Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bye mag.

Ketec

Can't render real judgement until we get to see the final numbers on her powers and any stat scaling changes. Case in point, when they changed Molecular Prime everyone was going "stupid DE, you ruined nova, caved in to whiners", got the numbers, "oh ok this is fine, GJ".

20 hours ago, Ketec said:

Shield polarize was the only useful skill. All the new stuff does not make up for it.

The new crappy bullet attractor with tiny range does not make up for losing shield restore, overshields and great aoe.
Another frame to be lost in the inventory for eternity.

Sad that you think this way. All I can see is, balance. 

So no more 4 million kills at the end of the week by one person using Mag. 

There's more fun in balance.

7 hours ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

I am not sure how it will turn out in-game, but my fear is (and if it turns out like that it will be useless)

Most people do not consider it even and think about it and just say: yeah shield polarize stays, stop whining.. NO, you start thinking first please.. so here it is:

Since the wave is expanding.. lets say we have a group of corpus enemies with 200 shields and 100 health, our shield polarize will do 50% drain and 2x damage multiplier in this example.. 

So when the wave expands it will inevitably hit a single enemy first, before the others, so what will happen:

It will drain 100 of his shields, multiply them by 2x and then explode for 2*100 being 200 damage, since the single enemy will explode first he will do 200 damage to the surrounding enemies letting them stay with 0 shields and 100 health, so when the wave hits them now it wont do anything..

if SP turns out like that i will make the whole ability and mag herself inferior to pretty much all the other frames..

Oh no, Mag will no longer insta-kill the frames and now only do SCALING damage to them (and now she will apparently be able to do it to Grineer so...). Come on now, You can't honestly think that one ability that instantly kills an entire faction of enemies is balanced? Also, who knows, maybe in compensation for the unintended nerf you are suggesting they will make the explosion damage stack.

23 hours ago, Ketec said:

Shield polarize was the only useful skill. All the new stuff does not make up for it.

The new crappy bullet attractor with tiny range does not make up for losing shield restore, overshields and great aoe.

am i missing something?

didnt they just switched polarize with BAtractor?

1 minute ago, Ketec said:

yes, the new magnetize is 2nd and  polarize will be third skill. And.. pretty much slapped a heavy nerf on it in many ways.

wait wait wait

didnt they made it so it also reduce armor

and switching it from 2 to 3 is really something to cry about?

1 hour ago, Ketec said:

yes, the new magnetize is 2nd and  polarize will be third skill. And.. pretty much slapped a heavy nerf on it in many ways.

Your comment is as bad as the people claiming that super jump for excal should stay 

Don't you just love it when you didn't bother responding to the quote with sixteen more likes than yours? You're obviously ignoring and following your blind disillusion

Personally, the changes look amazing. 

I rarely took her into a Corpus mission because I found that 1 Button To Kill Them All was boring, now it sounds like she'll be entertaining wherever I take her, not just to the Grineer and Infested. 

While the science (that someone else pointed out on Page 1) is true, magnetic waves don't have a travel time, I agree that adding that to S.P. is one of the few ways to balance such an amazing ability effectively.  And the changes to BA - omg.  I love that it pulls targets into it's field of effect as well as causes the targeted sod to literally be pulled apart while the ability is active.  It's genius and sadistic, I love it!

Eagerly awaiting the changes to Crush.  At this point, my hopes that they just switched the ability with Fracturing Crush is out the window due to the S.P. changes though.  No point in having two armor debuff abilities on the same 'frame. 

On 3/18/2016 at 11:50 AM, Ketec said:

i stopped using mag after they took away greedy pull..i really used to enjoy using this warframe.. only wish that the devs were proactive instead of reactive to all the little complainers out there.. mag's original design was perfect and whoever spent their time creating her i tip my hat to..

12 hours ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

I am not sure how it will turn out in-game, but my fear is (and if it turns out like that it will be useless)

Most people do not consider it even and think about it and just say: yeah shield polarize stays, stop whining.. NO, you start thinking first please.. so here it is:

Since the wave is expanding.. lets say we have a group of corpus enemies with 200 shields and 100 health, our shield polarize will do 50% drain and 2x damage multiplier in this example.. 

So when the wave expands it will inevitably hit a single enemy first, before the others, so what will happen:

It will drain 100 of his shields, multiply them by 2x and then explode for 2*100 being 200 damage, since the single enemy will explode first he will do 200 damage to the surrounding enemies letting them stay with 0 shields and 100 health, so when the wave hits them now it wont do anything..

if SP turns out like that i will make the whole ability and mag herself inferior to pretty much all the other frames..

This is what I am hating from this re-work. DE doesn't seem to have placed much attention when designing the new SP. The damaging effects are being nerfed hard. The ability for a 3rd is going to be a nuke with severe damage fall-off.

As for BA. I am loving these new additions since I use it constantly defensively. Now I can use it as it was always meant to be, an offensive defense. Draw away fire and stand in it like a better snow globe and nuke the entire area like antimatter drop. 

2 hours ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

This is what I am hating from this re-work. DE doesn't seem to have placed much attention when designing the new SP. The damaging effects are being nerfed hard. The ability for a 3rd is going to be a nuke with severe damage fall-off.

As for BA. I am loving these new additions since I use it constantly defensively. Now I can use it as it was always meant to be, an offensive defense. Draw away fire and stand in it like a better snow globe and nuke the entire area like antimatter drop. 

Yep bullet attractor will maybe be useful, depending on the range, still waiting for it to try it out, but theoretically sp will cause problems i think 

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 3:05 PM, Coaa said:

That sounds awesome then. Hopefully they dont make the abilities too weak though.

Depends on how you define "weak" I suppose.  Going off the Saryn rework, Inaros, and the 18.5 weapons, I think Damage 3.0 is nearing completion and we're seeing the first wave of stuff balanced to it instead of Damage 2.0 and it's frankly broken scaling system.

You'll probably see slightly lower numbers but in Damage 3.0, I don't think we'll be seeing nearly as much EHP on enemy targets so it should balance out in the long run.

Wait what tiny BA range? She was only using stretch in devstream lol. Also it isn't even released yet so chill out already. It isn't like you used Mag as she is now day-to-day other than just for Corpus. Now she'll at least have a chance at being using in everyday gameplay.

Edited by rawr1254

17 hours ago, SFTT.Lightning said:

I wish people would stop using this argument

Do you also say "wait until it's done before you say that a turd has come out" when somebody says he'll go to the toilet because he has to take a dump?

Except even your example has certain caveats to why you need to wait and see.  What if the this person has a turd that is unusual? Maybe they are sick? Maybe there are digestive failures and there are anomalies? What I am say is people are jumping to conclusions and this level of speculation needs to actually be played with first.  DE may have gave as a glimpse (with the disclaimer that it is a WIP) and even a small demonstration of the concepts we don't exactly know the fine details. Is Mag going to be nerfed overall against Corpus? Probably but the question is more by how much. But she also comes out of this with more universal utilities and power against all factions.  What argument people should not be using is that "But other frames can do it better." because that is a poor argument when this should be a game of choice and preference. Otherwise statistically why do we bother with more frames than the best of the best of the number of roles we can take into a squad. Without restrictions to having unique warframe compositions we would be looking at a game with just 2 to maybe 4 frames.

Most people complaining probably don't even know the fine details of how Shield Polarize actually works now to even make an accurate attempt of how it will work in the rework. I mean the other day someone tried to say that SP stacks damage for N-1 units (where N is the total number of units) and this is untrue. SP will only deal damage ONCE per cast to all targets in range. As it currently stands, how the game likely calculates this is by draining the shields of all enemies in the initial radius of the cast (base 25m radial). Then it adds the power modifiers to the shields drained (250% multiplier at base) and detonates around the enemy for AoE (14m at base radial). Keep in mind that enemies don't take damage from their own detonation, So the caveat is that the game complies all the overlapping AoEs and overwrites the damage with the highest damage (from the highest enemy shield in range) then deals that out once per cast meaning you need at least 2 targets in range of each other to be lethal! Meaning there are already cases where enemies are killed outright without being drained in the first place just based on experiences for people concerned with how the wave might interact with enemies.

Now the rework could change all of this. There is no way from the small demonstration that the Devstream gave could you possible see all the fine details. First it is possible that the target that is drained is also hit by their own shield detonation (aka you only need 1 target in range to be lethal!) and could be a smaller AoE radius explosion. Second the detonations could possibly stack. Since it is a wave enemies that were out of range can now run into it which maybe bring even more damage into range of enemies already affected if they survive. While its possible that many of the current mechanics move into the rework its not safe to assume as such. The biggest hurdle for the rework will likely come in the form of the stat redistribution if indeed duration becomes much more important or if the power it self has rather significant power modifier reductions.