Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove the radiation sortie condition

Inmemoratus

Just now, Inmemoratus said:

"There's this obscure bug in another mission where it can instantly fail therefore everything is ok"

It's not a bug, you're supposed to capture, not kill. It makes sense.

More trivial but I simply join in and do nothing, more enemies but no help.

Try my best in keeping 1 enemy mind controlled with Nyx in an exterminate mission.

Like Noamuth said, you're grumpy, no sense fighting you on this.

Just now, Inmemoratus said:

So I have to go back into public matchmaking until there's no mag on the team? Or I have to recruit and tell people what to play?

Well, nobody was doing it in recruiting so I solo'd the mission. I much prefer to play with people, but things like this make it much less feasible. It makes the game less fun, not more challenging or more interesting.

how is mag taking you out with shield polarize bring a frame that has low shields then if thats your problem. or ask the mag to not use it if they get rad proc 

6 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

I have no control over what the other players in the squad do. Why should I have to fail the mission because some other guy made a single mistake? I can't even make up for his mistake no matter what I do.

so u do not like failing?

go solo so u have only yourself to blaim if u fail ^^

don't rely on others if u hate failing ^^

2 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

So I have to go back into public matchmaking until there's no mag on the team? Or I have to recruit and tell people what to play?

Well, nobody was doing it in recruiting so I solo'd the mission. I much prefer to play with people, but things like this make it much less feasible to play with other people, which is what I want to do. I don't want to solo.

It makes the game less fun, not more challenging or more interesting.

Create / Join a clan, make sure people are aware of the conditions, they can still take a Mag, just make sure they know they have Radiation into consideration and / or take cover to be sure they don't nuke the MDef console. If you can't bring yourself to accept that people make mistakes, you don't even deserve to be out of solo. 

46 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

Nope, it's DE's fault. This condition adds nothing interesting, only potential frustration.

The mods don't stop your allies from instakilling the f***ing MD objective. Even companions that people have modded out to do a lot of damage will randomly kill it sometimes.

Remove this garbage, DE.

blaming DE for a choice that one player made, without checking his UI, will get you nowhere.

you just gotta roll with the punches. its a game, calm thy breasts.

i would be mad at the situation too but i equate your rant to that of a 4 yr old not getting a toy he/she wanted

2 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

It makes the game less fun, not more challenging or more interesting.

maybe for you, at least for me, it makes the game way more fun than any normal mission where the objective can be easily accomplished by staying in the same room for a long time while spamming tonkor and warframe powers to keep enemies at bay. subjectivity at its best.

Salt storm on sight, look for cover guys

3 minutes ago, Currilicious said:

Nope to me it isn't.

I'll just enter mission again with another random group.

Why is this somehow a positive thing? You have to keep trying until you don't get a guy who will ruin the whole thing. It's totally random.

4 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

maybe for you, at least for me, it makes the game way more fun than any normal mission where the objective can be easily accomplished by staying in the same room for a long time while spamming tonkor and warframe powers to keep enemies at bay. subjectivity at its best.

Reveal hidden contents

Salt storm on sight, look for cover guys

You can still stay in the same room using powers and spamming an OP weapon. Frost + Tonkor. Or Frost + Synoid Simulor is what I did to solo it. Enemies never got close enough so I didn't have to worry about hitting the console with my weapon.

There was nothing difficult or interesting about it. I just had to solo it so I didn't get any players doing it wrong.

The point is I like to play with PEOPLE, and this makes it too frustrating, and it makes people fight, and it doesn't actually make the game more interesting.

Edited by Inmemoratus

9 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

Why is this somehow a positive thing? You have to keep trying until you don't get a guy who will ruin the whole thing. It's totally random.

PUG-ing Sorties is a challenge I defined for myself.

No planning before hand, I only have control of what I have and I deal with what-may-come from randoms.

Do I fail? Yes, but rarely.

Is this frustrating for me? No.

So far, it is positive from my standpoint.

Edited by Currilicious

Been away for awhile and just reinstalling the game now.  Friendly fire is a thing now?

Greaaaaaaaat.  Maybe I'll just uninstall now then :(

With how fast paced the combat is in this game and the amount of AoE how is this a smart thing at all?

2 minutes ago, Ashmedai said:

Been away for awhile and just reinstalling the game now.  Friendly fire is a thing now?

With how fast paced the combat is in this game and the amount of AoE how is this a smart thing at all?

the friendly fire is only a thing when your under the effects of a radiation proc.

normally you have nothing to worry about. the sorites/mission modifiers are higher level, more end gamey content anyway

I'll just chime in and say lets just remove or tonkor-ify/nullifier-ify radiation feedback from players to objectives. Make any radiation feedback do a maximum (and if need be a minimum) amount of damage to objectives so while it'll never be one shot it can still take damage and thus cost the mission due to carelessness. The current setup is also quite prone to trolling. I've had a few since the first radiation sortie where a player would stand and wait to be proc'd just to instant fail a mission, laughing before the d/c'd. But the were few granted, for now.

Anyhow, carry on the who's right/wrong arguments. Good day.

Just now, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

the friendly fire is only a thing when your under the effects of a radiation proc.

normally you have nothing to worry about. the sorites/mission modifiers are higher level, more end gamey content anyway

The fact it's a thing at all opens the door for more of such silliness.  Not a fan of allowing people to troll games in if it is limited to a small scope.  Something like this does not add fun, just frustration like we have seen from previous posts.

1 minute ago, Ashmedai said:

Friendly fire has been a thing for a long long time. Lasers in the void have radiation damage, and if it procs on you friendly fire is enabled for the duration of the proc. Same deal with radiation sorties, you get radiation proc'd, you can now hurt teammates and also can't revive teammates for a limited time. Honestly Radiation isn't a very difficult condition to deal with. If you solo it (or bring a friend and both be smart about AoE when proc'd), it's basically a normal high level mission.

15 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i blame the Mag in that situation, it's their fault they rely on that to carry them.

You can easy get the proc during the cast animation, nearly killed a Inaros today with Frost while getting the proc during the animation. With a SP mag the only time you can use SP is in a snow globe, because getting hit during SP is like instant death to your hole team. While it is true that it utterly punishes not you but your team if you don't pay attention and hammer the 4 button, it also can happen if you are careful very quick without much options to salvage your team afterwards.

I for myself also would like to see it gone, because it completely removes the ability to revive people if you don't have hard CC, invisibility or a snow globe since any hit during the revive will most likely proc radiation and you can't revive anybody with that. Even killed my kubrow in the sorti once, where I did try for like 20s to pick him up with my Trinity without making the revive before getting the next radiation proc.

Edited by Djego27

4 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Friendly fire has been a thing for a long long time. Lasers in the void have radiation damage, and if it procs on you friendly fire is enabled for the duration of the proc. Same deal with radiation sorties, you get radiation proc'd, you can now hurt teammates and also can't revive teammates for a limited time. Honestly Radiation isn't a very difficult condition to deal with. If you solo it (or bring a friend and both be smart about AoE when proc'd), it's basically a normal high level mission.

I've been away for a long time so never had to deal with radiation procs.. or whatever they are.  They certainly do not sound fun though.. and tedious.

1 minute ago, Ashmedai said:

I've been away for a long time so never had to deal with radiation procs.. or whatever they are.  They certainly do not sound fun though.. and tedious.

oh man u have missed a loooooooooooooooooooot xD

it's really fun with friends or understanding play for fun team mates :P

57 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

Why should it stay in? What interesting, positive effect on gameplay does it have?

Becouse it's fun to murder your entire team from time to time. Simple as that. I enjoy radiation proc sorties for pure chaos they become sometimes.

Edited by Serafim_94

7 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Always be Valkyr in radiation condition and try to stay in Hysteria throughout the mission, no one will be able to kill you. If playing "legitimately" doesn't work, start cheesing it.

or kill them before they kill you ;)

When i joined the mission i noticed a mag and someone with tonkor, i warned them about aoe stuff and they were doing ok, until the mag killed the entire team, destroyed the bubble and nearly destroyed the terminal, boy that made me mad, but afterwards players remained inside the bubble.

Some ppl simply assume that AOE, press 2 to win for corpus is the way to go, it's like they like to bring the only thing that can fail the mission.

Does this mean radiation should be removed? no

Players should learn the hard way what to bring for missions and what not to bring, yes they will sadly drag 3 other players into a mission fail, but that's no excuse to have this difficulty removed.