Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bye mag.

Ketec

While I do agree that SP was broken, I just think it's fun when it's easy. press 2, bam, move on, get some farming done. I liked that concept. Maybe now I actually have to mod magnetic procs on my weapons for corpus, that would suck.

Besides it's not like this game is pvp anyway, so what's the big deal about having a godly frame against one faction?

On 3/18/2016 at 8:50 PM, Ketec said:

Shield polarize was the only useful skill. All the new stuff does not make up for it.

The new crappy bullet attractor with tiny range does not make up for losing shield restore, overshields and great aoe.
Another frame to be lost in the inventory for eternity.

Good riddance.

3 hours ago, Seabottom said:

While I do agree that SP was broken, I just think it's fun when it's easy. press 2, bam, move on, get some farming done. I liked that concept. Maybe now I actually have to mod magnetic procs on my weapons for corpus, that would suck.

Besides it's not like this game is pvp anyway, so what's the big deal about having a godly frame against one faction?

Because facerolling stuff with an easy button is bad for the long term health of the game. Players say they want it and in the moment maybe they really do want it, but just like cheat codes it makes things boring fast. Even if your players are enjoying it, if they facerolling too easily they get bored and play other games. Longevity requires additional challenge to keep people interested and one tool developers have to accomplish that is to take obvious easy buttons away. I have a strong feeling bladestorm is next.

3 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Because facerolling stuff with an easy button is bad for the long term health of the game. Players say they want it and in the moment maybe they really do want it, but just like cheat codes it makes things boring fast. Even if your players are enjoying it, if they facerolling too easily they get bored and play other games. Longevity requires additional challenge to keep people interested and one tool developers have to accomplish that is to take obvious easy buttons away. I have a strong feeling bladestorm is next.

Bladestorm is bad as well, just not in the way Shield Polarize is. Personally, I want more interaction with Bladestorm, just pressing one button and then watch for a long time is not my style.

On 3/18/2016 at 11:50 AM, Ketec said:

Shield polarize was the only useful skill. All the new stuff does not make up for it.

The new crappy bullet attractor with tiny range does not make up for losing shield restore, overshields and great aoe.
Another frame to be lost in the inventory for eternity.

Actually, in the Devstream, they asked about shields restoring to teammates and they said that it'll work the same as before.  

1 hour ago, Noamuth said:

Actually, in the Devstream, they asked about shields restoring to teammates and they said that it'll work the same as before.  

This really.

The Mag changes as shown boil down to 3 major things.

First, Bullet Attractor and SP have swapped spots on the hot bar.

Second, BA now drags nearby enemies into the area of effect. and deals DoT to all enemies inside the radius.  Synergies with Pull, casuing bonus damage with incresased chance of Energy pick up generation. DOES NOT FADE WHEN TARGET DIES.  DOT SCALES WITH DAMAGE ABSORBED.  Awesome CC potential here.  It's like Snow Globe had a wild one night stand with both Absorb and Vortex, and let Mag adopt the baby.  Seriously, it blocks incoming DPS, drags eneimes into the DoT effect, and deals more damage the more it gets shot.

Lastly SP now applies a permanent Armor Debuff to Grineer targets, causing shards of armor to fly off.  Armor Shards can be attracted by BA for bonus damage.  Now propagates like MP instead of instant.  Still restores/nukes Shields.