Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hate inventory slots

Mr.ToastForPresident

Just now, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

But the only way DE could make money is through slots, so if I can't buy slots for Archwing, then someone in DE is going to starve.

Yeah, I know what you meant, just kidding around. On topic though, to be fair, the player majority dislikes Archwing, so even if they were losing money, it wouldn't matter because so few people play Archwing. I think the only incentive to get good Archwing gear is the J3 fight... While DE would lose money from making warframe and weapon slots infinite, it wouldn't be notable enough to matter in the big picture...

17 hours ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

"But you can always get more plat through trading!" you might say.

Yes, but for newer players, the void is not accessible, and all weapons and warfarmes from the void are precious to them. Plus, you are not lucky all the time, so there is no guarantee way for you to earn plat. If you believe that DE needs your money, I highly doubt people paying for slots is what keeps the lights on at night.

the void is super easyto access for new players

nearly the entire recruiting chat is full of ppl hosting and joining void missions and even t4 missions are accessible for mr 1 players there is no problem to get stuff u can sell and event if ur unluck there is a guaranteed way to get or atleast save palt if uget crap prime stuff sell it even 10 plat is plat and if u get a forma bp congrats u just saved 20 plat andif u get orokin cells congrats now u can build the fomra bps u got earlyer

17 hours ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

Slots may have been more appropriate in the beginning, since there were only a few weapons and warframes for you to own, but now since there are a lot more weapons and warframes, slots have become a hindrance. It forces players into meta's and kills diversity in how you could play.

slots are still fine and i the only thing thats forcing players into so called metabuilds is the community and DE cant fix that

and hey even if they cant they are still trying buy buffing older weapons with augment mods

2 minutes ago, Weidro said:

nearly the entire recruiting chat is full of ppl hosting and joining void missions and even t4 missions are accessible for mr 1 players there is no problem to get stuff u can sell and event if ur unluck there is a guaranteed way to get or atleast save palt if uget crap prime stuff sell it even 10 plat is plat and if u get a forma bp congrats u just saved 20 plat andif u get orokin cells congrats now u can build the fomra bps u got earlyer

slots are still fine and i the only thing thats forcing players into so called metabuilds is the community and DE cant fix that

and hey even if they cant they are still trying buy buffing older weapons with augment mods

Like I said before, trade chat could be unreliable way for sources of platinum. You could spend all you time spamming trade chat to sell something, only to waste a half hour getting no deal at all. 

As for metabuilds, slots are one problem why people keep meta builds. If the player had the choice between owning a powerful weapon and a fun but weak weapon, they would probably choose something that is powerful.

Plus, I was taking the side of newer players. If you have never talked to a new player before, you may not understand how much slots could be a huge problem for them. They would rather trade the remaining void items for ducats, as Baro sometimes sells essential mods to them. Other times, they would rather keep the item because they would rather build that new shiny thing than sell it.

1 minute ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

Like I said before, trade chat could be unreliable way for sources of platinum. You could spend all you time spamming trade chat to sell something, only to waste a half hour getting no deal at all. 

As for metabuilds, slots are one problem why people keep meta builds. If the player had the choice between owning a powerful weapon and a fun but weak weapon, they would probably choose something that is powerful.

Plus, I was taking the side of newer players. If you have never talked to a new player before, you may not understand how much slots could be a huge problem for them. They would rather trade the remaining void items for ducats, as Baro sometimes sells essential mods to them. Other times, they would rather keep the item because they would rather build that new shiny thing than sell it.

if u think trade chat is unreliable then u should start using websites like warframe.market or wftrading.net or warframe.trade or whatever tool uprefer iknower there are although lots and lots of facebook groups for warfrme trading

if u try t use somethign thatu cant work with u will suck with it even if urusing the amazing metabuild someone gave u but if u use the weapon ur actualy good with and where u like the gameplay then u will become good with it

and i am experiencing that right now we hvea new guy in the clan he is playing for somethign around 4 weeks prolly a bit less and slots areno problem for him at all because we support him and teach him how to sell stuff to get plat from trade chat and a new player should not beable to acces baro at all baro has till today never sold a essential mod and if u think primed mods are essential then im sry but no they are ment to be endgame and srsly u dont need them to be a god player and be good in a team oh and u might know thatnew players dont have the cores to max these out if ur telling ur new mates that they need mods from bro ur putting a lot of pressure on them with this $&*^ move

15 minutes ago, Weidro said:

if u think trade chat is unreliable then u should start using websites like warframe.market or wftrading.net or warframe.trade or whatever tool uprefer iknower there are although lots and lots of facebook groups for warfrme trading

if u try t use somethign thatu cant work with u will suck with it even if urusing the amazing metabuild someone gave u but if u use the weapon ur actualy good with and where u like the gameplay then u will become good with it

and i am experiencing that right now we hvea new guy in the clan he is playing for somethign around 4 weeks prolly a bit less and slots areno problem for him at all because we support him and teach him how to sell stuff to get plat from trade chat and a new player should not beable to acces baro at all baro has till today never sold a essential mod and if u think primed mods are essential then im sry but no they are ment to be endgame and srsly u dont need them to be a god player and be good in a team oh and u might know thatnew players dont have the cores to max these out if ur telling ur new mates that they need mods from bro ur putting a lot of pressure on them with this $&*^ move

Sorry, but I have a hard time understanding you because of your spelling.

But if you really believe that slots are a good thing, then I would like to hear them. Getting enough plat for slots maybe just my problem, but that does not justify the reason to keep slots.

DE could make money some other way, and they do. Slots just restrict players in what they can use. So explain to me why slots are good.

4 minutes ago, Vomitous said:

Inventory slots are the training wheels that acquaint you with the idea that spending plat in the game in small increments makes your life easier. As such they serve an incredibly valuable purpose.

Yet you are never really taught how to effectively use plat, so many beginners don't spend their 50p on slots, but rather resources that they can't reach due to the dumb starchart, or something that looks cool.

Maybe they should walk you through buying a frame slot and a set of weapon slots with the starter plat, the same way they have a tutorial for the mod screen nowadays. (You have to install a mod on your weapon before you can move on.)

Learning someone spent their 50p on some plastids or something would be sad news indeed.

19 hours ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

Slots may have been more appropriate in the beginning, since there were only a few weapons and warframes for you to own, but now since there are a lot more weapons and warframes, slots have become a hindrance. It forces players into meta's and kills diversity in how you could play.

I don't understand your argument.  You're arguing both sides.

I suppose there are alternatives to how it's done right now, but here's some examples from games I've played:

• Team Fortress 2 - your first cash purchase makes you a "Premium" member and increases slots from 50 to 300(Every key, lockbox, cosmetic, or gear item uses slots), new weapons obtained outside of purchasing are obtained randomly in regards to both time and what item it is (something similar would be the few weapon alerts Warframe has, but applied to all the weapons; crafting is possible, but usually costs 6-15 scrapped weapons on top of 1 or 2 specific ones)

• Planetside 2 - No "slots" AFAIK, but all items have a premium price and a kind of achievement currency price (gained from objectives; after ~580 hrs I could buy 4-6 weapons otherwise unobtainable). Items are both Faction locked AND Class locked to a character type in each Faction with a few overlapping weapon types, the same currency is used for all gear upgrades as well. I'd describe the currency acquisition rate about like if Ducats were used to purchase at the level we use credits in crafting.

• Defiance - No free way to increase inventory slots, even Quest/Event weapons. Shields, Primary weapons, secondary weapons, grenades(7 types), Instant Stim boosts(3 types), AoE Squad boosts(3 types), and any unequipped weapon attachments(4 types for 8+ weapon types with 15+ set bonuses in each) all share the same slots

There's other games, but never got into them enough to really compare how limiting slots are, and I'm sure many others can come up with examples that they consider worse and some better. From my experience, Warframe is plenty generous with allowing players free access to any character, weapon, companion, or gear without paying. Allowing players to trade other players for premium currency is pretty generous, too. (960 platinum, 18 Warframe slots, ~50 weapon slots, and 2 or 3 cosmetics later and haven't spent money yet. If money earned ever outweighs expenses and free-time to play I will most definitely be willing to spend money on a game like this.)

Edited by Maicael
Formatting

I'd be happy if we had an actual auction system rather than the cesspool we refer to as "Trade Chat."

A reliable way to trade items and plat would go a long way to helping with the space limitations. I've spent almost as much time dealing with that chat as I have playing the game over the past 3 years. I thought about playing on Steam recently, but quickly changed my mind when I remembered how few slots I'd have to work with and the time I'd waste getting more.

I do think they should add 1 more warframe slot and 2 weapon slot when starting. We have a MUCH bigger selection then when the game launched it's open beta, yet this little part didn't change. While it's not a must it would be too much of a money loss and I do think it would help new player to stay.

3 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

I don't understand your argument.  You're arguing both sides.

When I said the beginning, I meant in 2013, where there was only 1 weapons for each type. We had the braton for people who loved automatic weapons, latron for semi auto, etc. each weapon catered to a fan of those types of weapon. Now, with each weapons pouring into many different varieties, weapon slots are less appropriate.

1 hour ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

When I said the beginning, I meant in 2013, where there was only 1 weapons for each type. We had the braton for people who loved automatic weapons, latron for semi auto, etc. each weapon catered to a fan of those types of weapon. Now, with each weapons pouring into many different varieties, weapon slots are less appropriate.

Basically you're just saying that people shouldn't have to make a decision. That they shouldn't have to choose whether they want to keep a weapon or sell it to try out the newest shiny released that may or may not be better than what they sold(which they can then re-craft and get again). It must certainly be aggravating that each time a new Warframe or weapon is added that decision just gets harder, like only having a 3-car garage when there's a new sports car you want to get every year without trading out your old ones.

Allowing players to gain Warframe/weapon slots on some of the mastery ranks that don't give Loadout slots could help lessen it some, but even then you're still going to have to choose between items eventually.

Edited by Maicael

7 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Basically you're just saying that people shouldn't have to make a decision. That they shouldn't have to choose whether they want to keep a weapon or sell it to try out the newest shiny released that may or may not be better than what they sold(which they can then re-craft and get again). It must certainly be aggravating that each time a new Warframe or weapon is added that decision just gets harder, like only having a 3-car garage when there's a new sports car you want to get every year without trading out your old ones.

Allowing players to gain Warframe/weapon slots on some of the mastery ranks that don't give Loadout slots could help lessen it some, but even then you're still going to have to choose between items eventually.

What the hek are you babbling about decisions for? You have to decide every day in warframe through invasion alerts. You have to decide if you should join one syndicate from another. During events, you have to decide which side to take.

I just don't feel like having to restrict weapon or warframe variety over the sake of getting more money.

8 hours ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

It is not the problem that I don't want to spend money on the game. My whole problem is that it restricts what I can or can not do. Have you ever talked to a new player before? They always talk about slots and how they have to revolve their whole entire gameplay around slots. Newer players don't have much to work with. They don't have enough keys to constantly farm the void, they don't have enough mods to continue into higher level missions, they don't have the mastery rank to trade a the syndicate primaries, and trading is something that is rarely mentioned to them at all. 

Is it selfish for me to think about some one else's problems, especially if I want to get them into the game and actually spend money on it? Am I greedy for wanting to spend my platinum on something else rather than slots? Is it wrong for my starting friends to keep both their beginning Mag and a Nova so they can vary up their gameplay and not get bored from having to stick with two warframes at the same time? You guys act like slots are the main driving force that keeps DE alive. And I assure you that slots aren't the reason why everyone wants to get platinum, but is more being forced to get more platinum.

You guys may be the luckiest guys in the world, being able to get fifty copies of the nikana prime and maxing out your syndicate rep to sell for hundreds of plat in the trade chat, but some of us are not so fortunate with RNG. If they were to remove slots or make them more readily accessible through crafting or other means, I doubt that DE headquarters would be forced to close their doors the next day. They will always have their cosmetics, the prime access and the steam workshop to give them money.

Oh, and "complaining" about something that is "free". I have spent money, time and effort in this game, so this game isn't really "free" in any real sense. Being "free" doesn't make anything immune to complaints. I may live in a "free" country, but if my free education is very :clem:'y then I would complain about it.

There are quite a few holes in your logic.

1. New players start with 50 platinum. Meaning they can buy 2 additional slots [ 4 warframes ] 

2. Once you level up an item to 30 - you don't need it any more. Meaning you can sell the item and regain slots.

3. Anyone can join any one elses void missions to farm prime parts. They don't need keys them selves.

Essentially your argument is full of so many holes it makes swiss cheese look solid. 

Edited by xxswatelitexx

1 hour ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

What the hek are you babbling about decisions for? You have to decide every day in warframe through invasion alerts. You have to decide if you should join one syndicate from another. During events, you have to decide which side to take.

I just don't feel like having to restrict weapon or warframe variety over the sake of getting more money.

They aren't restricting variety, they're offering more of it almost every update, but just because more is offered to choose from doesn't mean they're just going to give it to you to add to your collection. (And yes, even playtime spent "farming" for something is just giving it to you)

2 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

There are quite a few holes in your logic.

1. New players start with 50 platinum. Meaning they can buy 2 additional slots [ 4 warframes ] 

2. Once you level up an item to 30 - you don't need it any more. Meaning you can sell the item and regain slots.

3. Anyone can join any one elses void missions to farm prime parts. They don't need keys them selves.

Essentially your argument is full of so many holes it makes swiss cheese look solid. 

1. New players don't know how to properly spend that 50 plat. They won't know if buying slots would be a good idea or not, and sometimes might spend it on resources instead.

2. Yes, you can level an item to 30, but since newer players can hold only up to 4-8 (if they decide to buy 2 sets of weapon slots and 1 frame slot) weapons, they don't have variety in their playstyle, as they could 1-2 primary, secondary and melee weapons and the last two they would switch out. That means if they found a weapon they really like, they might not be able to keep that weapon.

3. Farming void is easily accessible to new players, but these new players would keep or sell their weapons for ducats as some mods by baro is essential for most kits (like primed flow and continuity).

22 hours ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

So what you're saying is inventory slots weren't a problem when there few weapons and warframes, but now that there are many weapons and warframes inventory slots are a problem?

Well.  Yes.  That's the point.

Look, I would /maybe/ agree with you if people had to purchase inventory slots with real money.  Maybe.  But inventory slots are /extremely cheap/ and purchased with platinum that can be /easily/ be obtained in the game.

• 3 months later...
On 26/3/2016 at 0:59 AM, Weidro said:

you know, when i was low mastery rank, i was invited by high level mastery rank or whatever it was, to T4 mission, i was able to survive, and got a event mod, from corrupted vor, this proves it, that even you are weak, you can still do it with high level players, then i was able to do a weekend and got a strun wraith.

Edited by nicklam445