Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So there s one thing that really bothers me about Warframes

thegamer118

What makes you think the Stalker and Acolytes are talking? Don't they only "communicate" during a popup? Very similar to a video chat on a phone? The audio feed you're hearing could be coming from their controller and not being spoken out loud by their body.

1 minute ago, thegamer118 said:

prove it

look at the comments,you try and sound smart but no,you still dont understand that we dont have enough information on the frames,

why dont they talk? we dont know

why would they talk? we dont know either

there is simply not enough information,until we get a reveal that is

Edited by (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL

5 minutes ago, Maicael said:

What makes you think the Stalker and Acolytes are talking? Don't they only "communicate" during a popup? Very similar to a video chat on a phone? The audio feed you're hearing could be coming from their controller and not being spoken out loud by their body.

i chose them because i felt like they were the closet comparison for this topic 

Just now, thegamer118 said:

i chose them because i felt like they were the closet comparison for this topic 

Ok, but in your example you're asking why the Warframes don't talk the way the Stalker and the Acolytes do. The thing is we don't actually know if they do or not. The only time we hear speech from them is when a video feed pops up. They could just be communicating with us the same way Lotus, Teshin, our Tenno, and every other enemy boss (before we're in the same room) communicates with us.

4 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Ok, but in your example you're asking why the Warframes don't talk the way the Stalker and the Acolytes do. The thing is we don't actually know if they do or not. The only time we hear speech from them is when a video feed pops up. They could just be communicating with us the same way Lotus, Teshin, our Tenno, and every other enemy boss (before we're in the same room) communicates with us.

Wait wait wait i ve got it, see the Stalker as a custom warframe, but a warframe none the less, and yet, in the second dream cinematic he managed to talk with Hunhow, now explain to me how he did it, and why we can t do it

There is only one answer to this. We don't know. For the 2600 hours played in Warframe I've never known. I've discussed this with people who know the Lore better than most of the players and the only answer was that they didn't know. We don't know exactly who or what stalker is, we don't know if it's just a rogue Tenno looking for justice or revenge or what. Do you remember The New Strange quest? Where Chroma could communicate with us. Not talk. We don't even know how warframes actually communicate. Maybe they communicate through emotion, maybe through something we don't know. I really hope that some light will be shed on this when update 19 comes. I really want to know why warframes are unable to verbally communicate. As was mentioned above in the thread we do talk to Baro, Simaris and Darvo so it seems that warframe is sort of like Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2. Maybe they want us to use our imagination for their voices? We will only know when either a developer says something or if they add something ingame to clear it up. In the end all we can do is speculate because there are no clear answers. 

1 minute ago, Thural said:

um, stalker has never been confirmed to be using a Warframe

I'm pretty sure that in one of the Devstreams they confirmed that he was using a modified Excalibur warframe. We do not know what the Stalker is nor where. All we know is that he is controlling a modified Excalibur. Just like he was controlling the Acolytes.

1 minute ago, Terrorist939 said:

I'm pretty sure that in one of the Devstreams they confirmed that he was using a modified Excalibur warframe. We do not know what the Stalker is nor where. All we know is that he is controlling a modified Excalibur. Just like he was controlling the Acolytes.

that was probably also before they even thought of the whole marionette idea, and so they didn't say he was "controlling" a modified excalibur, maybe he took an Excalibur and made it into a suit for his actual body.  There, bam discussion closed, that's why he can talk.

Edited by Thural

4 minutes ago, Thural said:

that was probably also before they even thought of the whole marionette idea, and so they didn't say he was "controlling" a modified excalibur, maybe he took an Excalibur and made it into a suit for his actual body.  There, bam discussion closed, that's why he can talk.

LOL Am I reading this wrong or did you just say that Warframes make Tenno mute? Oh and also I agree 100% with your theory about the Stalker being in the warframe itself. Maybe he is the warframe. Maybe that is why we can't kill him. 

2 minutes ago, Terrorist939 said:

LOL Am I reading this wrong or did you just say that Warframes make Tenno mute? Oh and also I agree 100% with your theory about the Stalker being in the warframe itself. Maybe he is the warframe. Maybe that is why we can't kill him. 

you're reading it wrong

1 hour ago, thegamer118 said:

Wait wait wait i ve got it, see the Stalker as a custom warframe, but a warframe none the less, and yet, in the second dream cinematic he managed to talk with Hunhow, now explain to me how he did it, and why we can t do it

He pressed 'C' and spoke into the mic.

1 minute ago, Brickstar788 said:

I've always thought of warframes as something like The Buggers from Ender's Game (Good read) they are being overruled by the queen( the operator) but we do have individuality in some form but we cant live with out the queen.

But what about Chroma. He is a Warframe without an Operator and I quote. "ALL IS SILENT IN THE CALM. HUSHED AND EMPTY IS THE WOMB OF THE SKY."

1 hour ago, thegamer118 said:

what i m saying is why do the Warframes don t say something like everybody in the Warframe universe do, why can the Stalker talk to us or anyone else and not the Warframe, i want to hear words, phrases, coming from our Warframes

It's their style. Also, voiced warframes would be absolutely awful.