Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your first good underrated game?

Sartactics

On 25 March 2016 at 5:14 PM, Ibro156 said:

Warframe because IGN and GameStop gave it cr@pp review and AnrgyJoe didn't review it yet :/

IGN gave COD: Ghosts a 9 out of 10. IGN sucks.

On 26 March 2016 at 7:48 AM, Darthmufin said:

hnnnnnnnnnng

i was about to comment the same thing and i had a heart attack when i saw this comment

bless you sir

The game was the best game ever.

Never got past the junk yard place though.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)TheCrimsonTuckr said:

IGN gave COD: Ghosts a 9 out of 10. IGN sucks.

The game was the best game ever.

Never got past the junk yard place though.

"They Live" was the highlight of that game really, scrap piles assembling into robots that attacked the player and mils alike. as far as i remember they only show up twice after that, with the last place being the battle with captain corrosive again as his ship crashes down in the wasteland. I think the most of my time playing the game (besides the demo back when free demo discs were a thing) was the "they live" level. So much fun to kite around those scary &#! robots with giant slashing arms. So disappointing that they didn't get enough press coverage so they never were able to fund the sequel they planned. 

5 minutes ago, Darthmufin said:

"They Live" was the highlight of that game really, scrap piles assembling into robots that attacked the player and mils alike. as far as i remember they only show up twice after that, with the last place being the battle with captain corrosive again as his ship crashes down in the wasteland. I think the most of my time playing the game (besides the demo back when free demo discs were a thing) was the "they live" level. So much fun to kite around those scary &#! robots with giant slashing arms. So disappointing that they didn't get enough press coverage so they never were able to fund the sequel they planned. 

All the good games just vanish nowadays.

7 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Dark Sector and Prototype, I love em to bits, but people dislike em for stupid reasons...

7 hours ago, Artek94 said:

Prototype was Underrated? That's a shocker... It was an awesome game indded and i think it might have did a good number on me.

Probably the biggest injection of edgyness i have ever got.

From when it was first released I also disagree; Prototype was never underrated in my eyes. In fact it was largely overrated. When I got around to playing it I still felt it was overrated. Same with the first few Assassin's Creed's.

However, Prototype 2? I actually liked that game, a lot, and that surprised me. Despite Mercer acting weirdly and the main character having little actual character I still greatly enjoyed it and it felt like a new game, completely shadowing the repetitive nonsense that is Prototype 1. The graphics are quite decent too. Just a shame there wasn't a third game which also had the same quality as the second.

Edited by Naith

8 minutes ago, Naith said:

From when it was first released I also disagree; Prototype was never underrated in my eyes. In fact it was largely overrated. When I got around to playing it I still felt it was overrated. Same with the first few Assassin's Creed's.

However, Prototype 2? I actually liked that game, a lot, and that surprised me. Despite Mercer acting weirdly and the main character having little actual character I still greatly enjoyed it and it felt like a new game, completely shadowing the repetitive nonsense that is Prototype 1. The graphics are quite decent too. Just a shame there wasn't a third game which also had the same quality as the second.

All my friends at that time told me that the game sucked, and that is why it took me this long to get it and play it myself. I completely love the game, same with the second one, but I'm totaly sure that people used to underrate the game. Maybe it's popular now, but I remember that when I first saw it, people said it was bad. which I disagree with now.

Also, the first Assassins Screed was underrated? Didn't know that. The second one was a legendary experience in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

All my friends at that time told me that the game sucked, and that is why it took me this long to get it and play it myself. I completely love the game, same with the second one, but I'm totaly sure that people used to underrate the game. Maybe it's popular now, but I remember that when I first saw it, people said it was bad. which I disagree with now.

Also, the first Assassins Screed was underrated? Didn't know that. The second one was a legendary experience in my opinion.

It was hated because of the simulation part of the ending but never underrated.

Mace Griffith: Bounty Hunter

Pretty sure this one was underrated since everyone talked about Halo only during that time. Wish they made more sequels to it. It was very expertly done.

39 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Nah it wasn't really underrated in my opinion, at least I didn't get that impression when it first released, people still went on about it. Regarding AC I was saying it was also overrated. Also found the second to be the same but still a better experience. Disliked the main character too.

9 minutes ago, Naith said:

Nah it wasn't really underrated in my opinion, at least I didn't get that impression when it first released, people still went on about it. Regarding AC I was saying it was also overrated. Also found the second to be the same but still a better experience. Disliked the main character too.

You disliked Ezio? Dafuq?!

16 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

You disliked Ezio? Dafuq?!

Found him boring and his character was kinda meh to me. Plus I didn't like the voice acting/quality in AC2, which didn't help. Think it improved in ACB and ACR but I still wasn't a fan of him anyways.

Had to reply to this cause I haven't heard anyne mention Metal Fatigue in a very long time,  Awesome RTS that at the time was great, I actually have it installed on my PC now (I'm trying off and on to get it working using some interesting emulation software).  I never finish but found you could watch to cutsences on the disc anyway, it is a shame as the ending set up a sequel that would be interesting.  It's the best large scale Mecha RTS I've played (small scale goes to MechCommander).

For me (I may be showing a little bit of age here but my underrated very old game called K240 (amiga) or the upgraded edition Fragile Alliegence (PC).  Basally manage a base on a asteriod and try to beat the aliens like Simcity meets Master of Orion.  the UI was horrible until you got used to it.  For me it was fun to set up missile strike and overpowered fleets (custom spaceships to a degee).  you Also had to mine resources to sell as you we no great emperor or government.  You were basically a manager for a company, so to get the best gear you had to pay for it.  Also you could crash to bases into your enemies to destory them.  At the time it was for me a great game no-one else seemed to get.

On 3/26/2016 at 3:44 AM, Ibro156 said:

Warframe because IGN and GameStop gave it cr@pp review and AnrgyJoe didn't review it yet :/

Eh TB also likes Warframe, his wife Jenna had some fair gripes about the game. But I think his comments about warframe flying under the radar are very true. Other then that I don't care about Angry Joe I bet he would complain about the clan sizes too. 

On 4/4/2016 at 11:06 AM, LemonEnterprise said:

Spiral knight, was so fun back then till cosmetic ruins everything and no one is playing it now, but i go back there sometimes for the nostalgia.

Only played Spiral knight until I realized the stuff I had to pay for. Got turned off once I saw the effort I would need to be a F2P player. Have a clanmate who use to play frequently but I have now heard its quite dead and the devs aren't doing anything these days besides parading around with their exclusive gear???

ANYWAY My underrated game would be Tenchu Z, reviewers hated it but its such a gem. a shame most of the 50 levels are on a few maps but the gameplay is tight.