Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls 3 discussion thread

TheErebus.

13 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Tried to play the game... game crashed.

I have the feeling it doesn't want me to play.

Yeah I had 1 crash (PS4).

PC seems to be suffering a lot from it

22 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

What did you use?

I was using the Uchi since I went Dex. After that it was farron's greatsword to the end of the game.

Too bad I won't get to replay it though, since I don't own it, but hey I'm happy to have played it. 

Hollowslayer's Greatsword.

Basically Greatsword of Mirrah. Byootiful weapon.

I love/hate it.

Target locking is still total trash. Drops target constantly. Short and inconsistent range. Won't switch or switches incorrectly. Archery is still total trash. Serves only to exploit the A.I. limitations. Love the new crafting: no headaches. Tutorial ends with the only smith you'll ever need in plain sight, no messing with armor. I got worried when I found those stones to undo an infusion, but I never needed them. Normal went to refined and fire swapped to chaos with no loss of +level.

I liked sword/shield in Dark Souls because it didn't have to weak like most games that force it into a "tank" role but it seems like they don't like shields anymore in Dark Souls 3. I tried to do my usual min weapon stats and march to 40 endurance, but everything broke my guard like crazy with shield slams and "stance" moves that counter shields. Sure you can dodge those, but if you have to dodge and play with range all the time what was the point of the shield? I want to say it was really grindy, but that's probably just because I was trying to get tons of endurance way too early (after already doing 18str/18dex for the lothsomething knight sword and shield drops) to force sword/shield to work and then I was butthurt when it still didn't.

Ended up cheating (offline ofc) and still didn't have fun as longsword/shield. Going to give it a break and then play through it with a two hander or dual wielding. The lady at the start sells a halberd IIRC. Probably try that.

2 hours ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

I'm still deciding what class to play and still tweaking my character taking my time. The pyromancer looks fun. I'm only at the first bonfire and got killed by the first boss. I really like this but Bloodborne to me is still tops. 

6RoPHeC.jpg

I'd say knight, but its up to you. also there is actually a ring that lets you look human while still being hollow. so you don't need to worry about it so long as you don't mind sacrificing a ring slot.

8 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

I'd say knight, but its up to you. also there is actually a ring that lets you look human while still being hollow. so you don't need to worry about it so long as you don't mind sacrificing a ring slot.

Thanks Lord. I created a knight character and I'll try that too. I don't mind sacrificing a ring slot for that. 

The face customization I'm happy with. Only wish the female body would be more recognizable as it looks to be the same size as the male body with just a slight difference on the legs/knees being closer together. Aside from that nitpicking, its great - loving DS3. 

10 hours ago, RevivedEdgeLord said:

I wish I could respec, but it's too late. I killed the first cinder....

you can respec. how far are you? I just found the respec npc myself. said npc can also allow you to redo your appearance if you so choose.

Edited by LordOfScrugging

40 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Too many waifus.

And all of them are creepy one way or another...

Except for that Knight Girl. I like her. I wonder where her partner left... He was creepy, but still... She really seems to miss him.

>knight girl

WORST WAIFU

SLUGWAIFU BEST WAIFU

5 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

But those slugs :clem:

They are disqusting :grustrag:

Oh btw, watch out for Leonard (the guy in mask that gives you red eye orbs). I heard he MIGHT kill your Slugwaifu.

oh i killed him.

SLUGWAIFU IS AMAZING

yes she has slug butt BUT LOOK BEYOND THAT

1 hour ago, Artek94 said:

Too many waifus.

And all of them are creepy one way or another...

Except for that Knight Girl. I like her. I wonder where her partner left... He was creepy, but still... She really seems to miss him.

Are you talking about Anri? That's a guy for me...