Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to get Community Reputation?

Yiix

Question

So I want to help players, but first off all, I noticed that everyone has a lot of community reputation, and usually more than their posts. I'm afraid that if I don't have any standing, it will affect my credibility. How do you get community standing fast? Thanks.

Edited by Kaiayi
"affect", not "effect"

8 answers to this question

Reputation is worthless because you can easily just post low-tier humor in off-topic all day and get massive upboats by people there, so if and until the reputation system changes to omit those posts, it's not worth worrying about.

You can be the most helpful person in the world without having a big green number, you know.

Go to offtopic and post random pics and gif with Warframe meme related content.

And I am not even joking... helping will get you one-two vote ups, but at least you know you did something alright.

Farming for community standing, thats a new endgame, anyway your standing is the accumulations of likes your comments receive, if people like what you say it will go up, some people get several likes for posting art, or warframe/weapon concepts, some just for being funny, but a reputation will only build on good advise and criticism.

It's honestly not worth worrying about. While I can't know what's in people's heads, I have never seen anyone say, or imply, that they would or wouldn't take someone as seriously because they did or didn't have high community standing. 

As some have said it's just a measure of how many upvotes you have total over all your posts. If you are a helpful user to others and give thoughtful feedback on the game, then you will eventually have a pretty high community standing. 

But like I said it really isn't important. I have never seen anyone argue that someone's words have more or less weight because of it. And speaking as someone who has fairly high community standing, someone's word should never be taken as better just because of that. Always evaluate what other Tenno say based on it's own merits (pretend that number isn't there). 

Also, in my personal opinion, those with really high standing should attempt to hold themselves to an even higher standard than those who don't. The reason is because players who don't understand the forum community may look at people with high rep as "community veterans" and sort of think of them as representative of what the community is. In other words, if someone with a lot of rep is rude to a newer forum user, it may give them the impression that is how the community works, whereas if they are nice, then they will get the impression it's a kind and caring community. 

Edited by Tesseract7777