Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 16-17 test secret

JaneRose

Question

Okay I have tried this so so so many times and it's a fail each time. How the devil do I get this completed so I can get to rank 17??? This new tileset is impossible. Oh and there is no 2nd attempt, make a mistake and it's a fail. Seems like the timer is broken - if sphere spawns up top at the start, my warframes are unable to get there fast enough so it's a fail. Hubby also tried and was also met with only fails. I did practice on the previous version and was successful.

I understand having the tests be challenging, however this is a bit past that.....

15 hours ago, JaneRose said:

Just to clarify I am trying to pass the test with the new tileset and timer reduction. If you took the test prior to 18.5 update, try it again and let me know thoughts on how to complete it.

RM4fN4Y.jpg

there you go, the trick is on give priority to the orbs instead of the enemies

17 hours ago, JaneRose said:

Appreciate all the feedback!! Thanks for showing me this is doable, I will continue to practice coz I will be a 17 eventually!!!!!

Bravo, that's the spirit! :clap:

Practice will undoubtedly help a lot. And remember to gear up as best as you can: Rush, Mobilize, Enemy Sense, fast firing and fast reloading weapons, thrown melee or a Redeemer to reach time orbs faster.

Good luck, and happy gaming Tenno!

The video earlier shows 15 seconds added for each orb, you get 10 and if chance has the orb appear on the floor above you in the opposite corner thats tight, what i dont like is how random it is, if the orbs happen to pop up practically  next to each other great, if they keep coming up opposite ends of map its very hard. Passed some lucky practise tests, each qualifying test has been less lucky so far.

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

That doesn't fix the problems with the update of this test.

It just highlights another method of cheesing it.

You say 'Cheesing' I say, right tool for the job.

Warframe, and the Mastery Tests are about taking the right tools for the situation at hand.

This test is about hitting things with melee at a distance.
This means you need to take an exceptionally fast frame or a ranged melee weapon.

The best / most effective Ranged Melee Weapon is Excaliburs Exalted Blade.

Focus entirely on hitting the points, and let killing the enemies come as you do that.

If you insist on using subpar tools for the task at hand, then that's on you, making it harder for yourself.

2 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

You are trying to be helpful and that's very kind of you.

...I was confused by that until I noticed what forum I was in.

I genuinely thought I had posted in a feedback forum (lack of coffee in early am). 

I'll post my feedback in the in right place and see if the admins can delete my post here.  Thanks.

If you thought it was feedback, rather than 'help', that makes your response make a little more sense. xD

In some ways it's good to make it difficult though - it's Mastery Rank 17.

You're in the 6th block of mastery ranks (assuming it's in sets of 3 as per Simaris), the 17th level, you need to have mastered 241 items (Warframes counting as 2 each) to reach this point.

You should have the knowledge and skill to pull off a difficult test, rather than a mild inconvenience on time.

On 3/18/2016 at 11:12 AM, DaftMeat said:

Although personally, I would have cheated by using World on Fire or judicious use of Bladestorm (being careful with time).

On 3/18/2016 at 0:02 PM, Toppien said:

im MR 18, it is posible

did the tests with zephyr, so moving between levels is easier.

On 3/18/2016 at 0:17 PM, tutzdes said:

I used glaive to hit orbs and it was ok. It was long ago, though.

On 3/18/2016 at 2:18 PM, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

When I passed mine, I had a good 20 seconds left on the timer.

On 3/18/2016 at 4:42 PM, BETAOPTICS said:

Don't worry, you will get to do a harder version of this with Grineer units at MR 21 test.

On 3/19/2016 at 6:02 PM, AXCrusnik said:

I just beat both the MR21 and MR17 test with non-prime Rhino, no mobility mods. My time was much closer to failure in the MR17 test but I beat them both on the first try... I think you just need to focus more on the orbs than the enemies.

Beat MR17 3 times in a row - with ARCANE THRAK - No mobility mods. I think the frame doesn't matter here.

For all who say they have passed the test, did you pass it prior to the 18.5 update?  The 18.5 Update made this MR17 test significantly harder.    

Pre 18.5,   You started with 24 seconds and got 15 seconds per Orb destroyed.

Post 18.5 You now start with 18 seconds and you get 8 seconds per Orb destroyed!

The new test basically gives you half the amount of time as the old test, not to mention the old test allowed coptoring and now you have to use bullet jump.  But the main problem is the serious reduction in time allowed.  I'm currently having a lot of trouble with this test and would appreciate any advice from someone that has done the test with the 18.5 update timer reductions.

Decided to try and make it as difficult as possible, used Vauban and a Vectis Prime(2 shot sniper) plus a dagger for the orbs. Still passed it, most of the time I was running around on about 15 seconds. Just bullet jump everywhere and ignore the enemies, kill them when you have time. As soon as you melee the orb another will spawn so concentrate on keeping the timer up and kill whatever's convenient, they spawn endlessly anyway. Take your time.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)lupowolfen said:

For all who say they have passed the test, did you pass it prior to the 18.5 update?  The 18.5 Update made this MR17 test significantly harder.    

Pre 18.5,   You started with 24 seconds and got 15 seconds per Orb destroyed.

Post 18.5 You now start with 18 seconds and you get 8 seconds per Orb destroyed!

The new test basically gives you half the amount of time as the old test, not to mention the old test allowed coptoring and now you have to use bullet jump.  But the main problem is the serious reduction in time allowed.  I'm currently having a lot of trouble with this test and would appreciate any advice from someone that has done the test with the 18.5 update timer reductions.

My post right before the one you quoted was me taking the test again that same day in simulacrum:

On 3/18/2016 at 5:34 PM, DaftMeat said:

@JaneRose & @Zari2015 

MR17test.jpg

Atlas is tied with Rhino for the lowest base Sprint speed in game (I sold my Rhino when I got Rhino Prime). I ran the MR17 test with him and passed in 2 attempts.

The only reason I failed the first time was because I got careless and wasn't paying attention to the timer half way through. On my second run, I made sure to run straight for each Orb waypoint as soon as they appeared and had no problems.

It is very possible with any frame, even the slow ones.

Edited by DaftMeat

1 hour ago, DarkOvion said:

If you thought it was feedback, rather than 'help', that makes your response make a little more sense. xD

In some ways it's good to make it difficult though - it's Mastery Rank 17.

You're in the 6th block of mastery ranks (assuming it's in sets of 3 as per Simaris), the 17th level, you need to have mastered 241 items (Warframes counting as 2 each) to reach this point.

You should have the knowledge and skill to pull off a difficult test, rather than a mild inconvenience on time.

...It's not just about difficulty.

...It's not just about skill.

...It's also about a hefty bit of luck since the changes.

My concern deals with the fact that because of the:

• RNG with the orbs
  • The up to 2 second wait between orb spawns
  • their distances from each other on the map
  •  the map in question (los)
  • and the time now awarded per orb

It's possible to get a bad enough RNG sequence to ensure a fail on what should be a skill test.

No amount of skill is going to help a player traverse the entire map to get to the next orb with less than 5 seconds (this has happened).

...That's the problem.

With respect, You keep seeming to miss that and in return offer cheese and platitudes.

A skill test would assert that a frame, with appropriate movement assets applied, should conceivably be able to finish this test regardless of the orb spawn order and that is doubtful since the changes.

Do you see my point now?

If you don't, it's ok. I've put my $.02 in the the feedback thread and hopefully DE will look into it.

-Have a good day.

25 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

My post right before the one you quoted was me taking the test again that same day in simulacrum:

Ok Kudos to you sir for passing this difficult test. Its good to know a skilled player can pass this.   I guess I just need to get faster and more accurate with my bullet jumps to the second level.  I've been having a hard time bullet jumping up to the second level.  Aiming on the PS4 without a mouse sux too.

With the Atlas, how did you kill the enemies?  Weapons or abilities?

Edited by (PS4)lupowolfen

13 minutes ago, (PS4)lupowolfen said:

Ok Kudos to you sir for passing this difficult test. Its good to know a skilled player can pass this.   I guess I just need to get faster and more accurate with my bullet jumps to the second level.  I've been having a hard time bullet jumping up to the second level.  Aiming on the PS4 without a mouse sux too.

With the Atlas, how did you kill the enemies?  Weapons or abilities?

Weapons mostly. Just kept firing with my rifle at range, but as soon as a sphere appeared I went straight for it. Even still it took me 2 tries, but was totally doable.

It just takes practice, which is really annoying with a 24 hour redo timer after failing, but Sanctuary is a big help.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)lupowolfen said:

I went to the simulacrum to practice the test the day I made that post. So, no, it was not before 18.5.

I am having the same issue with mastery rank 17. I try all warframes I have and I notice this tests had change cause in the past I saw YouTube video and players start with 25 seconds and get 15 seconds added once melee an orb. Now this test been updated you suppose to get 20 seconds but when I am able to move my warframe it show I have 18 seconds and if I get lucky to melee an orb I get 8 seconds or less added. And it comes to terms that must be lucky and hope the orbs spawn near each other that way you can use ability kill the enemies and you can make it to the orb(s).

They use frames to do it easy...

They are brainless, narrow minded!

This test is not possible without frames who can handle this test and luck of spawning orbs near you. I wanted to do it with rhino (simple rhino) guess what i failed because is slow and the orbs spawned in room corners.

Anyway i did this test but with big changes, with nova + armored agility + rush + fast melee weapon with fury (almost failed but i did it).

And yes no one will read this topic is just too hard to read something with logic and understanding with some proofs!

If they use Vauban for this test within a week with a pause of 24h i bet they will fail 4 days out of 7.

Edited by Zari2015