Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bye mag.

Ketec

Shield polarize was the only useful skill. All the new stuff does not make up for it.

The new crappy bullet attractor with tiny range does not make up for losing shield restore, overshields and great aoe.
Another frame to be lost in the inventory for eternity.

Edited by Ketec

1 minute ago, Ketec said:

Shield polarize was the only useful skill. All the new stuff does not make up for it.

The new crappy bullet attractor with tiny range does not make up for losing shield restore, overshields and great aoe.
Another frame to be lost in the inventory for eternity.

Where is the info on rework? Or was it in the dev stream.

Okay, so you didn't edit or continue watching. It still exists and the whole rework is going to be awesome.

Pull, thankfully, hasn't been changed really. They have added a bonus effect, enemies affected by Pull have an increased chance to drop energy orbs.

Shield Polarize still exists and is now in the third ability slot. Bullet Attractor has been redone and is now in the second ability spot.

Shield Polarize now expands like Molecular Prime instead of being instead, while watching, it looked liked it spread faster than MP.

Shield Polarize will now affect armored enemies the same way it affects shielded enemies. Armor debuff will be permanent! Also creates shrapnel that will be attracted to the "Bullet Attractor" field - which will deal additional damage(?).

Bullet Attractor explosion damage will now be scaled with the damage received inside the bubble (finally).

Both Pull and Crush affect enemies that are affected by Bullet Attractor. Pulling/Crushing enemies affected by Bullet Attractor can split them in half (?). (unsure if this kills instantly like shown in Devstream)

Crush hasn't been changed yet but will, making it sound like the rework won't be released at least until 2-3 weeks.

Edited by TGKazein

8 minutes ago, TGKazein said:

Okay, so you didn't edit or continue watching. It still exists and the whole rework is going to be awesome.

Pull, thankfully, hasn't been changed really. They have added a bonus effect, enemies affected by Pull have an increased chance to drop energy orbs.

Shield Polarize still exists and is now in the third ability slot. Bullet Attractor has been redone and is now in the second ability spot.

Shield Polarize now expands like Molecular Prime instead of being instead, while watching, it looked liked it spread faster than MP.

Shield Polarize will now affect armored enemies the same way it affects shielded enemies. Armor debuff will be permanent! Also creates shrapnel that will be attracted to the "Bullet Attractor" field - which will deal additional damage(?).

Bullet Attractor explosion damage will now be scaled with the damage received inside the bubble (finally).

Both Pull and Crush affect enemies that are affected by Bullet Attractor. Pulling/Crushing enemies affected by Bullet Attractor can split them in half (?). (unsure if this kills instantly like shown in Devstream)

Crush hasn't been changed yet but will, making it sound like the rework won't be released at least until 2-3 weeks.

That sounds awesome then. Hopefully they dont make the abilities too weak though.

I got mag just for mastery, but the rework actually sounds interesting, maybe I'll actually try playing her after the re-work. I don't even bother using her for shield buffed sorties currently.Hopefully they'll unvault her at least temporarily when they release the re-work. I don't have mag prime :-(

I gotta say, the rework looks sweet. Sure shield polarize has travel time now but as long as it's faster that nova's MP that damage will still get there eventually.

A serious armor de-buff cannot be ignored for high level play. This is going to make Mag so much better at void and Grineer.

That plus, who else thinks the idea of ripping someone's armor off with magnetism and then sending it as deadly shrapnel back at them will be one of the most bad-&#! ways to kill in this game?

Mag is getting huge buffs lol. So she won't have three bad skills and one skill that is godly but only against Corpus... she'll have four great skills and the one that is godly against Corpus will still be really good against Corpus, but it will also be good against armored factions too. Mag is now useful against any type of enemy, and is a really cool cc/damage/enemy debuff frame. Mag got the rework she needed and I think real Mag fans are really going to love this rework. Those who just used her as an easy button on Corpus sorties may find her not quite as powerful, but let's face it... those people never cared about Mag as a frame anyways like some I've seen who seem to really like her, they were just using her as a tool. 

55 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Mag is getting huge buffs lol. So she won't have three bad skills and one skill that is godly but only against Corpus... she'll have four great skills and the one that is godly against Corpus will still be really good against Corpus, but it will also be good against armored factions too. Mag is now useful against any type of enemy, and is a really cool cc/damage/enemy debuff frame. Mag got the rework she needed and I think real Mag fans are really going to love this rework. Those who just used her as an easy button on Corpus sorties may find her not quite as powerful, but let's face it... those people never cared about Mag as a frame anyways like some I've seen who seem to really like her, they were just using her as a tool. 

This. The only thing I even remotely saw that was nerfed is that shield polarize has a travel time but other than that, its still every bit the skill it was in terms of its ability to scale with the enemy. Everything else is just straight buffs and utility additions. With the built in vacuum from bullet jump, it'll be like having carriers abilities on any other sentinel or pet of your choosing at times. Magnetize has the potential to be godly in some situations. Being able to put an absorb field on any target + it pulls targets and bullets in? 

Edited by (PS4)VariantX7

Is the travel time on Shield Polarize a nerf?  Yes.

Is it a fair nerf given all the other changes?  Absolutely.

Does it make any logical sense at all?  Nope, zero.

Magnetic fields do not have a travel time.  Many people who know this stuff (i.e. not really me, though I have some basic grasp of how magnetism in general worls) have stated that if the magnetic field of the Earth ever shifts, it will be instantaneous.  If this is true of an entire planet, it is certainly true of a few armor plates within 50m of the source of the magnetic field.

That said, it makes sense for balance reasons.  All these other changes without this sort of nerf would make Mag the single highest damage-dealing frame in the entire game, and that would just be outright broken since she's a starter.

Then again, Excal is too and Exalted Blade is god tier, so who knows.  I'm just glad I already got a Mag Prime back before she got vaulted :)

I'm actually super excited for the upcoming improvements and I can't wait to dust off my Mag Prime from the wardrobe. You clearly misunderstood something if you think that the rework will make her worse (Not to mention they did say that the things shown in the demo was a W.I.P so no need to overreact). 

I am not sure how it will turn out in-game, but my fear is (and if it turns out like that it will be useless)

Most people do not consider it even and think about it and just say: yeah shield polarize stays, stop whining.. NO, you start thinking first please.. so here it is:

Since the wave is expanding.. lets say we have a group of corpus enemies with 200 shields and 100 health, our shield polarize will do 50% drain and 2x damage multiplier in this example.. 

So when the wave expands it will inevitably hit a single enemy first, before the others, so what will happen:

It will drain 100 of his shields, multiply them by 2x and then explode for 2*100 being 200 damage, since the single enemy will explode first he will do 200 damage to the surrounding enemies letting them stay with 0 shields and 100 health, so when the wave hits them now it wont do anything..

if SP turns out like that i will make the whole ability and mag herself inferior to pretty much all the other frames..

It should also be noted that if the wave from the new Shield Polarize is modded the same was as Nova's MP, then it's going to cause some rather split builds.

Right now, nobody mods Mag for duration because it gives no benefit.  Currently, bullet attractor completely sucks - niche cases for bosses aside - and none of her other 3 are affected by Duration at all, so people can throw on all their corrupted mods and end up with nearly 0% duration with no real consequence.

But if you've ever modded Nova, MP's wave is based on DURATION, not range.  If Mag's new Shield Polarize is also based on this, people are going to have to sacrifice at least 1, and probably 2 mod slots for duration mods.  After efficiency mods (usually 2 more slots) we're looking at half her slots used without any power strength.  Count 1 more for Redirection (because she's Mag and skipping that mod is often suicide for her).  I'm not sure what exactly the last 3 become.  Depending on how the rework affects Shield Transference, that might become either useless or even more useful than it already is.  In the later case, we're down to 2 slots.  We need as much Strength as we can get, plus hopefully Stretch for Pull/Crush.

And this build gets you much, much lower strength than the Mag we have now.  That may or may not be worth it just so we can magnetize metal armor.

All this said, I am still hopeful.  But yes, I am also a little worried.  It LOOKS awesome.  I will reserve most of my judgment until we know precisely what effect Power Duration has on her, because that's really what's going to matter.

It's funny that already unpopular and underused frame gets nerfed even further. Very, very sad.

Pull is underperforming skill that should drag loot by default (except energy/health orbs) without any augments and maybe have a chance to pull target's weapons from their hands. What they did? Nothing.

Bullet attractor was and will be useless despite small changes they are going to implement. This skill was usefull only againts high-threat targets like bosses, scrumba,  manics, bursa, heavy eximus but guess what? THEY ARE IMMUNE TO IT.

Shield polarize is nerfed into the ground.

Waiting info about crush, but seeing the "changes" they are going to implement, I strongly doubt it will be of any use.

The only decent rework so far is Frost rework. All other "reworkds" were nothing short of nerfs.

Edited by SonicSonedit

The only thing you could possibly say was nerfed is the rate at which shield polarize is deployed. Even still, it now effects nearly all enemies besides those with just health and the wave works great mechanically instead of insta-killing the entire room.

Bullet attractor now works both defensively and offensively plus it was practically size of a regular snow globe.

Though I hope she gets some more strength and for crush to get more then just an animation change.

9 hours ago, Genitive said:

Hey OP, have you played her? No?

How about not judging her before you play?

I wish people would stop using this argument

Do you also say "wait until it's done before you say that a turd has come out" when somebody says he'll go to the toilet because he has to take a dump?

Shield polarize like it is now is not a skill, it's a joke. Basically an endless scaling skip-Corpus-button. Good riddance, i say.

"Oh noes, dem nerfs destroying the game... Yeah, back when pre-nerf Greedy Pull + pre-nerf Peacemaker played the game for you, THAT was fun (watching TV etc.)!! Don't you tell me the game wasn't hard, programming those macros and walking to the spawn points! Don't you judge me, balance is only a matter of taste anyway!" Blah blah.

1 hour ago, SFTT.Lightning said:

I wish people would stop using this argument

Do you also say "wait until it's done before you say that a turd has come out" when somebody says he'll go to the toilet because he has to take a dump?

Well yeah, you tend start stating the obvious when multiple people walk out of the toilets smelling awful and wearing pants with a patch of brown.

However this thread is more like people walked out of the bathroom then tried to blame the smell on some good food they barely (only used for spam moves) or never at all touched. Since no one besides the devs have touched the new addition to this food, we all know what is bad here.

Edited by Postal_pat

5 hours ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

I am not sure how it will turn out in-game, but my fear is (and if it turns out like that it will be useless)

Most people do not consider it even and think about it and just say: yeah shield polarize stays, stop whining.. NO, you start thinking first please.. so here it is:

Since the wave is expanding.. lets say we have a group of corpus enemies with 200 shields and 100 health, our shield polarize will do 50% drain and 2x damage multiplier in this example.. 

So when the wave expands it will inevitably hit a single enemy first, before the others, so what will happen:

It will drain 100 of his shields, multiply them by 2x and then explode for 2*100 being 200 damage, since the single enemy will explode first he will do 200 damage to the surrounding enemies letting them stay with 0 shields and 100 health, so when the wave hits them now it wont do anything..

if SP turns out like that i will make the whole ability and mag herself inferior to pretty much all the other frames..