Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Long Term Survival In Archwing?

KoshLovesYou

Question

Been trying to get into Archwing combat since I neglected it for awhile.But the biggest thing keeping me out of a lot of Archwing combat is, honestly, the difficulty I'm finding being able to heal. For larger bosses and raids like the J-Golem, which is already hard enough to find pickups for, this gets particularly difficult.

Am I missing some mod, or an Archwing ability, that can help with continued survival any? Regeneration Aura just can't keep up, more so with a lot of the DoT spam that gets tossed around, and also takes a slot which could very badly be used for Corrosive Projection.

Am I missing something? Any tips would help.

7 answers to this question

Do you have Enhanced Durability and Energy Inversion maxed? Once you have those mods maxed and your Archwing at level 30, Archwing becomes Easy Mode, even against Jordas. You can tank over 2,000 damage, a level of durability only Frost can match. With Odonata Prime that number jumps up to 3,000; even Jordas has trouble killing you

Other pointers include: spamming Odonata/Elytron 2 to destroy Jordas's electricity balls, boosting around to stay out of range of the minions, and keeping an eye on Jordas's mouths to check when he's using the Fire Sphere attack

Itzal, 2nd ability with max duration and efficiency should give about 2 minutes Invisibility, you can still shoot just don't move. Use 3rd ability to regain health by sucking in Orbs. 4th ability can also draw enemy fire away and provide CC.

Odonata, 1st ability to act as a Volt shield and tank hits, 4th ability to radial disarm enemies nearby. Use afterburners to avoid missile locks. 

Elytron, use 3rd ability to create CC areas to fight in or protect your flank, keep moving and use Exhaust vent ability as a smokescreen when your shields go down. Equip all shield boosting mods. 

Or use the Fluctus and shoot enemies THROUGH solid obstacles to avoif enemy fire.

An healer archwing is in the works, just gotta be patient. As of right now, the only means to heal in AW are Rejuvenation aura, health orbs ans health pizzas.

As for survival, try boosting around, use your afterburners, use Itzal's 2 (and 3 to get those orbs), use Odonata's shield or just tank with Elytron's massive shield/health pool.

Edited by JesterTheNight

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Itzal, 2nd ability with max duration and efficiency should give about 2 minutes Invisibility, you can still shoot just don't move. Use 3rd ability to regain health by sucking in Orbs. 4th ability can also draw enemy fire away and provide CC.

Odonata, 1st ability to act as a Volt shield and tank hits, 4th ability to radial disarm enemies nearby. Use afterburners to avoid missile locks. 

Elytron, use 3rd ability to create CC areas to fight in or protect your flank, keep moving and use Exhaust vent ability as a smokescreen when your shields go down. Equip all shield boosting mods. 

Or use the Fluctus and shoot enemies THROUGH solid obstacles to avoif enemy fire.

oO

A very useful, very condensed guide. Nice! Do you write cooking books, as well?

2 hours ago, DjaAkh said:

oO

A very useful, very condensed guide. Nice! Do you write cooking books, as well?

LOL, maybe I should try :D

Hope it helped you :) I'm one of very few people who enjoys Archwing, except that awful Defense map, so boring.

Edited by Zilchy

2 hours ago, KoshLovesYou said:

very badly be used for Corrosive Projection

10/10

My main suggestion is: don’t get hit. If you are going to be hit, use a “roll.” They give just as much Damage Reduction as in the main game. I used rolls to avoid being hurt or CC'd by Jordas’s fire wave thing.