Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fav place to lvl new frames?

(PSN)forChristsake

Question

Started playing over a week ago. I'm an MR3 and I got Excalibur to lvl 30. Finally finished building a rhino yesterday, and tonight my Valkyr finishes. Just been farming Earth to lvl up my warframe and curious what you guys do to lvl new frames? I tend to solo since I have 3 kids and don't want to leave a team stranded mid mission so I can put a baby back to sleep. Also, any advice on soloing General Ruk? I lean towards melee (honestly my aim sucks,ha ha.  And I played a lot of Skyrim, ha), and that isn't really viable for him. I know about his weak spots, but I get murdered waiting for them to open (hence the rhino build).

20 answers to this question

If you don't have access to the higher level planets yet a good spot is Apollodorus on Mercury, its a survival mission and a 20min run can easily get you the first 10 levels out of the way unlocking all four abilities.

Sechura on Pluto. All I need is good primary, and can do it from level 1. Good credit farm.

Akkad on Eris. Worse than Sechura but gives Neurodes.

ODD. Keys are cheap and it is easy to complete squad. Chance for nice loot. Chance.

Elara Jupiter. 15 minutes for key. And big chance for neurodes. With Solicor Corpus is not that annoying.

Hieracon Pluto. Generally there is a group up and it gives keys.

Void Defense T2. Could be done at very low level. 20 waves is not big deal. Ducats.

Alerts. Invasions.

Draco. Good for last levels.

Mimas & Cassini on Saturn are the option if You dont have higher planets yet.

Generally i try to level while farming something else.

Edited by felixsylvaris

3 hours ago, Kryshok said:

If you don't have access to the higher level planets yet a good spot is Apollodorus on Mercury, its a survival mission and a 20min run can easily get you the first 10 levels out of the way unlocking all four abilities.

Since you're playing solo this is a great/fun place to level stuff up. The only thing I can add is T1 or T2 survivals work well, because as you're gaining affinity you have a shot a ducats and forma. It's always best to use a forma on a level were you can get another one back.

Some good ideas here I'll have to try.

Generally, I run Draco, either with people I play with a lot and they know they may do some carrying or with randoms with a proper build.  I usually slap in the best of whatever aura matches the aura slot to get max slots for mods and then fill those with Shield, Armor and/or Health mods.  Take at least my two best weapons, maybe a third, and a carrier to suck up the loot.  From what I understand, the less slots you have filled the better as affinity spreads evenly among filled slots, even maxed items, therefore I don't use the sentinel weapon slot (I usually don't level up kubrows here as they tend to get downed a lot) and I may only take two weapons.  Keep in mind you might have one or both guns pulled from you by drahk masters at some point and on the other hand it's all about CC so mêlée isn't that beneficial.  Then again I haven't done any "god tier" builds so my mêlée starts dropping off, but my tonkor and sonicor work great on Draco.  I just play strategically to avoid damage and rarely get downed even with an unranked frame.

Usually I do one solo extermination mission in Mercury - Earth - Jupiter to fit some mods (vitality/redirection/vigor etc). And to get familiar for the frame (usually the first skill). Than I run all available random alerts and put more mods in and get even more familiar with it. Finally I go for example to Dark Sector Excavation mission for fun and void key farm (I need TIII Cap and MD keys). So two birds with one stone. Time wise not so efficient, but regarding fun and farming benefits the time just flies by.

Previously I ran draco but the mission renders somewhat boring on that tiny map. Efficient yes but extremely boring plus I want to take my time for the new warframe and his/her abilities during the progression and on the way I swap mods how I prefer them.

Edited by carnaga

13 minutes ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

Usually Sortie Missions in Pugs. The other players really try for you and are so pleased when you level up from 0-30.

By the way, what does FU mean?

That'd be funnier if you could actually take a non-30 frame into a sortie. Better luck next time.

I'd add another oldschool option in Kappa, Sedna. It's not nearly as popular as it used to be, but it's still a good spot jump through the early levels if nothing else.

12 hours ago, Magnulast said:

I really like speedrunning spy missions, usually at Lex ceres(I took a unranked valkyr with level 30 weapons and didn't die)

However I like draco now because of all the oh-crud moments.

Unless if there is a ASH ruining everyone's fun.

hey dude that's offensive cuz i use ash

9 hours ago, Jkrellius said:

hey dude that's offensive cuz i use ash

Sorry about that, I didn't intend to be rude towards you.(I was kinda saying if a ASH ruining everyone's fun.)

I'm talking when there is a ash only using bladestorm, spaming it, and everyone's fun a waste.

On 3/20/2016 at 9:51 PM, Magnulast said:

Sorry about that, I didn't intend to be rude towards you.(I was kinda saying if a ASH ruining everyone's fun.)

I'm talking when there is a ash only using bladestorm, spaming it, and everyone's fun a waste.

oh so that's what you meant sorry for misunderstanding.

Helene on Saturn is quite good, there is nearly always a group, the level is low so it is no problem to play it completely without warframe powers and the C rotation gives T2 keys or rare mods like split chamber\barrel diffusion if you still look for them. Serration, Hornet strike as well as Orokin cells also drop there quite often or are given out in the B rotation after 15 waves.

I vary by seeing what resources are needed for my current building projects and target the planets that drop them :-)

As for Ruk - I solo'ed him about 170 times trying to get Continuity (never dropped! Thanks RNG :-) ) with rhino and an AoE weapon (I was using Tonkor) just lob grenades at him and his weak spots get damaged.

Eventually got continuity in a Void Exterminate container!

CT.

I like S missions for leveling a 0 level frame... i solo the dark infestation survival on saturn, which gives +15% XP on kills.    I was leveling up my old Ex today after forma and I got him up to 16 in 20m, using an ignis, sonicor and an XP booster from baro.  solo is best because you get more XP if you kill yourself, instead of your teammates.  and i always pick up a few neural sensors, which is lovely.

after i get my frame to 15 odd, i host an ODD and soak up the XP, killing as many as possible.... with a XP booster i've gotten 700k in 25 waves.  and i usually get a few neurodes there. 

I dislike leeches in Draco and I don't level frames in Draco, although many people do.  I level up weapons in Draco only. 

this is a great guide on leveling frames from reddit, WF section:  Best and most clear guide i've seen on the subject.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3y2uab/leveling_warframes/

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

Pavlov, Earth: Orokin Moon Spy Mission, gives you a chance at Shadow Dept mods and completed Forma from the new Orokin Moon "Simon Says" puzzle room.

Lua, Earth: Easy, low-level Excavation that's great for farming Void Keys, which should then allow you access to...

Tower 1 Survival: Forma-ed my Valkyr twice last Saturday just by running these. It might be a little rough before you get your Warframe's survivability powers (Iron Skin for Rhino, Hysteria for Valkyr, etc.) but a 20-minute run net me over 100k Affinity. However, if you need a kickstart to get the first few levels...

Akkad, Eris: Defence versus the Infestation. Easy to find groups and runs are very quick since people bug out after 5 waves, netting you 30k to 40k Affinity per run and 13k Credits to boot.

I favour Cassini, Saturn. It's a survival pitched at just the right level that Elite Lancers appear from the start, without it being overwhelming for a low-rank frame (assuming decent weaponry). The elites are worth maybe triple the XP of a regular Lancer, but go squish about as easily.

Or, if you're confident in your stealth skills and have a bow or silenced sniper, chaining stealth kills on Spy missions can really make your level skyrocket. The bonus for cracking the vaults is pretty nice too.