The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Toxic behaviour of a large number of Forum Members and Why i wont be Returning

IRVoidGuru

32 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Thoughtful discussion can't be gained by creating meta-complaing or rant posts.

I have one counter-example.  One of the Guides of the Lotus calls this specific subforum cancer.  It actively damages the game in the sense that people whining against nerfs has led to the game being ridiculously easy.

If you look at the first page, the best suggestions aren't on there.  They weren't commented on in the last few hours.  They probably weren't commented on in the last 6 months.

So at best, this subforum strongly encourages mediocre reinventing-the-wheel suggestions.  I posted earlier about how people argue against even good suggestions for illegitimate reasons.  The feedback forums need an overhaul.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

i can admit iv spent less then a week here and it was nothing but bad until literally this post. if that in itself isn't bad enough

I'd suggest checking out Fan Concepts, Off Topic, Fan Art but try to stay away from General Discussion. 

Players Helping Players might be a good place to lurk, just to get a bit more info. 

3 minutes ago, Leo17453 said:

Yeah... I decided to replace it with what's in there now instead.

and it got deleted outright before I could go and edit it again

the point being is that you wanted to do it in the first place . this is why this post exists

4 minutes ago, Fifield said:

I have one counter-example.  One of the Guides of the Lotus calls this specific subforum cancer.  It actively damages the game in the sense that people whining against nerfs has led to the game being ridiculously easy.

If you look at the first page, the best suggestions aren't on there.  They weren't commented on in the last few hours.  They probably weren't commented on in the last 6 months.

So at best, this subforum strongly encourages mediocre reinventing-the-wheel suggestions.  I posted earlier about how people argue against even good suggestions for illegitimate reasons.  The feedback forums need an overhaul.

Thank You 0_o

4 minutes ago, Fifield said:

First of all you decide to argue your statement with the argument of authority. This is an argument which cannot be seen as valid in any discussion. So what someone said it, so what he's a GOTL?

Secondly, this discussion has been going on for ages and will continue on for ages, but for now this isn't the right place for it. This thread was orginally made to be discussion the way OP felt about the community and his views upon it.

Now take your nerfialism to your designated threads and don't go adding more to what has become a wasteland of posts

8 minutes ago, Fifield said:

I bet people got their reasons for that. Once again, everyone has their own opinions. And in an arena (forums) where people enter the battle (argumentation) fighting or teaming up against each other is not everyone's flavour. 

8 minutes ago, Fifield said:

You mean the best suggestions in your opinion. What you might call the best suggestions, someone else considers them the worst. Making suggestions is cool but imo the argumentationing between who is right and who is not is just unnecessary and will lead to toxicity. Votings should happen at some point connectiong to the suggestions. And DE will ofc will be the last one to decide what's to happen.

Edited by IceColdHawk

"Arugmentationing"  That is...simply beautiful.

I think the Feedback sub-forum needs some kind of mandatory search before posting a topic. 

-Is it about Subject X? There's a thread for that, please post here; *insert link*

-Is this about a recent weapon rework?  Please select weapon; there's a thread for that, please post here; *insert link*

i can say for sure this post was a good idea , even though misguided on my part i got feedback that was necessary for me to see a different side of our community on the forum and this has led me to reconsider coming back here ( after several months ) and attempting posting good ideas again. coming here was something i did waiting for the update on console and my opening opinion of the forums from my direct responses from the players gave me a false sense of our community .

My final thoughts on this was I was Wrong . and more research must be done , all though My Point Still Stands . this Forum needs cleaned up and to be directed to more friendly and helpful ideas instead of meaningless video posts and pics or gifs . stay on topic is in the guidelines and is ignored repeatedly . Thank All of you for your Feedback ( if you gave feedback and were not 1 of the at least 6 examples of meaningless unnecessary posts) and for those who were kind don't let this place change you

Edited by (PS4)IrSchm33

15 hours ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

Iv made very little posts on here as i am kinda happy with the game as it is . Through the course of my time on here id found that a large number of players here only care if there ideas are implemented and could care less about what others are saying . Cropping up arguments, misunderstandings, insults. Leaving players who actually want to stay on subject behind.

Nothing here is a conversation its always a debate. players literally post that they want you to knock out a previous idea before coming up with a new 1. players wont validate even slightly reasonable thinking without some sort of long unnecessary back and forth, and not a single Forum Admin Actually cares about the posts that have Nothing to do with the Subject at hand. Ideas are being over looked , Ignored and there is no direct way of contacting DE about the Forum Itself being the issue. well i may even have it wrong there .  maybe the problem is the consistent lack of care about game progression and subject management from both the players and the Forum admins!.

Any Differing opinions get ridiculed instead of considered, and having a differing opinion forces people to either ignore the subject or get into long posts leading off the original subject in the first place. There is no order and posts are thrown around about anything. If i were any member of DE looking at this forum id be able to take consideration of maybe 5 percent of the posts between each subject. Taking some of the other ideas would ruin the game slowly but surly , and other things posted are simply not part of the subject at all and offer no help. People lash out when you take away their vested interests, or ruin their vested interests by completely changing everything about them.

Thanks to these forums nothing can stay nice.I am not saying no good has come of it but recently iv seen Nothing but Cry posts about Weapons are too OP . power creep is bad , cant gain any more power!. with no real backing too them other then they are not having fun because someone else is using it .  "power- creep " as people call it is the natural evolution of any game . in what MMO game that u play, is constant progression in power a bad thing? if we always stay only strong enough to kill the Same old enemies , same levels , same survival times, in short no "power creep " and the game will die !. progression in a game is necessary for that game to continue, telling DE its alright to stay at the Same level of power that weapons have now is like telling them " its alright, the weapon base of the game doesn't need to be any better !. Witch is false

The Ultimate answer to the problems of those who don't like OP anything . Or Power Progression ( power -Creep as misguided people call it ). Its as simple as DO NOT USE IT! its shocking to hear i know but, did Players know that the game can have things in it that they personally don't like but another player might?. it may be unheard of but if players happen to not like an aspect of the game . Don't Play with it ! but forcing your dislikes on other people because they get things done easier then you is going to make a section of the player base lose there vested interests . and in such events as DE ruins our items id normally advocate staying it through and wait for the next change. but more recently after dealing with these forums id suggest finding your next favorite game and playing it out until the next change.

My Final point of all of this. A large number of the Player base here has a 1 track mind and a large number of players who are perfectly fine with the game are being ignored and unheard.people who come to forums are people with a Large Amount of time in the game and Nothing to do , or people who are completely Unhappy with the game and want to complain about it . If u want a better opinion of what the community is thinking then things like Undercover boss, and more interactions like it need to be made Directly to the Server ! use info from Guides of the Lotus , have them ask General Question to players about how they have enjoyed your game . Get Feedback From People Off the Forum ! or , Make the Forum More Appealing to players who have only good ideas to add and no complaints to be made. as it stands for a player like me who Enjoys the game. and takes it at face value for what it is , with only ideas on progression not changing whats already here, the forum as it is doesn't seem to be built for my kind of player.

Please fix these issues

How to fix people? Screwdriver into the brain I tell ya! Thats the only way to make them obey.

Sorry to hear that you have not had a satisfactory experience on the forums.

Although we have rules set in place to help maintain civility and respectful behavior (and a report button for reporting posts or users who fail to adhere to said rules), we also strive to keep the forums as inclusive as possible both to users, their ideas and criticisms. 

Like with any public forum, posting one's ideas means opening yourself to others' ideas, opinions and thoughts that either align or diverge from your own. Not everyone will agree, and forum users should prepare themselves for criticism of their ideas. Just because someone disagrees with your ideas or way of thinking doesn't mean they are being toxic. Toxicity is not an inherent part of disagreement nor is it necessary (or even beneficial) to debates. And if a user cannot handle others disagreeing with them, then a public forum is probably not the best place for them.

Instead of a metacomplaint, it would have been much more helpful if you report players acting in a toxic and disrespectful manner so that we (the forum moderators) can investigate and intervene if necessary. Contacting the moderators is a very simple issue; for reporting rule violations there's the report button on posts, and for all other issues we can easily be contacted through a private message.

I'm going to be locking this thread now and performing a bit of clean up.

Hey Tenno, just following up on what Letter13 posted above ^

It is pretty disheartening to see insulting remarks being posted as a response to a concern over toxicity. While you may disagree with the OP there is never good reason to go straight for the neck. While toxic behavior can exist on the Forums, we should take pride in the fact that this is not what we are known for. In-spite of the negative comments you may see here and there, our community is incredibly strong. With a backbone made of constructive feedback, creative solutions, dedicated bug reporters, and welcoming players we most certainly stand out. 

Again, as mentioned by Letter13, if you come across a problematic post/topic you are more than welcome to report it directly to the moderators to be reviewed. Thank you!