Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Submersible Archwing missions, but in space

(XBOX)SgtFunBun

You know the submersible archwing missions on Uranus, where we could go in and out of the water at our leisure? Well, what if we could do that with space? Like the trailer for the Archwing Update, where Excalibur starts for a ship, then detaches from his Archwing and lands inside the ship and ninjas a bunch of Grineer

I wanna do that

I mean, it wouldn't be that hard to pull off, just have the same mechanics, but like let us jump out a broken reinforced window, or like the missions on Eris, where you go outside into open space for extraction, or just let us jump out an airlock or something

I think it'd be really fun, and a nice addition to Archwing missions, and I think it'd make people play them a bit more

Spoiler

if this has already been discussed and it's been confirmed that they will not do it please don't make me feel like an idiot about it i'm always paranoid that whenever i post an idea that this'll happen thx

It's not rational to withhold further transition tilesets simply because flipping in or out of the AW space looks bad.  Yes, it could be made smoother and more natural, but it's not ruining the experience.

We do need more Archwing tilesets, preferably built into Warframe's standard missions.  DE will need to ditch the "not in atmosphere" rule.  They can only make space so interesting.  Ships and rocks.  Not a whole lot to work with there.

Alternatively, they could cut the entire mode from the game.  I'll be mildly upset because I like it, but there isn't nearly enough and it's enemies behave in a very basic way.  Even the most hardcore Archwing fan would still prefer Warframe game play.

Edited by Littleman88

Totally support the idea of reworking the transition first and then add missions on space ships, that include airlocks, hull breaches, ... that allow a transition between Archwing and regular gameplay during a mission!

In particular, I believe that would be amazing during an invasion, so you could have a space battle between Corpus and Grineer in the "background".

We break the window and have option of jumping out and doing the mission from there? And if we want to get in we have to break another window?

Me gusta.

But... what if we close all the windows with the steel plates with a player outside?

4 minutes ago, Kao-Snake said:

We break the window and have option of jumping out and doing the mission from there? And if we want to get in we have to break another window?

Me gusta.

But... what if we close all the windows with the steel plates with a player outside?

We give each other a high five because that was the loki who was switch teleporting us randomly the entire mission up to that point. 

59 minutes ago, LogenVos said:

Don't you consider Golem Assassination one?

Jordas Verdict Trial - I was just thinking about that.

The transition is pretty...lame for that.  I'd like to to be seamless, personally, but I'm more than okay with them adding in AW > normal Missions and vice versa even with the bad switch visuals. 

I wold love to be able to break a window and fly out into space.  It'd make missions a lot more fun if someone could fly outside the ship to provide support.  Hek! That'd be a fun trial; 4 inside and 4 outside, working together to take down a Fomorian or something. 

19 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Jordas Verdict Trial - I was just thinking about that.

The transition is pretty...lame for that.  I'd like to to be seamless, personally, but I'm more than okay with them adding in AW > normal Missions and vice versa even with the bad switch visuals. 

I wold love to be able to break a window and fly out into space.  It'd make missions a lot more fun if someone could fly outside the ship to provide support.  Hek! That'd be a fun trial; 4 inside and 4 outside, working together to take down a Fomorian or something. 

I kinda forgot the JV.

I think for the seamless transitions to work, they would have to overhaul the way the levels are created.  Right now, the levels are rooms that are joined by doorways and such, so the level loads whenever your character gets close to the doorway.  The archwing transitions as of now serve as a loading mechanic and a way to transition the controls from archwing and regular play.  For it to work in space, the whole level has to have the actual space level load in with the regular grineer galleon or whatever ship you're on and not just a skybox.  I'm not sure it can be done with the current engine as what you're looking for is a more open world environment.