as well in the Infested room. This would make sense as Warframes are made out of infested flesh, so wouldn't we need to have an infested lab for ourselves? Its possibly could be run down lab and we need the Kavats to deal with it

Just now, Ibro156 said:

Yet, the regular virus was not able to infest an AI or robotics. While it is clear that Jordas and Ordis are AIs themselves. What you had said does not really makes sense to me in a timeline. As the Mutalist strain allowed the Virus to evolve giving itself the ability to take over AI and robotics, as you can see as Mutalist was introduced - the new types of enemies of, which one of them being a Moa covered in Infested flesh. Additionally, their is a second option. As Tennos have dojo which contains infested in red tubes. We, as the players could possibly have the same as well in the Infested room. This would make sense as Warframes are made out of infested flesh, so wouldn't we need to have an infested lab for ourselves? Its possibly could be run down lab and we need the Kavats to deal with it

What Alad V did was make it easier for it to take over robotics as quickly as it takes over everything else.  Look at the Derelicts. Given time the technocyte virus can infiltrate anything, the mutalist strain just made it stronger.  Jordas is very, very old.

50 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

So that's why we are going to HAVE to get a Kavat pet, because it will eat the infestation.  I wonder if that means that we let our kavat just roam around the orbiter to keep it clean.

Long story short, IF we have to get a Kavat for the quest, I will airlock them right away afterwards owo

The only thing I can think of is that we're about to get a new quest similar to Howl of the Kubrow but with Kavats, as those feed on infested tissue. We'll most likely need to breed one to have them clear out the Orbiter for us. Meow of the Kavats confirmed?