Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The currently best secondary?

Chaitanyamd

Question

Hi guys,

As the title suggests i want your opinion on the best secondary weapon . Now i have the lex prime and angstrum. I dont find them powerful. The synoid gammacor is also nerfed and i had to use the powerful version but couldnt use it . Please suggest me. I would choose form them which is of my playstyle.

THANK YOU

Edited by Chaitanyamd

24 answers to this question

Lex Prime and Synoid Gammacor are good performers, among some others.

i find it unlikely that Lex Prime would perform badly for you - it's ridiculously Overpowered (not that it's alone in that group).

but, some others that are also in that group would be:
Kulstar
Marelok Series
Atomos
Brakk
AkSomati
Twin Grakatas
Spira Prime

embolist for sure jk

it really depends of each player as there's a lot of good weapons nowadays to choose
In my case i mainly use only my Rakta Ballistica, which besides the damage i really enjoy the whole Blight effect, restoring 25% of the warframe energy and making it run 10% fast for 30 secs while also apply that viral AoE
There's some really good weapons that aren't from syndicates too, but i'm only posting my main 

What enemies are you facing?

In terms of straight damage I'd say Lex Prime and Vaykor Marelok are at the top. Maybe a charged shot from Rakta Ballistica, but I haven't used that yet. I don't really like the Vaykor Marelok, but the AoE Blast + Health and Armor bonus proc make it nice.

Sonicor/Staticor are both pretty good.

http://dpsframe.com/

Not sure, how accurate the side is, but at least, you can have a nice overview of all the categories and the builds used to come up with the numbers. And it seems, Brakk is the weapon, you are looking for. Have fun farming that one :/ (Stug also seems to be rather effective. Don't know, if they add the FF to the DPS, though :) )

1 hour ago, DjaAkh said:

http://dpsframe.com/

Not sure, how accurate the side is, but at least, you can have a nice overview of all the categories and the builds used to come up with the numbers. And it seems, Brakk is the weapon, you are looking for. Have fun farming that one :/ (Stug also seems to be rather effective. Don't know, if they add the FF to the DPS, though :) )

stug ? then that site is a broken lost cause as that cant be true in any way
get the stalker kunai kid
once you get your hands on despair most secondaries are for a long time just exactly that, secondaries

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

1 hour ago, Chaitanyamd said:

Hi guys,

As the title suggests i want your opinion on the best secondary weapon . Now i have the lex prime and angstrum. I dont find them powerful. The synoid gammacor is also nerfed and i had to use the powerful version but couldnt use it . Please suggest me. I would choose form them which is of my playstyle.

THANK YOU

This is going to sound rude, but... How the actual F*** can you find the Lex prime not powerful?

That aside, other good secondarys are:

Akmangus: Crit/status/semi auto. Good damage good crit good dps with a good status chance.

Sonicore: Slow firing, hits like a truck, rag dolls things forever.

Staticore: A Sonicore that you can charge like an Angstrum. Except it doesn't release its charge for you. Good splash damage bubble.

Spira: Over sized kunai. Fun, silent, good for crit. Pretty satisfying throwing a foot long blades of steel around.

Also, the Synoid is still stupidly powerful. You just cant use it as a laser pointer with fire rate mods anymore. Mine does 1k white damage a shot.

Just like your lex pirme I think you're modding it wrong. If you want I can throw together some basic builds for them.

Sonicor is the general-use weapon with superb CC. Deals AOE and its explosion has a high Status chance (25%).

Kulstar is great for Defence Sorties or Rescues since you can give it to the NPC for maximum carnage minus the typical downsides of self annihilation.

Rakta Ballistica is an efficient way to deal with Nullifiers. 2-3 normal burst fires are usually enough to break the bubbles.

I have the feeling like the modding is possibly be the real problem here so you might want to take up Sakatchi on his offer and ask for some builds.

My most used secondary is the Sonicor too. It has pretty good damage. Not the best for taking out single targets, but the aoe makes more than up for it. The CC is also insane and you don't even need to aim a whole lot. So whenever I expect a bunch of enemies coming at me I take that baby. 

Synoid Gamacor for bursting bubbles and restoring energy, but as others said the Rakta Ballistica works as well. 

Lex Prime if I need to deal with single targets. 

6 hours ago, Chaitanyamd said:

I like cc weapons. Lex prime is used to shoot single targets and i hate when i have to kill a bunch of infested with a OP lex.

You probably should've mentioned that in your OP. The Atomos and Staticor are the best Secondary weapons for you to go for. And maybe the Tysis as well. 

You can never go wrong with Despair from the Stalker. It's a pretty solid secondary and the silence is a plus.

One of my favorite secondaries for the longest time was Bronco, so I vouch for its Prime version. The damage isn't the best in the world, but it has a good fire rate for a shotgun, and the pellet spread on it is nothing to laugh at. The one downside to it in my opinion is the low critical chance and the critical damage isn't amazing either, but its still a solid weapon.

And as I've seen a few people say already, you can never go wrong with the Spira Prime or Hikou Prime. Not only are kunai and shuriken silent, but they look bada** as well.

An honorable mention is Lato and its variations, which anyone who played in the beta would agree with, however, the weapon in all its variations is relatively rare, being a reward for Founders and people that played in the closed beta.

I think that this new thing staticor may take the crown as possibly best secondary lately. Further testing may be required thou but lately I take them to sorties and they behave amazingly. Explosion damage could mean that crit build may be even better but for now I have only 2 forma in mines. 

My lex has 4 or 5 forma btw and both crit primed mods (8/10 for now) so I have good basis to compare. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

I like my 3-forma twin grakatas a lot, and for more than just dakka dakka. I have lethal torrent,hornet strike, barrel diffusion, pistol muta (maxed but not prime), convulsion, deep freeze, heated charge, and pistol pestilence, and adjust which elemental damage types I have according to what I'm doing. If it's grineer or corrupted, corrosive+blast, corpus or infested mag+gas. If I'm hunting sentients, I make sure it's different than what I have on my sancti tigris. What the grakatas do really well is A. chew through crowds of weak enemies or a few strong ones or B, and this is important, Take down a nullifier shield. With a short burst or two, the shields is popped and you can kill. The pistol muta doesn't completely keep up with how much ammo you burn through, but it helps (especially with carrier), and you always have your melee and primary. The Lex is a good sniper but a poor choice for large groups of enemies, and the Brakk is exactly the opposite of the lex. 

This brings us to the Synoid gammacor. Its syndicate proc is mag damage, which kicks &#! at corpus and sucks everywhere else, but the damage is incredible. The range sucks, and ammo efficiency is almost as bad as grakatas, but for keeping a hallway clear while camping, or a surprise attack on a strong enemy, there are few like it.