The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are drop tables different for each player?

Teadude

I've noticed recently while farming nyx parts is that if you have 2 parts of 3, the 3rd part can be an &#! pain to get.

If the drop tables are different for each player, would having 4 players with different drop tables further increase the chance of getting the wanted or different item, instead of getting the same part? Or is the whole game purely RNG and my theory is completely destroyed

It's just a case of bad luck with RNG, all players in the squad get the same rewards, with the exception of sorties seeing that I've been getting 25x cores while the people I've been doing sorties with for the past few days have gotten Snipetron Vandal parts. I've already received all parts for the weapon so that is something to consider.

3 minutes ago, TheFalseEclipse said:

It can be different, if you got dced like on wave 1, then rejoin at wave 10, the reward is different from the rest who stay on it

That is something they have fixed. No difference between the rewards. Only thing you lost is the reward from wave 5.

22 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

It's just a case of bad luck with RNG, all players in the squad get the same rewards, with the exception of sorties seeing that I've been getting 25x cores while the people I've been doing sorties with for the past few days have gotten Snipetron Vandal parts. I've already received all parts for the weapon so that is something to consider.

This is how it functions

with regards to Sorties, if the team rolls a one-time-reward drop (such as Weapon parts, lenses, and Nezha) then the people that already have them get 25 or 50 Fusion Cores.

same stuff drops for everyone. just gotta pray to the RNG that you get what ya need >.<

it's all just weighted RNG. some parts are much rarer drops than others, but all of them can drop. only difference is in Sorties where obtaining a duplicate part results in you getting a repeatable reward, usually the Core Bundles, as parts are ticked off and removed from your own drop tables. of course you can always Trade if RNGsus is shafting you.

The drop table dynamically evaluates what everybody needs from the table and how badly they need it, and then reduce the chances of getting that item. Once you have it you won't need another so the odds of getting it goes up again. That way the salty tears will keep flowing.

21 minutes ago, Mastikator2 said:

The drop table dynamically evaluates what everybody needs from the table and how badly they need it, and then reduce the chances of getting that item. Once you have it you won't need another so the odds of getting it goes up again. That way the salty tears will keep flowing.

I remember when I bought Ash Chassis for 40p because I couldnt get any in T3S, the next day I went to a T3S and got it at 5min and comented it with the team. then we got it again at 10... then at 15.... then at 25.... then at 30...

The team was just loling at my expense and disbelief.

Sadly, I got no pictures.

Players always get the same wards in the same mission except for 2 occassions:

1) Getting cores for sorties in case if yiu already got the one-time reward (like lens, weapon parts), in which case game simply gives you cores instead

2) Mods droped from Void Secret Room's Containers. When you mark those - it doesn't say the name of the mod but simply "module" instead and each player receives his own random mod on pick up.

2 hours ago, Chroia said:

The game uses weighted drops. Pretty much every set has (at least) 1 rare/low-drop% part.

Drop is decided by a seed number assigned to the host on login. [Citation needed]

interesting ! do all team members ALWAYS get the same drop, please?

34 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

As TheFalseEclipse said, you get different rewards from your team if you d/c and rejoin... unless it's been fixed, as Vanthenos says.

As others have said, the exception is Sortie rewards, when you get 25*R5 cores instead of repeat rewards, and (as Artek94 points out, above) Void container mods.

To the best of my knowledge, these are the only exceptions.

33 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

Everyone gets the same thing, so it takes into account everything.

For example if I'm running T3 exterminate with 3 other players, one needs the Nikana Prime BP, one needs the Saryn Prime BP, one needs Nyx Prime Chassi BP and the last one needs Nyx Prime Systems BP. That will change the drop table to only drop Soma Prime Stock and Vasto Prime Stock. However if the guy who needs Nikana Prime BP leaves then the remaining guys will have a chance to get Nikana Prime BP also.

I suspect that the game will mockingly increase the chances of dropping that item. But it's just a theory, I don't really know how clever and evil the RNG AI truly is. For all we know it might be reading this very thread!!!

1 hour ago, Mastikator2 said:

It is very important to turn your webcam and you're microphone off while playing. Otherwise, the game notices your crying, whenever you don't get, what you want. Every sob reduces the drop chance of an item by 2.25%