The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best sentinel and sentinel weapon

(PSN)ffaddict789

Depends largely on the rest of my loadout as well as the mission. I like Shade (Prisma) + Vulklok if I only want a Sentinel killing enemies I don't notice (I like this when I'm geared up for close combat), or Wyrm (Prime) + Sweeper (Prime) with Wyrm's Warrior preset unranked for making sure nothing can even get close to me (I like this when I'm geared up for long-range combat).

24 minutes ago, IronWolfKnight said:

I'm gonna say Helios since not only it can scan targets much easier than doing it yourself but its augment mod Detect Vulnerability can boost your damage output quite nicely.

So if the enemy is scanned and a weak point is revealed then that boosts damage for the rest of the encounters with that enemy in the game or only when Helios is scanning or equipped?

I'm having fun using djinn with the vulklok, little flying CC monster

djinn will hypnotize a group of enemies, who will walk towards you begging for bullets, if it hypnotizes a large enough group that gets too close djinn will "spray them with acid" or, lets off a large corrosive proc that'll have that group holding their eyes for a bit with reduced armor

djinn's also get the second longest attack range for sentinels which works great for the vulklok, with a radiation vulklok djinn can confuse distant enemies

so in the end you'll have a nice group of enemies tied up with hypnotize, and more tied up dealing with the radiation procs starting fights with their friends, djinn is also the beefiest sent so it wont die all that much compared to some of the others 

Edited by FoxyKabam

31 minutes ago, (PS4)ffaddict789 said:

So if the enemy is scanned and a weak point is revealed then that boosts damage for the rest of the encounters with that enemy in the game or only when Helios is scanning or equipped?

I'm pretty sure it's just a temporary, per-individual-enemy basis.

Greetings mate.

If I recall correctly,the "Detect Vulnerability" mod marks a single target in a 30 meter radius with a weakpoint,if that point is hit then the enemy suffers additional damage. Keep in mind that in order for an enemy to receive this mark it needs to be fully scanned in the codex. The sentinel won`t consume codex charges to perform this action.

On the topic of preferred sentinels I use the diriga since it offers a bit of crowd control, the carrier for obvious reasons and the Shade for its stealth(which can be a saving grace provided it actually deploys but I must admit its restrictive at times). For the sentinel weapons its usually the vulklok or carriers sweeper though they need a reactor and a few forma to truly shine.

18 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

I'm having fun using djinn with the vulklok, little flying CC monster

djinn will hypnotize a group of enemies, who will walk towards you begging for bullets, if it hypnotizes a large enough group that gets too close djinn will "spray them with acid" or, lets off a large corrosive proc that'll have that group holding their eyes for a bit with reduced armor

djinn's also get the second longest attack range for sentinels which works great for the vulklok, with a radiation vulklok djinn can confuse distant enemies

so in the end you'll have a nice group of enemies tied up with hypnotize, and more tied up dealing with the radiation procs starting fights with their friends, djinn is also the beefiest sent so it wont die all that much compared to some of the others 

Wait, how is Djinn the beefiest Sentinel? It has the same base defensive stats as Wyrm, Dethcube, Carrier and Helios.

The Prime/Prisma Sentinels are the ones with the most beef.

Diriga and Sweeper prime...Vulklok does more damage but sweeper can CC better. I use vulk sometimes.

19 minutes ago, clemza said:

Carrier for sure, you need ressources and credits to craft, so there is no point using another sentinel that won't help you picking all of this.

after you played 3 years and have a million of every resource, not really

Edited by CookingFood

20 minutes ago, (PS4)ffaddict789 said:

It doesn't work like that. Detect Vulnerability only works on targets that are fully scanned in the codex and Helios can only reveal a weak spot on every enemy individually. This wiki link will help explain how it works:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Detect_Vulnerability

Edited by IronWolfKnight

1 minute ago, KirukaChan said:

Wait, how is Djinn the beefiest Sentinel? It has the same base defensive stats as Wyrm, Dethcube, Carrier and Helios.

The Prime/Prisma Sentinels are the ones with the most beef.

you're right, my mistake

haven't touched carrier prime since release

13 minutes ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

Is it even possible to keep a sentinel alive in higher level missions??

I've gone to 80 on a T4S and have still had my sent floating around at some point the only thing that you should really worry about is how well you can avoid bombards because those will 1 shot it

Worst Sentinel: Carrier. No He's not good you're just lazy. You can just walk over resources to get them.

That being said Sweeper is a good gun its fire rate, Status and the fact that it uses shotgun mods means you can mod it for pure status for Utility. I have Blast and Electricity on my sweeper on purpose and 3 status mods.

I would argue that Wyrm or Djinn (After his buff) are the best Sentinels. both thier weapons leave alot to be desired tho

Djinn and Diriga are my favorites. Their CC will save you countless times and its reliable.

Many people will say Carrier, but I find his utility something I can easily do myself. Resources are not hard to come by and  health/energy orbs wont make that big of a difference in gameplay. Carrier is only good if you use a low ammo efficiency weapon

Edited by Hypernaut1

I got sucked by Carrier, throw in even prime version and potato so my comparison is biased. Vacuum is sometimes useful if we play frame with channel  ability to help with sustain. Otherwise it is just easy of use, but for me ease of use is very important. And i am not interested in running around collecting coins. There are better games for coin collecting (like Mario).

Nevertheless my favorite powers are neutral. This freeze aura is cool, fast shield recharge is great, revive dome is not bad. If there was the option to obtain vacuum outside sentinel i would try more other sentinels. But right now,  loot collecting is basic utility like jumping.

Sweeper Prime is fine. However Prime Laser Rifle could be a hiden gem.

Edited by felixsylvaris