The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How landing craft really looks like from the outside?

DeathSentenceZ

12 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

I am sorry that they got the proportions wrong. However, no matter how much you bring that point up the lore still states that the upper part is the landing craft and that will remain a fact.

Where's the lore.

12 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

Then don't call the upper part the orbiter if it is stated in the lore that it is the landing craft.

Just tell me where does it say so.

13 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

This is what you are saying:

When we invade Grineer/Corpus ships we are not actually invading a ship because the map never matches the size of shape of the ship.

I am not saying this. You don't know the exact size of the ship and there are plenty of closed rooms/corridors/shafts we can't access or see.

1 minute ago, Raniu said:

Where's the lore.

Just tell me where does it say so.

I am not saying this. You don't know the exact size of the ship and there are plenty of closed rooms/corridors/shafts we can't access or see.

In the beginning, after you have completed the first mission, it specifically states that the lower compartment is the orbiter compartment.

2 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

Why do I keep forgetting about those stuff... I could of ended this argument a while ago with this picture.

That's because lots of people believe text will save the day, when they forsake the power of pictorial sources and other legit sources.

Edited by RandOm3

2 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

Why do I keep forgetting about those stuff... I could of ended this argument a while ago with this picture.

You assume we forgot about them too, but they aren't in game, so they aren't as important as what is, and what is ingame is a bridge that doesn't fit the dimensions of a Liset. By all means let DE update the artwork so it works but until then I won't consider the Liset as being the same as the Orbiter bridge. 

1 minute ago, KinetosImpetus said:

You assume we forgot about them too, but they aren't in game, so they aren't as important as what is, and what is ingame is a bridge that doesn't fit the dimensions of a Liset. By all means let DE update the artwork so it works but until then I won't consider the Liset as being the same as the Orbiter bridge. 

Well, sorry to ruin your party but, until the lore states otherwise, your opinion is nothing but an opinion and will therefore be irrelevant to an argument.

How about you guys wait until DE actually models the Orbiter and how the landing crafts attach?

You do realize that what you argue about is admittedly half finished at this stage as the whole concept got pushed back by a miriad of things DE released instead of finishing the animation for the orbiter and landing craft docking.

Since the first concept (originally planned to ship with UI 2.0) other landing craft types were implemented, then the Focus trees and room came and now the original concept for the Orbiter and Liset doesn't match what they have in the game now. Steve said that this is still in the pipeline but pushed even beyond U19 if I remember correctly.

So we wait for DE to either enlarge the Liset in the Vor's Prize quest and introduce different craft interiors for each crafts (I'm all for it) or to change their lore in like one or two spots in the game.

I wonder what they'll do~~

8 minutes ago, Raniu said:

So we wait for DE to either enlarge the Liset in the Vor's Prize quest and introduce different craft interiors for each crafts (I'm all for it) or to change their lore in like one or two spots in the game.

I wonder what they'll do~~

I'm fairly sure they'll create our Orbiters fully with some new interactions between players and their Orbiters and model more interiors for each landing craft - or just change the current one that we have to be the bridge of the Orbiter and skip the landing craft interior completely. 

But not anytime soon... Starchart 3.0 and a bunch of things are more important than this snippet of visuals/lore.

I'm all for this change ever since they brought in UI 2.0 but I can understand that there are higher priorities than this. I think the second cinematic quest will elaborate on this more or even sooner with that bit of infested goop going on the starboard corridor of the orbiter in the current patches.

Edited by TychusMechanicus
Grammar

31 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

I am not even going to argue with you when you bring up such a poor point as that. 

You dindt get my point , only liset docks in front of the orbiter , wich means what liset is part of orbiter and its why interior is always the same one , mantis scimintar and xihpos cant dock like liset do to difirent ship shape , meaning their must be in hanger if were is one , and thus those ships dont have interiors .

also this 

8O5FTr6.gif

Just want to take a moment to butt in on my alternate account to say that the devs have stated that the Liset's interior is enlarged due to "Void Space". The manipulation of space.

While in a Squad, you are looking out from your Landing Craft to see a Landing Craft of your teammate. The Orbiter is constantly "hidden in the Void", which is why it cannot be seen from the Landing Craft but can be accessed through the Landing Craft.

12 minutes ago, TychusMechanicus said:

I'm fairly sure they'll create our Orbiters fully with some new interactions between players and their Orbiters and model more interiors for each landing craft - or just change the current one that we have to be the bridge of the Orbiter and skip the landing craft interior completely. 

But not anytime soon... Starchart 3.0 and a bunch of things are more important than this snippet of visuals/lore.

I'm all for this change ever since they brought in UI 2.0 but I can understand that there are higher priorities than this. I think the second cinematic quest will elaborate on this more or even sooner with that bit of infested goop going on the starboard corridor of the orbiter in the current patches.

+1 for using the term starboard. 

26 minutes ago, IIIDevoidIII said:

Just want to take a moment to butt in on my alternate account to say that the devs have stated that the Liset's interior is enlarged due to "Void Space". The manipulation of space.

While in a Squad, you are looking out from your Landing Craft to see a Landing Craft of your teammate. The Orbiter is constantly "hidden in the Void", which is why it cannot be seen from the Landing Craft but can be accessed through the Landing Craft.

this is entirely true. the only thing we ever see is the squad mates' drop ships (including the non-liset ones). the orbiter could be hidden from view even when right in front of us but i cant help but think DE said "void space" technology as a filler until they have a more satisfactory (visual) answer for both the missing orbiters and unreasonable proportion differences. the part i wanted to point out is that it *cant* be just the liset that docks onto the nose of the orbiter if we are able to see friendly non-liset drop ships outside our window (assuming the invisible orbiters are still attached underneath, which they have to be sense everyone in squad still have access to their arsenal even when not host)

2 hours ago, DeathSentenceZ said:

I always been wondering that there so many different landing craft e.g(Mantis, Liset, Scimitar, Xiphos) and the interior is always the same.

Finally I have seen the exterior of the Landing Craft we are on for so long. Below are some of the image i capture

Actually what you captured is the physical model on the outside, something which you technically should have never seen because getting out of your *whatever* is a glitch.  Just like if you glitch out in some maps in the Void and can stand on top of the room and look down into it.  You aren't "on top" of that room with its suddenly transparent see-thru ceiling, you are on top of the physical representation of the room from the outside, which again, is only accessible through a glitch and has no bearing on how it would actually look had DE intended for you to see it.

This entire thread is predicated on the fact that what you see by exploiting a glitch in the ceiling to jump into a space that was never modeled for outside viewing has any actual representation of what the outside of the ship actually looks like.

Some good theorycrafting here though, so I guess it doesn't matter one way or another, just keep in mind, if DE ever decides to make an in-game non-glitch way to step outside one's ship, the outside will very likely appear quite different than glitchy screenshots.

1 hour ago, IIIDevoidIII said:

While DE have talked about void-space compression for the Liset I think you're reading the new ship gathering visuals incorrectly, it's just bog standard parallel game reality.

E.G. 

My Tenno is the one who suffered with the Ascaris and had to liberate an old Liset, rebuild my orbiter and untimely participated in the awakening of Hunhow and the return of the moon. From my perspective, the other Tenno who I see in my cells have different backgrounds and different stories.

Each one of them thinks the same, and from their perspective, they are the only ones who did all of that.

In the same way, when gathering for a mission my Tenno's Liset remains docked with the orbiter and all the other Tenno leave their orbiter's and come to me in their landing ship of choice.

Form their perspective they are the ones who are staying with their orbiter and the rest of us are the ones in our landing craft coming over to them.

Edited by SilentMobius

1 hour ago, Raniu said:

Dude. The upper part can't fit in such a tiny craft:

latest?cb=20140723060917

You must've missed Vor's Prize's first mission... The craft's height hardly equals that of the frame.

Are you kidding? The boxes on the landing pad are roughly as high as the warframe (actually higher), and liset is ~3 times that high.

DE got proportions right. You can see the ramp from here.

Image for reference:WR9K3bj.jpg?1

This is the original orbiter concept

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvRY8nBg3uSVLFHsayrN7

The thing our current set up is based of of. The landing craft go inside the hanger in the middle, while we navigate from the bridge (which is at the front of the ship for some stupid reason) 

2 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

This is the original orbiter concept

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvRY8nBg3uSVLFHsayrN7

The thing our current set up is based of of. The landing craft go inside the hanger in the middle, while we navigate from the bridge (which is at the front of the ship for some stupid reason) 

Ah, when they don't put the Bridge in the center of the ship it gets blown up by a passing bomber as it hits the exposed Bridge in the front.

I don't get why they don't put it inside and not on the outside.

15 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

Ah, when they don't put the Bridge in the center of the ship it gets blown up by a passing bomber as it hits the exposed Bridge in the front.

I don't get why they don't put it inside and not on the outside.

Exactly. The only reason you'd want an open bridge would be the view, but cameras are a thing. 

If you were smart you'd stick the  ships control room somewhere a tad safer 

10 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

Exactly. The only reason you'd want an open bridge would be the view, but cameras are a thing. 

If you were smart you'd stick the  ships control room somewhere a tad safer 

You should put it in the center by the engineering/engine room in the back.