Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any tips on building Oberon?

NightmareT12

Question

Basically, I played a bunch of Oberon when he came out back in U11.5, as I fell in love with the whole concept of Paladin-druid-goat-deer knight. Picking him back after a lot of time thanks to the skin, I find myself scratching my head as I can't find a suitable build for him.

I've seen people post range/duration builds, then other people saying that it's better to focus on Power Strength... And basically I can't seem to find a consensus around the frame (unlike Saryn, where I've seen people talking about preferred builds instead of just going "this is no good").

So... any tips?

7 answers to this question

I personally just build him to spam his 1 like crazy. IMO it's his only "good" skill. It works like a mini localized chaos and weakens enemies to boot- cheap cast, and even knocks down the enemy you aim it at, so it's just good in any situation. Hallowed ground is too situational and basically anchors you down to one spot- which is very anti-my-playstyle so I'm not a big fan. Renewal just needs tweaks and buffs so bad to be functional at all. Reckoning is decent as well but again just isn't that great later game.

TL;DR I build solely for his 1- meaning efficiency and a bit of range. Duration and strength are at normal- might throw in an intensify later on. I also use rage to allow my renewal to kinda feed into myself if I pay attention and use it somewhere safe occasionally.

FWIW, I don't put too much importance on Duration - I don't really have room for Augments,
Hallowed Ground isn't exactly amazing and I find (near max) Efficiency more useful for Renewal / in general.
(And it doesn't affect Radiation procs.)

Strength I like to have at least at +25% (after possible Overextended shenanigans),
though the more the merrier not least in regards to number of Smite projectiles created.

Range is somewhat of a problem, just Stretch works fine for Smite
but both Hallowed Ground and Reckoning have pretty tiny default AoEs
so, while not necessary, adding Overextended (maxed or at least R2) can make a big difference.

Rage + Primed Flow + Quick Thinking can allow you to take a few more hits / heal "for free"
though I generally prefer to lock down enemies with Smite snipes and Reckoning slams to avoid getting hurt.

Thanks for the answers guys. I think I've found something that's allowing me to run much, much better than before:

z6J4ZhN.jpg

Enough Efficiency to spam till the end of times, Primed Continuity to make the abilities not suffer too much, so Renewal and Hallowed Ground are not 100% useless, a tiny bit of Power Strength and Quick Thinking and Rage allow to stay in the fight long enough to gain more energy to recast Renewal to regain more energy :P

Pretty happy right now ^^

Thers only 2 way go build him in my oppinion..

Max range, full effect. This playstyle supports gunplay, you use his radiation, cc and protection

Or strength, +range not max, rage and hallowed reckoning.. he has kinda bad stats but this playstyle is using the numeric armor buff from the augument to keep you substained in melee range.

Don't expect wonders tho.

Dont expect to take oberon into lv 45ish+ content. He just cant tank the damage and he cant cc well enough to mitigate it. His aguments are not all that stellar either. He is however excellent at nuking low level content. You can build for strength/efficiency if spamming his 1 or range/efficiency>strength if spamming his 4 with an occasional heal. Vitality and rage should definitely be used as he is both rather squishy and has a heal so you get free energy all the time. Im not sure if steel fiber is worth the slot. I also like to bring smite infusion since his 1 is both cheap and hitscan although I am not sure how much of a damage boost allies actually get.

Edited by ADirtyMonk