Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bursa spawning needs a rework or removal from sortie.

JeyJ13

The first sortie mission is insanely hard, especially for being the first mission. Europa Interception was always the more difficult corpus interception, but this sortie mission was insane. 8 Bursas on the map at once, all knocking everyone down and blinding people. It started as 3 bursas right at the start of wave 2 showing up at point B, and then 2 followed from point A when they followed the guy that came to help me, but it ended up as 8.

8 Bursas. Abilities were gone and three of us died because we couldn't get away. I realize completely that bursas  AND sortie are supposed to be challenging or even the most difficult, but this is just stupid. It simply isn't possible to take on that many at a single time, especially with the energy reduction.

For any corpus interception, kill all of the humanoid enemies, and kill humanoid enemies only. Robots cannot capture points, so once the spawn cap is filled with only bots, you can just AFK for the rest of the round.

Also, an invis loki with a shotgun can deal with an infinite amount of bursas in an energy reduction sortie.

8 hours ago, torint_man said:

For any corpus interception, kill all of the humanoid enemies, and kill humanoid enemies only. Robots cannot capture points, so once the spawn cap is filled with only bots, you can just AFK for the rest of the round.

I've seen moas use the capture point terminals, so that advice doesn't help at all. Unless I've missed some patch notes that stated that moas can't hack anymore, I will assume that they still can.

As for loki with a shotgun, that wouldn't have worked too well in this case. 3 or 4 of the bursas were just knocking people off of thier feet and a pair of isolators spamming thier bubbles everywhere, so loki with a shotgun would still not have worked too well. I don't even know why the bursas went wild spamming abilities like that either, but a few of the busas had isolator bubbles stuck to them.

clannie and i had some difficulties with first mission too - 1st being horrible broken map x_x (i'm sorry but i just can't stand that literal trash tileset), and 2nd being so many bursas spawning at first wave. at least 6 of them, if not more by the end of the round, piling up on us at the same time, along with other mobs of course. still doable but we each went down once or twice. never had so much problems with bursas, even with 3rd sortie mission levels before. 

i would just like to know the logic behind their spawn, because in 2nd and 3rd wave of interception we got maybe 1-2 per wave, but first round really made us wonder 'are we even gonna make it, this is ridiculous'

Please don't nerf Bursas even more... They made 1st mission of sortie at least somewhat hard and interesting. And still you can kill them quite fast with bullet attractor (and I'm sure there are other skills that work great against them). So it's not really that bad to change anything. They are quite weak now, no wonder they spawn more

Bigger squad = more enemies, so yes, of course you'll have more than 1 bursa.

I solo'd the Interception with a Loki and a Sonicor to throw away all those that would capture.

The only thing I could say that could have a fix is that when finishing rounds the Bursa were the only ones that didn't disappear, carrying over until the last wave where I ended up with 4. I didn't go full efficiency so I could bring as much duration as I could but didn't even use many restores, just 3 and 1 of those was used just because I did something stupid. I simply kept invisible as much as possible while I was on sight and decoy'd them into the middle so I could capture safely.

12 hours ago, JeyJ13 said:

8 Bursas. Abilities were gone and three of us died because we couldn't get away. I realize completely that bursas  AND sortie are supposed to be challenging or even the most difficult, but this is just stupid. It simply isn't possible to take on that many at a single time, especially with the energy reduction.

You can at least waypoint 4 of them (1 waypoint per squad mate) so make use of it and make sure you keep your distance. It's an interception, it's strategy, not a kill everything on sight so they don't hack back (Yes, it can be a strategy but it's not a very effective one since you don't know which enemy will pop up next). You should have brought either a frame that can kill them easily (Ash BS, Trin EV, Valkyr, etc.) or CC them (Excal / Mirage Blind, Banshee, etc.). This is to not venture into weapons, any high slash proc can deal with them easily (My Nikana Prime does wonders on them).

TL;DR: Think outside the box, strategy matters and you're not supposed to be always in an all-out war. Take cover, stay away, control them, don't let them control you.

On 4/2/2016 at 5:59 AM, JeyJ13 said:

I've seen moas use the capture point terminals, so that advice doesn't help at all. Unless I've missed some patch notes that stated that moas can't hack anymore, I will assume that they still can.

As for loki with a shotgun, that wouldn't have worked too well in this case. 3 or 4 of the bursas were just knocking people off of thier feet and a pair of isolators spamming thier bubbles everywhere, so loki with a shotgun would still not have worked too well. I don't even know why the bursas went wild spamming abilities like that either, but a few of the busas had isolator bubbles stuck to them.

Moa's have never been able to actually capture a point. Sometimes, they will approach the console, and the point's light will flash, but its not actually getting captured. It would only be getting captured if the letter of the point in the top left of your HUD is blinking.

2 hours ago, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

I don't know about purely corpus sorties, but in the Void Towers, moas absolutely could both activate AND cap consoles.  Not sure if they still can, but they definitely could.  Heck, even seen drones cap them at one point (although I'm pretty sure THAT got patched out...).

On pc? On ps4 not only ospreys can capture points, they can start capture and fly away. And still capture. This makes ps4 corpus sortie interception nigh unplayable mess where you forced to break enemy AI completely with constant mirage blind and nova m prime, otherwise points will keep getting captured by ospreys that are nowhere to be seen and found.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

On pc? On ps4 not only ospreys can capture points, they can start capture and fly away. And still capture. This makes ps4 corpus sortie interception nigh unplayable mess where you forced to break enemy AI completely with constant mirage blind and nova m prime, otherwise points will keep getting captured by ospreys that are nowhere to be seen and found.

Sounds like a bug. Only Crew Men are suppose to do that.

5 hours ago, TheJagji said:

Sounds like a bug. Only Crew Men are suppose to do that.

On ps4 everyone does that. Ospreys are worst, since they start capturing and fly away, yet point still getting captured unless you kill osprey in time. And if it's guardian eximus that can be hard. If only crewmen could capture corpus interception wouldn't be half unplayable S#&$show it is now. On ps4 anyway. 

• 3 weeks later...

While I do beleive Bursas should not be nerfed or removed from sorties.. I agree there should be some changes concerning them.

They should definately be added to "Interception - these enemies need to be killed before next round can start" quota. Not just interception either.

They should at least slightly cap the number that can spawn in certain missions. I did a corpus intercept sortie today and, i kid you not (wish i coulda screen capped it), by the end of the 3rd round there was about 20 bursas surrounding me.. give or take 1 or 2. And while i think its pointless to complain about several bursas in a sortie.. i must say 20 at once is a bit much.

So, in short: dont remove them, dont nerf them.. but more regulation into spawn rates and such.

..thats my opinion. Thanks

i would like to know why in interception they spawn 5+ all at once right from start but in other 'endless' missions they usually wait practically til the end to spawn maybe 1-2, if they spawn at all?

is there any logic to it? i get that in endless missions they can't really follow the 'trigger the alarms, attract bursa' mechanic, but why, for example, survival only spawns 1 at 10-15 mins, defense 1-2 at wave 15? (<-my exp with them so far)

why is interception such a mess? especially europa map. 

On April 2, 2016 at 0:14 PM, Hesyol said:

Please don't nerf Bursas even more... They made 1st mission of sortie at least somewhat hard and interesting. And still you can kill them quite fast with bullet attractor (and I'm sure there are other skills that work great against them). So it's not really that bad to change anything. They are quite weak now, no wonder they spawn more

It's not nerfing bursas, it's nerfing how many you have to deal with at a time.