Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Weapons/Frames Start with Full Mod Capacity, I'd be Happy to Leave Draco

ssh83

If you think about it.   Draco is the most RESPECTFUL way to level your gear without being a burden to your fellow squad members in a real mission.  If we bring unranked weapons into a sortie...  we'd still be leeching, but in a very disrespectful, negative way. 

But the real root of the issue is the way mod capacity works.  If all weapons get full capacity since the start, they will be more realistically usable.  I can pull my weight in the fights while ranking the stuff up for Mastery or to install the next forma.  It does NOT reduce the amount of time I spend playing.  Rather, it will INCREASE the amount of time I spend playing because I will be leveling each weapon naturally over multiple missions (not a single Draco).

I will enjoy it more because the Focus system only fixed the "wasted affinity" problem with the few weapons we put a lens on.  If a weapons gets full capacity while leveling, I can bring a new weapon into normal missions without becoming a leech, and without feeling like I'm wasting affinity.  It's a win-win.  

7 minutes ago, (PS4)urkonse said:

why does ppl argue about draco...i have never needed it to lvl up as imo it has bad xp compared to void or dsd/s/e

Draco, especially if you bring one weapon, will give you a fully Maxed weapon in one go.

Void will take much, much longer and at least two keys in comparison.

If weapons start with full capacity what would be the point of leveling anything (outside of mastery). Would it be so you can put in forma? 

The way the leveling system is currently designed you have to work to be able to put on those new mods and being able to put everything on at once would not only be a tad bit overpowered but also ruin the experience. At least in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Well, I mean, wouldn't that just bring the whole "unable to obtain Mastery Rank" problem even further into the spotlight? To add to that, it seems like it would ruin most of the feeling of progression we have in the game.

You'd still obtain levels and re-level after forma. What they're saying is give us usable frames and weapons so levelling becomes less a necessary grind and more organic. It keeps the entire system intact as well.

I agree OP. Sounds like a win-win to me! It wouldn't kill draco but would make it less necessary.

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

3 minutes ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

You'd still obtain levels and re-level after forma. What they're saying is give us usable frames and weapons so levelling becomes less a necessary grind and more organic. It keeps the entire system intact as well.

I agree OP. Sounds like a win-win to me!

Eh, I guess I'm just not entirely sold on the whole idea as of yet, but I can see how it would help high-level players when it comes to tediously leveling stuff in Draco.

I guess I'd just prefer more options, in comparison to Draco, then to just do that. It just feels ... too easy for my tastes. Although, I could totally see the system working if it were balanced well enough between newer players and older players. As to be honest, including this system wouldn't give newer players a big enough reason to explore the star chart.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

If weapon level doesn't mean anything, why even have it?

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Draco, especially if you bring one weapon, will give you a fully Maxed weapon in one go.

Void will take much, much longer and at least two keys in comparison.

I can max out my stuff in a T1D in one go, in about the same amount of time it would take in Draco. There will always be a loot or xp cave in this kind of game, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Even so I don't see why it's a problem, there are plenty of viable alternatives. No one is being forced to go there.

If weapons start with full capacity what would be the incentive to level them up? Not everyone cares about mastery rank.

1 minute ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

You'd still obtain levels and re-level after forma.

That makes the whole concept that OP was proposing redundant.

3 minutes ago, DeadSirius said:

If weapon level doesn't mean anything, why even have it?

I can max out my stuff in a T1D in one go, in about the same amount of time it would take in Draco. There will always be a loot or xp cave in this kind of game, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Even so I don't see why it's a problem, there are plenty of viable alternatives. No one is being forced to go there.

If weapons start with full capacity what would be the incentive to level them up? Not everyone cares about mastery rank.

That makes the whole concept that OP was proposing redundant.

While I'm not going to go as far as calling you a liar, are you sure JUST a Tier 1 Defense with a level 0 weapon doesn't take as much time as Draco? As to be quite honest, that seems a little hard to believe. As essentially one go in Defense is 5 waves.

As for the weapon idea, I agree, yet I think the OP is thinking about making weapons like that for higher-level players, not everyone. As to how such a system could work is beyond me, however. Although, knowing me, I'm possibly just not understanding what everyone's trying to say.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

While I'm not going to go as far as calling you a liar, are you sure JUST a Tier 1 Defense with a level 0 weapon doesn't take as much time as Draco? As to be quite honest, that seems a little hard to believe. As essentially one go in Defense is 5 waves.

One 'go' refers to how many times you go there, ie keys used. I usually go at least 50 waves before people get bored. It depends on how quickly you go through the waves, how well modded your weapon is doesn't matter if you're not using it.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

As for the weapon idea, I agree, yet I think the OP is thinking about making weapons like that for higher-level players, not everyone. As to how such a system could work is beyond me, however. Although, knowing me, I'm possibly just not understanding what everyone's trying to say.

I consider myself a "higher-level player", and I think it's stupid. I fail to see the purpose or how it would improve the current system. People who cry about things they don't have to use and aren't even effected by just don't make sense to me.

2 minutes ago, DeadSirius said:

One 'go' refers to how many times you go there, ie keys used. I usually go at least 50 waves before people get bored. It depends on how quickly you go through the waves, how well modded your weapon is doesn't matter if you're not using it.

I consider myself a "higher-level player", and I think it's stupid. I fail to see the purpose or how it would improve the current system. People who cry about things they don't have to use and aren't even effected by just don't make sense to me.

Ah, very true, I suppose it would be safe to assume you're using a Warframe or Weapon with a heavy amount of clear, like the Ignis or Amprex? Although, I still don't get how that's faster than Draco, but hey, we all have our own ways and preferences, so I won't argue you're reasons for doing so. You do you, and I'll do me, so to speak.

While I suppose I'm in the same boat, I just don't like the idea either. I'd rather their just be more options akin to Draco, if it's so much of a problem. I'm honestly content with Draco and Void Runs for now, but I could definitely see how other players are getting sick of our current options.

The point of an MMO is to level up, so you keep playing. Why would they give you an item that's maxed but when you level up nothing increases. FYI Draco isn't a problem. You just see it as a problem, because you think it's the only method to farm exp.

Just now, Husla said:

The point of an MMO is to level up, so you keep playing. Why would they give you an item that's maxed but when you level up nothing increases. FYI Draco isn't a problem. You just see it as a problem, because you think it's the only method to farm exp.

Very wise words from a very wise individual. Well said.

3 minutes ago, DeadSirius said:

I fail to see the purpose or how it would improve the current system. People who cry about things they don't have to use and aren't even effected by just don't make sense to me.

Draco makes leveling gear trivial. Trivial things are unimportant, negligible, et cetera by definition. If DE is tacitly at peace with Draco ("there will always be a loot cave", so on and so forth), then why do we even need to go through the motions in the first place?

I think that's the crux of the argument, and while there's certainly room for debate, it does at least warrant some discussion.

I just do a few Spy runs (like 3) and my gear is fine again (I can level it from level 20 without becoming a burden). And if you level a weapon you can bring another weapon that you already maxed to a mission. Draco is just a lazy way to level weapons

Draco isn't a problem. I've run Draco when I got sick of leveling up my weapon after the 6th Forma, same for some Warframes.

Let's face it, it's the easiest (sometimes) most reliable method of farming XP, it helps you trash those mastery fodder weapons faster so you can focus on the weapons you care about enough to invest into them.

Never bothered with Draco personally as I've never had an issue leveling weapons or frames. "To each, their own," Is my philosophy to gaming, as everyone is free to choose the way they progress. For the many others, Draco isn't a 'problem' other than clogging up the forums with people talking about it. It shows that more people think there is a problem without realizing the other methods of leveling. 

I've only tried it a few times, but a friend of mine levels weapons and frames just stealthing missions. The affinity gets up there pretty quick if you know what you're doing. 

1 minute ago, Inertzia said:

I just do a few Spy runs (like 3) and my gear is fine again (I can level it from level 20 without becoming a burden). And if you level a weapon you can bring another weapon that you already maxed to a mission. Draco is just a lazy way to level weapons

I'd have to agree, I love Spy Missions the most when it comes to Warframe's gamemodes so far, well, aside from Holiday events and Dojo Melee fights.

Which do you prefer to do, out of all of them? I find both Grineer and Corpus missions quite fun, and quite easy to do, yet I still prefer the Grineer Spy mission simply due to me always spawning the Lanx, then killing it to respawn it as Nekros for some stupid amount of fun on my end.

1 minute ago, PurpleBomber said:

Draco makes leveling gear trivial. Trivial things are unimportant, negligible, et cetera by definition. If DE is tacitly at peace with Draco ("there will always be a loot cave", so on and so forth), then why do we even need to go through the motions in the first place?

I think that's the crux of the argument, and while there's certainly room for debate, it does at least warrant some discussion.

There's always room for debate in every discussion, which is always a good thing. Although debates themselves are only helpful when they bring up good ideas. Personally, I just want more options besides the few we have when it comes to leveling weapons, yet I suppose that's just me.

Just now, (XB1)Graysmog said:

I'd have to agree, I love Spy Missions the most when it comes to Warframe's gamemodes so far, well, aside from Holiday events and Dojo Melee fights.

Which do you prefer to do, out of all of them? I find both Grineer and Corpus missions quite fun, and quite easy to do, yet I still prefer the Grineer Spy mission simply due to me always spawning the Lanx, then killing it to respawn it as Nekros for some stupid amount of fun on my end.

There's always room for debate in every discussion, which is always a good thing. Although debates themselves are only helpful when they bring up good ideas. Personally, I just want more options besides the few we have when it comes to leveling weapons, yet I suppose that's just me.

I to do the Corpus missions more because they seem to be faster for me and the hacking isn't so annoying

1 minute ago, V45H said:

damage update for weapons scaling with the weapons level AND new the start charts probably gonna do away with the dedicated draco farm so......

How so? You still need to level up the weapons to get that kind of damage, and Draco, among a few other lessly known options, is the best way to do so. It'll most likely help the leveling system further if such a thing was implemented, allowing users to just bring a singular weapon much more often as it will scale pretty well against enemies.

Just now, (XB1)Graysmog said:

How so? You still need to level up the weapons to get that kind of damage, and Draco, among a few other lessly known options, is the best way to do so. It'll most likely help the leveling system further if such a thing was implemented, allowing users to just bring a singular weapon much more often as it will scale pretty well against enemies.

what im saying is the suggested idea wouldnt fix the problem only make more