Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you be more engaged to watch warframe if it was First person ?

TeaBegging

7 minutes ago, IamTheSparta said:

More strategic, maybe, but less fun, i love to parkour and dodge the bullets of my enemys, exactly like in Gunz and Gunz 2 games, with FPS, it is impossible.

Btw, you wont have a first person mode, you can continue to dream and create your thread each day if you want.

Instead off bashing people about their opinions could you contribute anything else ? That aside great that you enjoy the game the way you do now. I am not here to take that away from you. What I am trying to do is give a personal view about how competitive games have been doing so well in first person views.

Edited by TeaBegging

4 minutes ago, TeaBegging said:

Instead off bashing people about their opinions could you contribute anything else ? That aside great that you enjoy the game the way you do now. I am not here to take that away from you. What I am trying to do is give a personal view about how competitive games have been doing so well in first person views.

You want to change the meta of the pvp, and actually i love the actual pvp, there is some needed tweaks about the camera and visibility to bring but a first person point of view? lol, you'll be EASY for me if you play in fps and me in TPS.

Apart from a handful of games I don't really like first person perspective, so if Warframe was and FPS I probably wouldn't even consider it.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)eoinhef said:

Also fashion frame,how would you see the lovely cosmetics you have bought in 1st person!

^

41 minutes ago, SigmaLambdaOmega said:

First person warframe would have the same problems as VR warframe:

Reveal hidden contents

fp42xlM.gif

You'd play differently if you were in first person view, so any vomit inducing movement would be selfinflicted. I think this is the biggest reason that people immediately dismiss the idea, forgetting that you don't have to bullet jump, roll, slide and walljump all the time.

2 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

you don't have to bullet jump, roll, slide and walljump all the time.

Any movement at all with volt/nezha, blade storm is already bad enough and then adding first person, doing anything in the void, getting knocked down...safest bet would be playing rhino or something else that is really slow

3 minutes ago, SigmaLambdaOmega said:

Any movement at all with volt/nezha, blade storm is already bad enough and then adding first person, doing anything in the void, getting knocked down...safest bet would be playing rhino or something else that is really slow

All apart from teleporting would be something you could compensate or build for. Nezha's lack of friction doesn't work well anyway - running in place instead of just moving faster is a poor choice.

All I'm saying is that it could work and work well, but it's never going to happen, too much work to get it done for an option that a minority of players would actually use.

I'd say no since the Devs said NOOOOO. But having experienced the whole Console Hack FPS glitch all last year, I can say it would work fine.

It's just like Halo Reach when using that roll maneuver. The screen sorta wobbles up and down. It was interesting to see the detail of the environment. And gun use wasn't an issue if the glitch wasn't to crammed up into the neck view of your Warframe with clipping issues. 

But I'd still say no due to the fact console users have no keyboard support for button mapping, and we're pretty maxed as it is to add another toggle to switch views over other essentials. 

Damn, I don't know if I would be more engaged, but it would give me yet another way to play the game.

I don't know what are the devs' intentions, but should they plan to give players this option, I'd be super happy to try it out! Although you could miss out on what's behind you, which you are usually aware of from a third person perspective.

No...and I really wish people would stop bringing it up. I swear every damn popular game thats 3rd person has a small group of people asking if they could add first person. The Division hasn't been out that long and people are already asking for it to be added. Now it would work better in that then warframe but i still dont think it needs it when it wasn't made and designed for it...like warframe. I understand how it can add to some games but not every game has to have it . You know lots of people can really get into watching movies (myself included:)...how many great movies are shot in first person...oh yeah next to none.

Edited by RoninJed

4 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

Another day, another first person thread.

Indeed. :clem: 

From what I experience when I bug out in first person mode, it was hard to navigate w/o hitting a wall....

As many stated, way too much going on in this fast paced/colorfest game and with first-mode view it doesn't mesh well

Even if it was an optional feature there may be high chance on players getting sick and DE having tweak particle/graphic effects again.

2 hours ago, -Vin- said:

Damn, I don't know if I would be more engaged, but it would give me yet another way to play the game.

I don't know what are the devs' intentions, but should they plan to give players this option, I'd be super happy to try it out! Although you could miss out on what's behind you, which you are usually aware of from a third person perspective.

Wow someone who actually just answers the OP and doesn't bash on the Idea of First Person.

2 hours ago, RoninJed said:

No...and I really wish people would stop bringing it up. I swear every damn popular game thats 3rd person has a small group of people asking if they could add first person. The Division hasn't been out that long and people are already asking for it to be added. Now it would work better in that then warframe but i still dont think it needs it when it wasn't made and designed for it...like warframe. I understand how it can add to some games but not every game has to have it . You know lots of people can really get into watching movies (myself included:)...how many great movies are shot in first person...oh yeah next to none.

Why does it matter to you if its an option?  Its like saying any Single Player game shouldn't have the OPTION of Multiplayer BECAUSE ITS SINGLE PLAYER.  If you don't want to use it fine.  Then don't use it.  Its as simple as that.  The guy asked a question and a simple no would of sufficed.  Not sure why you CARE what OTHER PEOPLE want from a game if its not FORCED upon you.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ffaddict789 said:

Absolutely not. If I wanted first person I would play another game. One of the reasons I love this game is that I get to see my frame and how absolutely awesome it is!! 

You were almost there, but then you jumped on that wagon of "I don't want people to have options".  Should we force all effects of Melee Weapons to be off cause I don't like a light bulb on my back?  Should I force everyone to have the same sensitivity settings because I have my DPI a certain way?

No.  You can choose those, so whats wrong with person who want to play a TPS in First Person to play in First Person?  Ratchet and Clank did it.  Star Wars Battlefront did it.  Fallout did it.  Do you hear about people complaining that other people use the other view?  I don't.  I don't see why you should either.

Again same as the other guy.  A simple no would of sufficed.

1 hour ago, Morte_de_Angelis said:

Wow someone who actually just answers the OP and doesn't bash on the Idea of First Person.

Why does it matter to you if its an option?  Its like saying any Single Player game shouldn't have the OPTION of Multiplayer BECAUSE ITS SINGLE PLAYER. 

Lol I love how you act like adding first person view in game that was made for 3rd person is so easy. I am not against people having more options in a game..I think warframe has alot of options already. But i really don't want DE to waste the time or money adding in this "option" to warframe. It does not need it to be good and they could spend their time and money doing better things for the game.

People already complained about motion sickness with the Nezha frame... how do you think people would react to a 360 first person view sword move while moving full speed lol.

Edited by RoninJed