Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove the radiation sortie condition

Inmemoratus

Usually it's a minor annoyance, you get downed by your allies ok whatever. Still not something we need in the game, but whatever. Let's let that slide for now.

Today I jumped into the sortie and a Mag just 1 shotted the whole squad and the console with Shield Polarize. Mission Failure within 5 seconds of joining the squad. THIS IS COMPLETELY BROKEN. THERE IS NOTHING COOL ABOUT IT.

Welp I'll be in recruiting specifically NOT getting a Mag.

Blame the players for not thinking nor watching the UI before nuking everything, not DE for creating conditions to make us play out of our comfort zone which end up being annoying thanks to mindless players.

I still want to try certain things, such as killing a friend with nekros to see if it creates a shadow of them, devouring an ally with inaros, or use mind freak nyx on a friend to see if they get buffed too.

Btw, diamond skin and rapid resilience help a lot on this lovely condition.

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Typo

9 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Blame the players for not thinking nor watching the UI before nuking everything, not DE for creating conditions to make us play out of our comfort zone which end up being annoying thanks to mindless players.

I still want to try certain things, such as killing a friend with nekros to see if it creates a shadow of them, devouring an ally with inaros, or use mind freak nyx on a friend to see if they get buffed too.

Btw, diamond skin and rapid resilience help a lot on this lovely condition.

Nope, it's DE's fault. This condition adds nothing interesting, only potential frustration.

The mods don't stop your allies from instakilling the f***ing MD objective. Even companions that people have modded out to do a lot of damage will randomly kill it sometimes.

Remove this garbage, DE.

Edited by Inmemoratus

2 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

Nope, it's DE's fault. This condition adds nothing interesting, only potential frustration.

The mods don't stop your allies from instakilling the f***ing MD objective. Even companions that people have modded out to do a lot of damage will randomly kill it sometimes.

Remove this garbage, DE.

Still not being DE's fault that players don't know how radiation works nor read sortie conditions and keep taking overpowered stuff to these particular missions. 

One mod reduces radiation damage input which is dealt by every enemy in this condition, improving survivability,the other one reduces the time radiation works on you, reducing your chances of accidentally blowing teammates or objectives. If your teammates don't use these tools (mostly rapid resilience due to the source of your complaint), taking sentinels with overpowered guns (and attack precept) or spam aoe nukes near to objective while irradiated it's clearly not DE's fault.

DE, pls don't listen this guy.

10 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Still not being DE's fault that players don't know how radiation works nor read sortie conditions and keep taking overpowered stuff to these particular missions. 

One mod reduces radiation damage input which is dealt by every enemy in this condition, improving survivability,the other one reduces the time radiation works on you, reducing your chances of accidentally blowing teammates or objectives. If your teammates don't use these tools (mostly rapid resilience due to the source of your complaint), taking sentinels with overpowered guns (and attack precept) or spam aoe nukes near to objective while irradiated it's clearly not DE's fault.

DE, pls don't listen this guy.

Why should it stay in? What interesting, positive effect on gameplay does it have?

6 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

Why should it stay in? What interesting, positive effect on gameplay does it have?

It forces the players to think about their actions. There are plenty of games out there with friendly fire, just imagine that being toggled on for a single mission

5 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

Taking players out of comfort zone, making us learn or improve our UI awareness, promoting team communication and coordination, but given that many players do missions (not only sorties) without typing even a single word to coordinate the team, or keep mashing 1234 as fast as possible to win they make this interesting condition into something annoying to some others. Some players inability to deal with some small conditions shouldn't be a reason to remove it entirely.

3 minutes ago, EchoesOfRain said:

It forces the players to think about their actions. There are plenty of games out there with friendly fire, just imagine that being toggled on for a single mission

I'd love a friendly fire condition, even if it was given just once in a blue moon 

You think it's bad only because it removes the P4TW?

It's all the player's fault, he should be taking cover and avoiding the debuff. No offense intended but all I see from you is a rant because you got mad at it. No logic behind.

Just now, EchoesOfRain said:

Just now, Noamuth said:

It forces people to think; how is that garbage?

Because one guy can make the mission fail and you have no way to stop him from doing that.

You can say "It forces the players to think about their actions." about literally anything. That doesn't automatically justify anything.

Just now, Manyc said:

You think it's bad only because it removes the P4TW?

It's all the player's fault, he should be taking cover and avoiding the debuff. No offense intended but all I see from you is a rant because you got mad at it. No logic behind.

I have no control over what the other players in the squad do. Why should I have to fail the mission because some other guy made a single mistake? I can't even make up for his mistake no matter what I do.

Just now, Currilicious said:

I think this is fine tho.

I'm all for non-frustrating gaming. Like a boss with a billion HP for instance, I will definitely not agree with.

But this is not one of those.

"It's not frustrating when your squad member makes the mission instantly fail"

Nice one dude!

Because one guy can make the mission fail and you have no way to stop him from doing that.

You can say "It forces the players to think about their actions." about literally anything. That doesn't automatically justify anything.

Many ways to make missions fail, I could go around with a Sonicor throwing capture targets out of bounds. It's an instant loss. Etc..

I have no control over what the other players in the squad do. Why should I have to fail the mission because some other guy made a single mistake? I can't even make up for his mistake no matter what I do.

That makes you mad? Avoid that player from now on, make sure you only team up with very intelligent people from then on.

Just now, Manyc said:

Many ways to make missions fail, I could go around with a Sonicor throwing capture targets out of bounds. It's an instant loss. Etc..

"There's this obscure bug in another mission where it can instantly fail therefore everything is ok"

2 minutes ago, Manyc said:

That makes you mad? Avoid that player from now on, make sure you only team up with very intelligent people from then on.

So I have to go back into public matchmaking until there's no mag on the team? Or I have to recruit and tell people what to play?

Well, nobody was doing it in recruiting so I solo'd the mission. I much prefer to play with people, but things like this make it much less feasible to play with other people, which is what I want to do. I don't want to solo.

It makes the game less fun, not more challenging or more interesting.

Edited by Inmemoratus