The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadow Stalker Immunity

(PSN)Crimson_Judgment

Well the Shadow Stalker Just Showed his ugly Mug while i happened to be using an Ember fire Damage Build

At a Measly level 30 This insanely Broken Enemy Design Could Recharge his Shields faster than i could Deal Damage

This Is absolutely absurd

Sentients themselves Are a bit more fair you know when you're fighting them and should come prepared

but the stalker just shows up randomly just to ruin your day

He's Still not Hard He's still not Scary He's just a Poorly Designed Bullet Sponge that can be immune to everything

My Madurai "10.000 DPS" Couldn't even Break his Shields

Could He/Sentients have their Immunity Be Reset after x duration Or After Hitting a Weak point Such As their Core/Pakal Chest Plate

Just a Way to Reset their Bogus Immunity Would Be nice

PS Please Disable Shadow Stalkers Prisms Ability to Damage Objectives a Prism on an Objective is Almost a Guaranteed Mission Fail

Edited by (PS4)Crimson_Judgment
Fixed error

That seems...odd. I've never had much problem with the Stalker. Even now, he goes down in a little over 20 shots from my Latron Prime. Granted it's absolutely maxed out, but there are many weapons capable of out DPSing it.

I've never seen his shields recharge AS I'm attacking him. The delay is pretty small, but as long as you keep the pressure up you'll whittle him down. I will agree that he shouldn't be able to damage objectives though, that's just a bit much.

I find the new version of stalker to be way to easy, he dies insanely fast even with his adaptation and he is way to easy to avoid. I am not saying the old one was more dangerous but even when i run in with leveling gear it all turns into a run around in a circle marathon as he is unable to hit you with anything as long as you keep moving. The only time for me when fighting him ended up in a failure is when i brought a frame and three weapons to level during a Survival and i run out of air while fighting him.

He need something so he can apply pressure while chasing you.

Edited by Hellmaker2004

I had problems at the beginning, when I didn't really know how to deal with him, but in the end he is not that difficult. I mean, he can kill you quickly if you don't watch out, but his attacks are quite easily avoidable. Just don't approach him or he'll stagger you to death. I didn't notice his shields recharging very quickly, though. But it's true that they will have the same resistances after they start regenerating (although I think it shouldn't be the case). Also, he can adapt only to four damage types at once. So if he adapted to all you three elemental damage types (if you use three different) and slash, he won't have any resistance to puncture and impact.

Perhaps i Should Clarify i was Using Literally nothing But Fire Damage twin Basolk Ignis Atomos and Ember

Every time He would enter an invulnerability phase IE Used an Ability

His shields would Begin to Recharge

I was doings so little Damage to Him that he would Recoup my Damage Invulnerability phase Rinse Repeat

Its a bit of a goof on My Part For messing around with such a loadout but i still feel that in similar cases it should at least be possible to Whittle him down at a reasonable Pace

(I think i could have killed him eventually But After 5+ Ammo restores and 15 minutes later i just called it quits)

You could just play hide 'n' seek until he gives up and goes home.

Shadow Stalker is helplessly slow and lazy (he tries to come off as intimidating, but you can tell he's not all that confident about his stride).

17 hours ago, (PS4)Crimson_Judgment said:

Well the Shadow Stalker Just Showed his ugly Mug while i happened to be using an Ember fire Damage Build

At a Measly level 30 This insanely Broken Enemy Design Could Recharge his Shields faster than i could Deal Damage

This Is absolutely absurd

Sentients themselves Are a bit more fair you know when you're fighting them and should come prepared

but the stalker just shows up randomly just to ruin your day

He's Still not Hard He's still not Scary He's just a Poorly Designed Bullet Sponge that can be immune to everything

My Madurai "10.000 DPS" Couldn't even Break his Shields

Could He/Sentients have their Immunity Be Reset after x duration Or After Hitting a Weak point Such As their Core/Pakal Chest Plate

Just a Way to Reset their Bogus Immunity Would Be nice

PS Please Disable Shadow Stalkers Prisms Ability to Damage Objectives a Prism on an Objective is Almost a Guaranteed Mission Fail

The stalker has already been nerfed. He doesn't need another one. I'm sorry but after his nerf, he has become very easy to kill. I have taken him down plenty of times solo and I've even done it with madurai. If yours is not doing sufficient damage, the only thing I can think is that you haven't leveled it up.

I met the Shadow Stalker 1v1 only twice, and every time he manages to drop down to some tiny enclosed hole (like those pools in orokin tower tileset) and then do nothing but spam those teleport pulls on me. Why the hell wont he crawl/teleport out and come at me instead, being stalker and all. At least manics can do it.

Yes, it's a terrible design choice on DE's part and they show no signs of fixing it. Either the white knights on PC don't have this issue, or they just enjoy saying everything is too easy. I haven't played the PC build yet, so I don't know. It's definitely an issue on consoles. It's kind of like the horrible design in sorties: you have to bring specific frames, with specific weapons, with specific mods. Basically, you have to know how to game the system. Bring the "wrong" weapon and you'll never kill him.

Considering I can literally kill him in the 14 rounds a Dex Sybaris offers me (using the generic crit build with 3 elementals and no argon scope or bladed rounds) without switching to any other weapons and without using any buffs to my own damage...

... yeah I still don't see why people keep talking about how this damage adaptation stuff is so hard to deal with. It barely affects anything.

Yep Shadow Stalker's immunity is really annoying, previous stalker was much easier to kill.

Alot of players seem to forget that when shadow stalker or Sentients spawns in a mission, the player(s) will be equipped to deal with the main enemy they are fighting on that mission whether it's Corpus, Grineer or Infested and NOT for the random chance that stalker might show up.

It seems to be that slow hard-hitting weapons do better than bullet hoses with stalker/sentients, however if your on a corpus mission you need the opposite to deal with nullifier bubbles.