Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dem OP kitties

SquireAngel

Them Hyekka though. Their attacks hit way too hard for how nimble/plentiful they are. I was putzing around on draco, had to revive a team mate. Had a max rank Nekros with max Vitality and Redirection on. One attack took from full shields and health to 30ish Hp, which would have been enough for any other unit to pick me off. With a loki prime running both maxed mods, it's not enough to survive a single kitty attack. That's the dash attack, which appears to be the stronger of it's two attacks, with the dash dealing 300ish against a frost prime with maxed steel and vitality, and it's swip attack dealing just under 200ish, melting frames extremely quickly. Considering many can be spawned at any time from a Hyekka master, this makes them fast, numerous, and extremely high dmging. 

1 hour ago, Racter0325 said:

I only find them problematic when I get teleported up for whatever reason and they happen to be there and instagib me. Otherwise they're really easy to avoid IMO

Yes they are easy to avoid if you're paying attention. Unfortunately, sadly, There are some that do not possess the very basic ability to GTF out of the way when they charge. They are so used to effortlessly strolling the map decimating everything in sight with their noob tube tonkors that when faced with a more potent enemy they are rendered totally helpless. I just hope the devs don't  kowtow to the tiny percentage of wanna be game designing, dev bashing self entitled know it all types that contaminate this game.. I want warframe, not wiiframe.. It won't be long now till those type get to this thread and regurgitate feeble insults at anyone wanting to leave well enough alone.. wait for it...w a i t   f  o  r   i  t......  

Edited by DirtyBerd

Yeah, having a couple hyekka master spawn right on top of you and then summing two packs of kitties right on top of you isn't fun.

I keep seeing the issue where enemies are spawned right in front of a non-idling player

Somehow I doubt that the cats tenno are going to get any anywhere near as vicious as far as damage dealing goes.

1 hour ago, Racter0325 said:

I only find them problematic when I get teleported up for whatever reason and they happen to be there and instagib me. Otherwise they're really easy to avoid IMO

They are indeed incredibly easy to see and avoid, but it's kinda BS that they can instagib you, even with high surv mods on. I'm not against high attack dmg targets, as Ballista and Bombards deal high dmg, but you aren't 1hko lvl 40. Scorches can be a pain as any unit, but you only really have an issue with taking them out if a scorp harpoons you, and that's then two units working well together, not one op unit. It's annoying, but through use of good mechanics. Considering the number and speed they can move with, and combined with continuous spawns from masters, they should be brought in line with Ballista numbers, if not a little lower. 

It's also slightly jarring lore wise. The greatest weapon that the grineer, masters of blowing stuff up, are angry cats? These surpass rocket launchers and Snipers, mind you. 

I agree,the OP have a point. Sometime I run my trinity no vit/red mods and get one hit down by like lvl20 pesky cat.
And I just wonder how the Warframes ,the Warrior-Gods ,the most advanced Orokin technology, survive falling from great highs ,taking hard hits from rockets and explosions,lasers and guns...but get totaled by a single kitty attack. Just ridiculous!

3 hours ago, DeMeritus said:

Somehow I doubt that the cats tenno are going to get any anywhere near as vicious as far as damage dealing goes.

Imagine, our Kavats as overpowered as these ones damage wise. No need for weapons anymore, just let the kitty loose and watch it insta-gib lvl 120 Bombards. Would serve scaling right to get some of its own broken medicine...

5 hours ago, DirtyBerd said:

Yes they are easy to avoid if you're paying attention. Unfortunately, sadly, There are some that do not possess the very basic ability to GTF out of the way when they charge. They are so used to effortlessly strolling the map decimating everything in sight with their noob tube tonkors that when faced with a more potent enemy they are rendered totally helpless. I just hope the devs don't  kowtow to the tiny percentage of wanna be game designing, dev bashing self entitled know it all types that contaminate this game.. I want warframe, not wiiframe.. It won't be long now till those type get to this thread and regurgitate feeble insults at anyone wanting to leave well enough alone.. wait for it...w a i t   f  o  r   i  t......  

Don't mind Dirty here's. He's Uberleetz and Noth ng in the game is hard enough for him.

Alas, for us mere mortals gazing into the clouds at his gold encrusted pedestal, yes, the cats are far too tough. Worse still, they feature a level of toughness that is contradicted by a VISUAL design that utterly fails to convey accurately their threat rating.

Seriously Dirty, if these things aren't getting the better of you in crowded maps, congrats man. It pains me not at all to admit you are a more skilled Warframe pilot than I. And I mean that seriously; I wish I could reach a point where I could just shrug these dudes off myself.

Avoid their charge attacks. Those can 1 shot. 

General rule is when yu see a Hyekka pack, Bullet jump up first and slam with melee before running off to make sure none of them catch up with yu.

Usually they will just recover and go after someone else.

Just be careful not to run into a Heavy Gunner or Powerfist, cos they will immediately knock yu on yur butt and everything, including the Hyekkas will make easy work of yur face. 

2 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Don't mind Dirty here's. He's Uberleetz and Noth ng in the game is hard enough for him.

Just ignore him at this point, his reasoning boils down to don't criticize the game unless you're a game designer yourself or else anything you say against something that might be wrong/possibly bugged is considered bashing the devs.

Don't slam your face against the wall, it's only going to hurt you more than it.

5 hours ago, Marthrym said:

Imagine, our Kavats as overpowered as these ones damage wise. No need for weapons anymore, just let the kitty loose and watch it insta-gib lvl 120 Bombards. Would serve scaling right to get some of its own broken medicine...

When they were shown in devstream originally, the consensus of the Devs was that Kubrows were for offensive combat, while kavats will tend to be more utility.

Which does cast the fact that Drahk are negligible annoyances but Hyekka are murderous things to beware of at all times in an interesting light.

Even their respective Masters, at the moment, have opposing roles to the stated intent of the pet type; Drahk Master disarms (uitility) while Hyekka Master burns you to death (offense).

1 hour ago, EDYinnit said:

When they were shown in devstream originally, the consensus of the Devs was that Kubrows were for offensive combat, while kavats will tend to be more utility.

Which does cast the fact that Drahk are negligible annoyances but Hyekka are murderous things to beware of at all times in an interesting light.

Even their respective Masters, at the moment, have opposing roles to the stated intent of the pet type; Drahk Master disarms (uitility) while Hyekka Master burns you to death (offense).

Yeah I know, only adds to the irony.^^

4 hours ago, EDYinnit said:

Well, it would be logical for masters and their pets to complement and balance each other. If hyekkas were actually balanced for being utility units, that is.

29 minutes ago, ToaMimrik said:

Well, it would be logical for masters and their pets to complement and balance each other. If hyekkas were actually balanced for being utility units, that is.

Exactly what I meant, as supplementary summons they're pretty redundant if they share the same properties as the summoning unit, 'damage summoning damage' could just be a slightly statistically better damage unit to begin with.

I'd see them perhaps being stagger/knockdown sources while the crazy cat lady burns you to death, or something. Not just spike damage on top of spike damage.

On March 26, 2016 at 5:23 AM, DirtyBerd said:

Geez Bird, do you have to pollute every thread you come across?

Isnt it so easy to assume that you are always in the majority? Always on the right side of the argument? How Dare anyone argue with you. You obviously know exactly what this game needs, and anyone who disagrees with you should just hang themselves in exasperation of how wrong they are!

This is not CS:GO. This game is not balanced around players being instagibbed. So please keep your pathetic labels out of this discussion.

Thank you

As per the discussion, they were probably intended to do Dhrak level damage, as they are similar units. Hopefully, this problem will get fixed soon, so people like Mr. Berd up here can learn that being a bully does not get you anywhere in real life.

2 hours ago, Zoracraft said:

How Dare anyone argue with you.

I know that you mean. I think the intent is simply to kill any productive discussion. I look at threads that contain these posts, and find that they become very difficult and tiresome to read.

Going off of that feeling, I think the goal is to poison as many threads as possible. Not necessarily to make any point, of course. I think that simple destruction of value is the object.

Edited by notlamprey
clarity

12 hours ago, Zoracraft said:

As per the discussion, they were probably intended to do Dhrak level damage, as they are similar units. Hopefully, this problem will get fixed soon.

Actually, they were originally intended to stealth frame counters, with the kitties and master able to see stealth units. I'm not sure why they don't, and instead are just another angry mob.