Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy Leech, or: How I learned to stop worrying and just play Frost

Zaniel_Aus

On 09.04.2016 at 1:08 PM, EvilChaosKnight said:

How about this idea: both parasitic and toxic eximi would instead buff their allies in proximity. Toxic ones will add some toxic dmg and parasitic ones will make other units drain some of your energy when they hit you.

We already have it on top of regular energy leeches - both Toxic Ancient and Ancient Disruptor are actually doing this.

I have a thread where I go into more detail but I;ll bang on about this untill they listen.

Reductave difficulty, making it harder by taking away things that sold us on the game, is not challenge, its just punishment.

They need, yes NEED, to stop the constant avalanche of new stuff and balance the game, not one system at a time but whole thing.

As soon as I see 'Infested Eximus Stronghold', I expect to never have energy. At least Nullifers/Combas (more or less) leave you some room to play around them.

Grineer Eximus Stronghold? Lots of fire resist, AoE knockdowns and energy drain if you let the melee units get close.

Corpus Eximus Stronghold - Ubertechs and enemy damage immunity. There was a Corpus Eximi Excav last week? My maxed out 6 formatatoed Atomos was literally doing 0 damage as soon as certain Eximi combinations happened, at which point gg.

P.S.

Large Team Energy Restores are life.

P.P.S.

How ludicrous is if that I can unsarcastically say that something's worse than Nullifiers?

Edited by Chroia

+1

Warframe without powers is hardly interesting for me. I'll just pick Inaros (or Frost for excavation), and play as though I have no 1-4 keys except when I use an energy pads for an off use of something.

Why did DE make different Warframes when they all get reverted to just their hp, shields and armor? Is the goal to get players to burn consumables or just to just play certain Warframes? Not that I care all that much, but this high level game-play is a 'cheese war', and I can't say that I enjoy it.

Add insult to the injury - the frames that were supposed to be team orientated (Banshee/Chroma), the fire starters (Ember/Chroma), Survivalists (Excal/Valkyr/Wu Kong/Ivara) and the various "fun" to play are not capable of lifting of at all in such conditions. God Forbid if you applied your "day to day" logic into this type of sorties.
PS: I gave frame names for examples. Not in order to start a "what frame is capable of what" debate.

Yeah, fully agreed.

Eximus should not drain energy when abilities drain already as it makes energy to 0 horribly fast and no way to restore it(because restoring energy while having these abilities ON is blocked except blue orbs that are rare enough, so or both restoring and draining should be allowed or none of two).

And they aren't ONLY on eximus type missions, excavations and survivals after some point make eximus enemies spawn more and mole each minute/excavator.

Also some ancients(not even eximus) can sneak and drain ALL energy instantly while you look in other direction killing mobs there.

Also when you have lot of eximus(as at some point they start spawning more than normal units) prioritization is too hard, you have dozens of them everywhere around on normal mission.

On eximus mission against corpus i had nearly zero energy uses(just 3-4 at start of mission) all the time as there were eximus nulifiers everywhere, it was even hard to see where you jump from their bubbles so i actually just slashed them blindly jumping like a grasshopper everywhere(yeah, syndicate effect that restores health was the only thing that saved me there allowing to do 40% of total damage and helping to revive other players near me).

This does not fix the problem you talking about but I find Inaros to be my go-to frame for infested now.  A defense, vitality, max range, rage build works perfect against infested.  

Everytime I get hit I get enough energy to cast #1 and provide cc for group and they don't do enough damage with scarab armor up to worry me (also use guardian and ultimatum arcanes).  Combined with veykor hek for massive up close damage / free heals, I'm a walking tank that gets free energy.  

On a side note, this is the only build / faction I find unarui focus superior (don't want to be invisible and don't need energy regeneration).  The turn to stone on melee combined with additional defense boost is actually nice.  

Anyhow, that's how I handle these eximus infested missions.  Walk in the park and quite fun.

EDIT:  Another tip that really helps - use Suda or Veil syndicate weapons (or augment mods on weapons).  When the weapon proc, it is like picking up blue orb (or better depending on max energy).  Combined with 75% effeciency mods, you can still spam #4 powers.  I run rakta cernos on my ember for this reason.  Weapon does enough damage to 1 shot most enemies, which if pick eximus unit, typically provides enough xp to proc.  I prefer this over dropping energy pizzas all the time.  

Edited by Educated_Beast

their idea of balance is to take away your abilities.
in a game where abilities and variation of frames is the selling point.

Confused, but whatever...

Nullifiers still being in the game
Adding Combas while keeping nullifiers
Corrupted arctic nullifier
Energy restriction sorties
Energy restriction tactical alerts
Shock eximus (good lord, who thought this was a good idea?)
Energy leeches everywhere

The hilarious thing is that they give you a TON of ways to gain energy. Whether it's pizzas, trinity, zenurik, equilibrium mod, nekros 3-spam.
It's like theyre trying to give powers a cooldown without giving them a cooldown. It ain't workin'

The problem is that energy leech stacks.

This is a problem for the same reason damage reduction from Ancients was a problem.  A single damage reduction is fine.  You target the Ancient and go on your merry way, no problem.  When they overlap, you get what used to happen in even low-level void - 4 Ancients would grant Bombards, Nullifiers, and everything else a 99.87% damage resistance, INCLUDING THE OTHER ANCIENTS.  Needless to say this was beyond annoying at lv40 and suicidal at lv60.

So DE fixed it.  They recognized it was seriously breaking the game, and now Ancient damage reduction aura doesn't stack.  They are still priority targets and their effect hurts, but without the stacking, they are manageable.

Energy leech needs exactly the same treatment.  Multiple leech auras just shouldn't stack, period.  It never made sense that they would and it still doesn't.

I just hope DE fixes this sooner than they fixed that.  And the Hyekka damage.  If they could just fix these two little things, I could play the game again.