The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove the radiation sortie condition

Inmemoratus

Personally, I like the radiation proc since, as mentioned by other people, it encourages more game awareness and discourages spam 1 button to win playstyles. I've done radiation sorties as mag, not without a few mistakes, but most of the time I spot the proc and just use guns for a few seconds. All it does is encourage more player skill and less reliance on abilities that can do so much damage in one hit. 

No, No no no no, don't remove it, Its the only place i can go with 4 people and do pvp, like dojo battles, equinox vs vauban, nekros vs mirage, And the good thing is.. No nurfs on any warframe, all normal powers, with normal mods, So its fun, fun to mess around and just plane out troll, (But this is the reason why people say, do sotrites with clan mates, not randoms)

Edited by SubjectL
forgot to add something :^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Radiation isn't getting removed before the "weapon goes here only" modifier. 9 out of 10 times we'll either be sitting for minutes on end waiting for them to 'finally' change their loadout, wait for them to not change their loadout forcing a disband, or loading the mission just to have someone join last second who didn't change their loadout automatically disbanding the already formed party. It's maddening.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

3 hours ago, Ashmedai said:

Been away for awhile and just reinstalling the game now.  Friendly fire is a thing now?

Greaaaaaaaat.  Maybe I'll just uninstall now then :(

With how fast paced the combat is in this game and the amount of AoE how is this a smart thing at all?

Only in sortie missions when the sortie condition is "Radiation Hazard" in which case the enemy attacks have a chance to apply Radiation Status to you.

Sorties are a set of 3 missions you can do once per day for special rewards. Radiation Hazard doesn't always come up but when it does get ready for some random friendly fire, which is really (not) fun since people don't read the condition and they bring in AoE that can 1 shot you.

If you do end up doing a radiation hazard mission I suggest either solo it if possible or if not you should always spam your dodge roll while the radiation hazard is on you. Dodge roll reduces damage by 75% so you have a good chance of surviving pretty much anything your allies might irresponsibly be spamming around.

In other words it's cancer.

Edited by Inmemoratus

24 minutes ago, gluih said:

It's just annoying that the guys running around with a tonkor instant killing their squad don't get punished and everyone else has to suffer. Doesn't mean that this should be removed tho.

"This sucks ... But it shouldn't be removed"

???

Edited by Inmemoratus

27 minutes ago, SubjectL said:

No, No no no no, don't remove it, Its the only place i can go with 4 people and do pvp, like dojo battles, equinox vs vauban, nekros vs mirage, And the good thing is.. No nurfs on any warframe, all normal powers, with normal mods, So its fun, fun to mess around and just plane out troll, (But this is the reason why people say, do sotrites with clan mates, not randoms)

So your reasoning is you like to kill your allies. I hope DE sees your post tbh.

And you know what? I like to do sorties with randoms. I don't have a clan, and I don't want one either. And I don't have any friends who enjoy Warframe.

Edited by Inmemoratus

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Radiation isn't getting removed before the "weapon goes here only" modifier. 9 out of 10 times we'll either be sitting for minutes on end waiting for them to 'finally' change their loadout, wait for them to not change their loadout forcing a disband, or loading the mission just to have someone join last second who didn't change their loadout automatically disbanding the already formed party. It's maddening.

I have a trick for <weapon type> only, and it's far less painful than dealing with radiation. You just go in with public matchmaking on, and enter instantly before it finds a squad. Then people will join into your squad but only people who have the proper loadout. That's a pretty easy way to filter out people who don't read the sortie condition. Therefore, I don't see a huge issue with this type of sortie.

Edited by Inmemoratus

1 hour ago, TheMultitude said:

Personally, I like the radiation proc since, as mentioned by other people, it encourages more game awareness and discourages spam 1 button to win playstyles. I've done radiation sorties as mag, not without a few mistakes, but most of the time I spot the proc and just use guns for a few seconds. All it does is encourage more player skill and less reliance on abilities that can do so much damage in one hit. 

You know what else would discourage spamming 4? Every time you press 4 there's a 20% chance that the game will play a really loud annoying noise and flash the screen so you can't see for 2 seconds. Doesn't mean it's a good idea.

You know what? They should make every mission in the game Radiation Hazard for 1 week. No, 1 DAY. And then we'll see what you people say.

Edited by Inmemoratus

48 minutes ago, (XB1)PoseidonEvil said:

I agree with guy that said it forces players to think. It's meant as a challenge? You know something to keep the top pro level players on their feet and to help the upcoming pro players learn. He also gave advice on how to adapt. Use it lol

I adapted by playing alone, even though I prefer to play with people. Not really a good solution since I don't get to play how I prefer.

3 hours ago, Gilmaesh said:

Not really a problem, I usually come with Valkyr since i dislike being pk and i know how stupid people can get when pk is involved. My problem would be that it seems radiation hazards happens more frequently than other sortie conditions lately, which is bad. 

Also i can see a loophole now that we can redo sorties. Finish your own sorties, come back and pk others in their sorties.

Since some players like that kind of stuff  :

^

that kind of player

You mean toxic players who should be banned? F*** those guys.

Just now, Inmemoratus said:

I adapted by playing alone, even though I prefer to play with people. Not really a good solution since I don't get to play how I prefer.

As much as I advocate for solo, there are countermeasures for what happened to you.

Use a Hydroid tidal impunity to keep your team safe from rad procs (scales of off duration so it can last longer than 6 seconds)

Or use Oberon to create proc safe zones with Hallowed Ground, or Renewal, or both.

Or use Nezha's Fire Walker and run around like a mad man leaving fiery trails of proc clearing glory.

5 hours ago, Inmemoratus said:

Usually it's a minor annoyance, you get downed by your allies ok whatever. Still not something we need in the game, but whatever. Let's let that slide for now.

Today I jumped into the sortie and a Mag just 1 shotted the whole squad and the console with Shield Polarize. Mission Failure within 5 seconds of joining the squad. THIS IS COMPLETELY BROKEN. THERE IS NOTHING COOL ABOUT IT.

Welp I'll be in recruiting specifically NOT getting a Mag.

So you had a bad mission (you do realize this can happen with Random Players!!!!!) and you come here upset that a "condition" which is on a set of missions defined to be Hard/End game style content is broken. The Sorties are mean for people to work together as a team, for higher level players who have good general knowledge of the game mechanics (though not perfect) and who are looking to be challenged. 

You had a bad mission, re-run the thing! Find a group you can work together with in the PVE team based game. It is not all about you all the time.

1 minute ago, TermiteFrame said:

As much as I advocate for solo, there are countermeasures for what happened to you.

Use a Hydroid tidal impunity to keep your team safe from rad procs (scales of off duration so it can last longer than 6 seconds)

Or use Oberon to create proc safe zones with Hallowed Ground, or Renewal, or both.

Or use Nezha's Fire Walker and run around like a mad man leaving fiery trails of proc clearing glory.

this sadly most players have an allergic reaction to those frame because according to them those frame are "not viable"

but ya nezha leaving a large proc clearing zone should prevent the rad procs from being a problem 

oberon with over extended hallowed ground   and non pilferdroid makes a good support 

3 hours ago, Djego27 said:

-snip-

it's effective at reducing the usefulness of constantly spamming mapwide AoE Blasts.

it's not the most ideal but i'll take it as a way of punishing AFKFarming strategies.
the ideal will be to not have any Abilities or Weapons that function as a mapwide AoE Blast, but that's seemingly a long ways off into the future.

i did the sortie as a frost, with a mirage, a mag, and i think an ember. we all were irradiated at one point, all but one went down, the mag. they picked us all up, we kept on, and the mission was easy as pie. want it to go well? CC, bubble the objective, and stay in the bubble. dont have a frost? loki. no loki? oberon. no oberon? how do you not have an oberon???? 

ahem.

all in all, i like it. sure, there's the possibility of an instant mission fail. so? the risk of defeat makes victory all the sweeter!

If you don't get hit, you can't be rad procced.  There are many frames that can block enemy attacks from hitting, greatly reduce damage taken (including from friendly sources), or can cleanse or prevent radiation procs if they do occur.

Just bring a good supportive frame that fits the mode and leave a group if you don't like the look of it.  I usually just bring a Frost, and tell everyone to stay in the bubble (then if they don't stay I hit them with Avalanche when they get procced, lol).

Edited by ArcusVeles

I know "don't play with randoms" isn't always a good solution for everyone, but I haven't had any major problems with the radiation condition because I normally play sorties with clanmates so that the squad is reasonably well coordinated. If you don't have any friends who play warframe, you may want to at least consider finding an active clan to join. In any case, I don't think that the possibility of failing your mission due to friendly fire is problematic enough to necessitate removing the radiation condition. It's like with spy sorties - if you're going to play it with randoms, you have to accept the possibility that your squadmates' incompetence can swiftly end the mission.

Edited by AgentScarlet

12 hours ago, Inmemoratus said:

Because one guy can make the mission fail and you have no way to stop him from doing that.

You can say "It forces the players to think about their actions." about literally anything. That doesn't automatically justify anything.

Make 3 friends, play Sorties with them. Then Radiation not only becomes fun trolling your mates, no random fool fails the mission. 

17 hours ago, Inmemoratus said:

So your reasoning is you like to kill your allies. I hope DE sees your post tbh.

And you know what? I like to do sorties with randoms. I don't have a clan, and I don't want one either. And I don't have any friends who enjoy Warframe.

I meant i do it with clan mates, i don't do radiation proc with random people do i, I did say "But this is the reason why people say, do sotrites with clan mates, not randoms" 

So no, I like to kill allies that are my friends, i don't do it to random people, If you don't like radiations and you don't have a clan to do it with, its not my problem, they are not going to remove it just for one person, Do it solo, Or do it with friends (sorry if that sounds rude ;-;)

Also, yes, i hope DE see's my post.