Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost help

(XBOX)jkperk08

Question

I'm sure this has been covered a lot so I'm sorry. I play frost pretty much all the time. I have around 60 hours of play time which isn't a lot and I learn stuff constantly. I know I need to make snow globe stronger but I don't want to sacrifice my other powers in doing so.

What mods should I be looking for to make my powers better and where would I get them? 

Again sorry I'm sure it's been covered. Thanks

11 answers to this question

How the hell did you manage to unlock ceres, farm for a full frost set, farm for the Neurodes/Neural Sensors, and then wait the 3 day building time all in 60 hours? That's only 2.5 day's time That doesn't add up.

Okay whatever, The mods you are going to want are range and efficiency mods. Frost is loved only for his snowglobe (It's sad but true) so you will want to work on something that can help with that.

Stretch (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stretch)

Overextended (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Overextended)

Streamline (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Streamline)

fleeting expertise (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fleeting_Expertise)

Another mod that is a must have for frost is called "Chilling Globe" It freezes enemies that try to pass through your shield for a short time. It is a syndicate mod available from Steel Meridian and Cephalon Suda. 

If you have any space left, throw in an intensify(http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Intensify) or some armor/shield/health mods.

Hopes this helped you out.    

Hey there. This is how I like to run my Frost. It gives him a 22K Snow Globe, and his other powers still fare really well on their own. I take him to Raids and Sorties regularly, so he's built for "end game" content in mind. You only need 3 Formas for this particular build, however, I needed to Forma him 5 times to make a 2nd Avalanche CC build that I rarely use outside of Sorties.

22_K_Snow_Globe.png

Edited by DuskLegendary

This is what I use for my Frost currently

yp6bmrZ.jpg

As for the mods you can look here "warframe.wikia.com" and search for each individual mod and it'll tell you who drops it and where.

As for the prime mods that baro gives out, you can use the regular versions and be fine.

If you're doing a lot of infested missions/defenses, you could probably replace a mod (Like intensify) for the Chilling Globe augment mod.

This is what I currently have.

Vitality

Flow

Steel fiber

Continuity 

Intensify

Stretch

Redirection 

Streamline

Now some of those are  damaged still I can't seem to find the regular ones. 

I'm trying to get my globe health ans duration up and the casting cost down.

And does frost prime offer a huge benefit over regular?

Edited by (XB1)jkperk08
Added another question

Here's what I'm currently running:

Energy Syphon, Enemy Sense
Intensify, Transient Fortitude
Stretch, Overextended
Streamline, Fleeting Expertise (R4)
Primed Continuity
Vitality

Huge, cheap Globe (let recasts and enemy fire give it Health, no need to wreck your Efficiency with Blind Rage)
as well as Ice Wave (woo dat range / mass slowdown)
and Avalanche (freezing - if not killing - just everything around you for 25 Energy = yes pls).

http://goo.gl/C2ILT4

My personal build. I prefer to have crowd control over as much health as possible because eventually you're usually going to have to refresh snow globe every 4 seconds anyways for that absorb period and because just having efficiency in general is better than a slapping on a blind rage unless you insist on using avalanche to strip enemies of all armor. Duration is in there for Ice Wave Impedance and Avalanche (enemies experience armor loss for as long as they're frozen by avalanche). If you don't want to do all that work with slowing things down with ice floors, you can swap it out for Transient Fortitude.

Overextended is there out of preference because i like extra room to move around. If you don't mind the tighter space to move around in, you can swap it out for stretch so you can still avoid the aoe from bombard rockets hitting the globe (aoe explosion from rockets go through the globe)

Quick Thinking is there out of preference and theoretically gives more effective health than Vitality + Steel Fiber/Vitality + Redirection, ESPECIALLY for the following reasons in regards to my build:

1: My energy costs on my abilities are relatively cheap

2: you can just spam down an energy restore worst case scenario and cast snowglobe to push enemies away before you drop to no health and energy as opposed to spamming both health and energy restores

3: Snow Globe pushes enemies outside of its perimeter if they're in range upon cast.

4: I have the Zenurik passive on

That said, if you want you can replace Quick Thinking/Quick Thinking and Primed Flow if you prefer to have some health/shields/armor/etc.

Final Note: Never use Blind Rage when running Frost unless you plan on stripping 100% of enemy armor as it can potentially interfere with casts of snowglobe. A Snow Globe with full efficiency, Transient Fortitude, and Intensify can accomplish roughly the same as, if not more than, a full power strength build's globe for less energy; yes full power str could have more health in one cast, but 2 casts totalling up to the same if not more with a lower cost?

Edited by Cryozar

16 hours ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

How the hell did you manage to unlock ceres, farm for a full frost set, farm for the Neurodes/Neural Sensors, and then wait the 3 day building time all in 60 hours? That's only 2.5 day's time That doesn't add up.

60 in-game hours. Assuming he only plays 4 hours a day, that's 15 days

19 hours ago, DuskLegendary said:

Hey there. This is how I like to run my Frost. It gives him a 22K Snow Globe, and his other powers still fare really well on their own. I take him to Raids and Sorties regularly, so he's built for "end game" content in mind. You only need 3 Formas for this particular build, however, I needed to Forma him 5 times to make a 2nd Avalanche CC build that I rarely use outside of Sorties.

22_K_Snow_Globe.png

What abilities are you using with this frost?  Snowglobe I see should work well with this build.  And your strength is nice and high but your efficiency seems low.  Are you able to spam avalanche?  Seems like your efficiency is low.  I usually run a higher efficiency and sacrifice strength for it.  That lets me spam snowglobes every few seconds to renew the globe and freeze and push enemies back while also spamming medium strength avalanche which helps a lot with crowd control.

Edited by (PS4)lupowolfen

1 hour ago, (PS4)lupowolfen said:

What abilities are you using with this frost?  Snowglobe I see should work well with this build.  And your strength is nice and high but your efficiency seems low.  Are you able to spam avalanche?  Seems like your efficiency is low.  I usually run a higher efficiency and sacrifice strength for it.  That lets me spam snowglobes every few seconds to renew the globe and freeze and push enemies back while also spamming medium strength avalanche which helps a lot with crowd control.

Now, the efficiency of this build is a tad bit lacking. It cost about 50 energy to cast a Globe and maybe 60 or so to cast an Avalanche. With that in mind, I'm using Zenurik, so energy isn't usually a problem for me. Avalanche only freezes enemies for a few seconds in this build as well. Energy Siphon is there to recover some energy while I'm hiding in my globe to protect my team or objective. When my Zenurik isn't active, I rely on energy drops from the enemies I'm killing until it kicks in. But once it does kick in and I start stacking Globes, nothing can get past 88K worth of Globes. 

Now, I found this build works really well with my setup and in most situations: Survival, Mobile Defense, Defense, Excavations... basically 75% of the game. But there are rare times when I actually need to use CC instead of hiding in my Globe while picking things off with my Synoid Simulor, and that's when my 2nd build comes in. If you want to use this build to it's full potential, it would probably be a good idea to have Zenurik.