Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, Please let us disable loki's muffled invisibility sound

redkunaz

i realy love the character , he is fun to use. but i just don't like playing him, that muffled sound, makes me sick. my head starts hurting. i'm realy being serious i feel like throwing up when i hear that sound,   makes it frustrating playing him. and i know some people who also hate this feature

please. let us disable the sound. i beg you! 

i could suggest , giving players the option to use this muffled sound, on all invisibility frames, if they want , a on and off feature

... please DE, read this. PLEASE , :.(

Edited by NovusNova
Removed "Megathread" tag

Such muffled sounds can be usually heard underwater. You don't hear people complain underwater now, do you? But I jest, of course.
Now, the very first solution that comes to mind is disabling the sound entirely. I wouldn't really suggest it, as it, well, disables the sound.

While to me this, beyond mild irritation, is a non-issue, the actual solution I would come up myself is simply to use invisibility as infrequently as possible, wholly relying on the rest of Loki's skills.
Alternatively, I'd just switch the warframe I play.

1 minute ago, LegionCynex said:

if it really makes you sick, like sick as in like motion sickness, then you have to fix it yourself...

By Stop Playing...

why should he stop playing?

he is simply asking for a toggle to change how loki's invisibility effects gunshots. it's a simple fix on the dev's side to implement as just has to activate the invisibility part of the ability but not the noise dampening on the sound side.

i'm sad how people just say stop playing when there are so much better ideas that one could suggest.

6 minutes ago, Deathbricked said:

why should he stop playing?

he is simply asking for a toggle to change how loki's invisibility effects gunshots. it's a simple fix on the dev's side to implement as just has to activate the invisibility part of the ability but not the noise dampening on the sound side.

i'm sad how people just say stop playing when there are so much better ideas that one could suggest.

Why?, because hes risking his health, if a video game makes you sick in anyway, the right thing to do is to STOP playing, if your so bent on playing, that it makes you sick and you come to the game devs, about the game making you sick, then they are moreless just going to say the same, stop playing and take a break, until you feel better.

Is there not, like a warning thingy, in every game, that says "If you suffer from: <this medical here>, you shuold STOP playing? after so meny <Hours number here>

Sure, DE can make a simple change, but its a waste of their dev time, to be messing with something, so small and unnecessary for one or 5 people. The muffled sound effect, is VIA sound, so another fix is to just turn the sounds down. i can agree with wanting to remove the overlay of Loki's wee-color. or Valkyrs bleeding red eyes overlay (as in remove it from the game, not just a choice), Then thats a much better reason, as it effects people who have real medical issues. like motion sickness, or color blind, but even then.

Its a simple fix, you can fix yourself, by stop playing-take a break-come back later.

Edited by LegionCynex

35 minutes ago, LABAL said:

Such muffled sounds can be usually heard underwater. You don't hear people complain underwater now, do you? But I jest, of course.
Now, the very first solution that comes to mind is disabling the sound entirely. I wouldn't really suggest it, as it, well, disables the sound.

While to me this, beyond mild irritation, is a non-issue, the actual solution I would come up myself is simply to use invisibility as infrequently as possible, wholly relying on the rest of Loki's skills.

Because not many ppl actually cares about underwater?

34 minutes ago, LABAL said:

This ^

Tho I don't understand the under-water thingy

Invis doesn't muffle just gunshots, it muffles everything. You, guns, sentinels, hidden caches, that rank 102 hyekka around the corner... Everything.

The muffled sound made sense back when Invis silenced weapons innately, but ever since that got the axe it really doesn't anymore. You could argue that it muffles his footsteps, but I'd point out that everybody's footsteps are silent anyway.

The audio filter should be removed, it should've been removed a long time ago.

6 minutes ago, -Manks said:

Id like to see an augment for this rather than a setting change. 
Good luck OP I hope something can be done about it. 

It's really weird to have an augment that changes audio... Almost doesn't make sense --

7 minutes ago, Jaysus41 said:

Invis doesn't muffle just gunshots, it muffles everything. You, guns, sentinels, hidden caches, that rank 102 hyekka around the corner... Everything.

The muffled sound made sense back when Invis silenced weapons innately, but ever since that got the axe it really doesn't anymore. You could argue that it muffles his footsteps, but I'd point out that everybody's footsteps are silent anyway.

The audio filter should be removed, it should've been removed a long time ago.

You might want to check again... Everyone in game has foot step sounds aside from their random noises...

Like the Hyekka masters whistling "Three blind mice"

6 minutes ago, -Manks said:

It's still changing a feature of the ability as all augments do. 

No, just no... Please think clearly.
If DE ever add this, it has to be an option instead of an augment.

Edited by --Valkyr

Just now, --Valkyr said:

No, just no... Please think clearly.
If DE ever add this, it has to be an option instead of an augment.

I do see your point about it being strange if it was an augment/mod, was just one possibility of it- if it was done outside of a setting change. 

3 minutes ago, -Manks said:

I do see your point about it being strange if it was an augment/mod, was just one possibility of it- if it was done outside of a setting change. 

It isn't a possibility. It's like making an augment specifically to change the sound of Valkyr's scream.

Either way this isn't a dev issue this is something the OP has to deal with as they obviously have an inner ear issue.

Any low sub sonic noise will make them sick, the motion on screen will cause it... Hell if it is as bad as my mothers he will have issues laying down tosleep without motion sickness pills.