Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe balance is terrible and DE is not doing enough.

tripletriple

I understand DE is busy but this is ridiculous. They need to have a balancing team.

We have warframes that are released and not looked back at for years!

Why can't we have small tweaks here and there?

Why is Oberon in the sad state he is? Why is Ne zha such a terrible warframe and nothing has been done? Even Ne zha doesn't know where he belongs.

We have warframes like Inaros that got nerfed , when he is literally just a worse version of every tank in the game.

We have to wait months for multiple re works for warframes and some, like Chroma have completely useless and unusable skills. Spectral scream anyone?

Why does Chroma's pelt cost 10 energy per second when excalibur Exalted blade cost 2.5 at base? Why does Ne Zha have a higher base energy cost for his fire feet over valkyrs invincibility.  

Wukong was supposed to get a buff for his sub par melee range but it was just dropped. Rebbeca talked about it months ago.

The Saryn feed back thread had over 100 pages and nothing has been done.

Limbo is crying for a rework! 

I'm sure white knights will come to defend the glaring issues, but I won't settle for mediocrity.

What is going on DE? You need to do something about this situation. Please fill us in! 

Do not let the balance of the game suffer like this. Hire a team, whatever needs to be done, do it!

Short Response: What.

Long Response: What

EDIT:

1. The reason Warframes are released and then reworks are delayed is because there's this phenomenon known as feedback. The Devs have to collect as much as they can. And not just on the forums. They have to get the opinions of the vocal people as well as the quiet people. AND THEN they have to balance community wants against what they personally feel is necessary.

2. When it comes to Warframes, people are all over the place. Some people like Oberon. Some don't. Some are in the middle of the road. Seriously, there's such a thing as silent majority.

3. Inaros was never nerfed, from what I remember. Not sure what you are getting at here. Also, subpar tank? For real, are we playing the same game?

4. Chroma? Completely useless skills? The only ability of his that really needs work is Spectral Scream. Not sure why you are talking like more than one of his abilities isn't good.

5. Just because the Devs don't talk about something doesn't mean they dropped it. Case in point: Focus.

6. It's almost as if Warframes have to be balanced differently based on community meta and a bunch of other factors.

7. Saryn, in my opinion, is just fine. But that's just my opinion. And once again, just because people want something on the forums doesn't mean they speak for the whole of the community. I've met tons of people in-game that love the rework, and know people on the forums that do as well. Upset people are more likely to be loud, while happy people are more likely to be silent and content.

8. Again, reworks take time. Feedback. Planning. Testing. This is how development works.

With Respect to snake this is a bad post. It boggles my mind how it got upvotes.

1.  Feedback is understandable but, some frames are left the same with glaring issues for years! This is damage control at it's finest. There is feedback everywhere for frames like limbo, numbers and stats galore, but DE has done nothing yet.

2. Peoples opinions are irrelevant when it comes to stats and comparing frames? Oberon cannot out support a trinity. This is a fact. That is why De is reworking frames, because they are lacking. What was the point of this?

3. When it comes to his ability to soak damage he is one of the worst. There are frames like Valkyr that can take zero damage at all. Wukong essentially has infinite lives. Trinity psuedo invincibility for the whole team.

4. His ultimate is 10 energy per/second and nerfs his armor for almost no damage and very little cc. Do you play Chroma?

5. Damage control again. it's not okay to not communicate with your fan base and leave us hanging for long periods of time about basic balance issues.

6. Again, this does not excuse the lack of balancing/extreme amounts of time we are leaving giant and blatantly unbalanced issues left unattended.

7.  Saryn is not just fine, that is a gigantic lie, her spores are amazing. They are so good that the rest of her kit could be random skills. 

8. Time is acceptable, what is not acceptable is completely leaving it the same way for over 6 months- 1 year or more! 

This post is an example of accepting mediocrity. When we should speak out. If you upvoted this, understand you are protecting bad practices. 

Edited by tripletriple

Long Response: What

EDIT:

1. The reason Warframes are released and then reworks are delayed is because there's this phenomenon known as feedback. The Devs have to collect as much as they can. And not just on the forums. They have to get the opinions of the vocal people as well as the quiet people. AND THEN they have to balance community wants against what they personally feel is necessary.

2. When it comes to Warframes, people are all over the place. Some people like Oberon. Some don't. Some are in the middle of the road. Seriously, there's such a thing as silent majority.

3. Inaros was never nerfed, from what I remember. Not sure what you are getting at here. Also, subpar tank? For real, are we playing the same game?

4. Chroma? Completely useless skills? The only ability of his that really needs work is Spectral Scream. Not sure why you are talking like more than one of his abilities isn't good.

5. Just because the Devs don't talk about something doesn't mean they dropped it. Case in point: Focus.

6. It's almost as if Warframes have to be balanced differently based on community meta and a bunch of other factors.

7. Saryn, in my opinion, is just fine. But that's just my opinion. And once again, just because people want something on the forums doesn't mean they speak for the whole of the community. I've met tons of people in-game that love the rework, and know people on the forums that do as well. Upset people are more likely to be loud, while happy people are more likely to be silent and content.

8. Again, reworks take time. Feedback. Planning. Testing. This is how development works.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Just now, Inzyr said:

Yeah, aren't you upset you paid all this money for a game where...oh wait...

1st

Not sure what you mean by this and why you only have one post on your account. 

But if you are implying that this game is free to play and that you don't have to pay then you are living in a dream world. 

You have to pay for warframe or else the game will shut down and as a founder who invested and is still investing money into the game, I think I deserve an answer.

Just now, Inzyr said:

1st

This game being free doesn't give any sort of excuse for DE not to balance the game.

To OP, balance needs to take time and effort to correctly do that one frame justice. It takes one-two months to fully rework a frame, like Frost and excal, and right now they are reworking Mag to make her more viable.

All this is part of how DE works now, release on frame ASAP without much thought, then later down the line rework them.

Just now, tripletriple said:

But if you are implying that this game is free to play and that you don't have to pay then you are living in a dream world. 

You have to pay for warframe or else the game will shut down and as a founder who invested and is still investing money into the game, I think I deserve an answer.

Okay. This response needs me to be serious now. "You have to pay". Are we playing the same game? You can literally go the whole game and not have to pay a single time.

1 minute ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Okay. This response needs me to be serious now. "You have to pay". Are we playing the same game? You can literally go the whole game and not have to pay a single time.

Let's assume that the entire player base doesn't pay a dime. How long do you think warframe will last?

Yeah, I thought so.

While i understand you about the balance aspect, being a founder though won't give you any more rights than a non-founder except for having access to the design council. So you deserve or don't deserve an answer just as much as we do.

2 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Long Response: What.

It wasn't that hard to understand..

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

While i understand you about the balance aspect, being a founder though won't give you any more rights than a non-founder except for having access to the design council. So you deserve or don't deserve an answer just as much as we do.

It wasn't that hard to understand..

You are definitely right about equal rights. I didn't mean that I was better than anyone for being a founder. Just that being a founder means you payed to help keep warframe off its feet. It signifies the importance of paying. That's all.

I have only one post on my account because I've only made one post. That's how it works. It's a counter; google it.

Maybe my dreamworld is different than yours, but the only time I pay for Warframe is when I choose to. What I mean by all this is that you're kicking out of lot of heat for a free-to-play game. Why not post suggestions for the problems you've mentioned instead of just stating what people already know?

Balance is an imaginist illusion of an utopian world. Sadly this never works, nothing in nature is ever entirely equal to everything. There need to be differences for an ecosystem to work. 

That aside, DE also has to deal with many more requests: the quota of new frames which need to be released, the new quests which were waiting for and bugs which need to be fixed are just some of them. 

If it was only you and your request I would have given you right to complain, but it's not only you. So it's good to express your concern, but it's not like DE has nothing to do

10 minutes ago, Inzyr said:

1st

That doesn't count as an excuse when you have a fully operating store. Double when they charge 40 plat for a focus system that can be reworked and has been reworked in regards to how you make focus and the like. 

18 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

Why is Ne zha such a terrible warframe and nothing has been done? Even Ne zha doesn't know where he belongs.

Nezha is amazing. Just because you don't know how to build a frame doesn't mean they aren't good.

How was Inaros nerfed??? 

I read all the patch notes and the only significant change I remember was them allowing Provoked to affect his passive... not sure how that's a nerf. Unless there is something really big I missed in the patch notes... 

Edited by Tesseract7777

1 minute ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

That doesn't count as an excuse when you have a fully operating store. Double when they charge 40 plat for a focus system that can be reworked and has been reworked in regards to how you make focus and the like. 

Even when using the focus system doesn't actually cost plat unless you want to shortcut to a greater lens? Really, the only thing real money gets you are shortcuts. You can otherwise access all content for free + time. 

24 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

Why does Chroma's pelt cost 10 energy per second when excalibur Exalted blade cost 2.5 at base? Why does Ne Zha have a higher base energy cost for his fire feet over valkyrs invincibility.

Mesa's Peacemaker is 15 energy / sec (sad but True)

8 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

Balance is an imaginist illusion of an utopian world. Sadly this never works, nothing in nature is ever entirely equal to everything. There need to be differences for an ecosystem to work. 

That aside, DE also has to deal with many more requests: the quota of new frames which need to be released, the new quests which were waiting for and bugs which need to be fixed are just some of them. 

If it was only you and your request I would have given you right to complain, but it's not only you. So it's good to express your concern, but it's not like DE has nothing to do

This is true and I agree, with this quote. Although though nature, the Universe or whatever strives for balance(entropy) but differences is needed for it to work.

But I agree that they should work more on balance with different weapons, warframes etc, keep in mind though they have talked about damage 3.0 and  "We're always looking to improve synergy and end game viability on Warframe Abilities, and we've already made a few big changes to help some Warframes scale better against high level enemies. Players can expect to see more changes to help bring up all Warframes to the same level, and we'll make sure to let you know who we have in mind as these improvements continue to roll out.(https://warframe.com/news/devstream-69-overview)"

2 minutes ago, Inzyr said:

Even when using the focus system doesn't actually cost plat unless you want to shortcut to a greater lens? Really, the only thing real money gets you are shortcuts. You can otherwise access all content for free + time. 

A rather appealing shortcut as a greater lens costs you 4 of a specific lens you can only farm from a sortie do you're likely trading/spending plat for them anyway. It also costs an argon crystal, a resource that evaporates and a forma.