The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Isnt The Necromanser Warframe Coming Out :(

veverko

I hate the idea of summoners and necros in general. I'd have voted for a berserker frame, something in between the excalibur and the rhino.

A bear themed frame. Because bears are cool, and because I want excuses to say bearframe.

No matter how much you guys are asking for cat and other animal themed warframes I'm sure it will never happen. Why? Because it doesn't match the game's original style at all.

Edited by Ax0r

Regardless of whether it was design council or not, it serves as a fairly accurate representation of how much the paying population wanted. I don't really think there would be any difference in desire for certain frames based on whether the people voting paid or not, so it's not that big a difference when it comes to public demand, at all.

To add to that, I abstained from voting ;)

What kind of statistics are you using? lol

Cyme, on 12 Jun 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

No magic in this game please.

Why are you ignoring the classic zombie concept of a virus or the obvious sci fi concept of nano tech and machine parts re-animating bodies?

Cyme, on 12 Jun 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

No matter how much you guys are asking for cat and other animal themed warframes I'm sure it will never happen. Why? Because it doesn't match the game's original style at all.

And yet Rhino frames only barely look like a rhino aesthetically but showcase their theme well enough.

Edited by Ronyn

Have you been playing a different game? Sh*t loads of 'magic' already in game.

A sci-fi game set years in the future where people use plasma weapons and small keys than can allow access to the void. I am sure a suit that can spit out ice wouldn't be a problem to create. Bottom line is that it isn't "magic" but very advance science.

Antimatter won by 50 votes that's why. Necro may be left in the wings but really, Necromancy doesn't fit well in the Tenno universe I mean is it a frame that utilizes Technocite?

doesn't matter, if the whole population of players got to vote then it would have turned out a lot differently. Also a Warframe that has powers to make explosions doesn't sound very cool in my opinion. You're meant to be Ninjas, not Rambo.

doesn't matter, if the whole population of players got to vote then it would have turned out a lot differently. Also a Warframe that has powers to make explosions doesn't sound very cool in my opinion. You're meant to be Ninjas, not Rambo.

I can rebuke this with the fact that all of Rhino's powers are meant for Rambo-like tactics.

But personally I don't question, I just play.

In my opinion, DE should change the backstory so that they are simply "advanced battlesuits", not 'ninja-themed' battlesuits. This would open up a whole new degree of freedom and less forum rage over what "fits in" and what doesn't.

I can rebuke this with the fact that all of Rhino's powers are meant for Rambo-like tactics.

But personally I don't question, I just play.

In my opinion, DE should change the backstory so that they are simply "advanced battlesuits", not 'ninja-themed' battlesuits. This would open up a whole new degree of freedom and less forum rage over what "fits in" and what doesn't.

the whole game is about being space ninjas so it isn't surprising. If they change it from being ninja themed then it won't be warframe anymore. Being a ninja is one of the main focuses of the gameplay. Also Rhino is meant to be a "tank" based frame, be more of a threat to enemies so they'll concentrate on him while teammates mow em down. At least if rhino uses his powers it won't get the alarm sounded straight away so he is capable of stealth, meanwhile with explosive guy/girl the alarm will sound the moment his/her powers are used so if you're trying to be a ninja you can't use any of his/her abilities. Is the gender confirmed for this thing? Either way stop defending it just because we disagree, I personally have preference of the Hawk frame to be honest,

Edited by Dude7790

i have to say, some of the warframes have some hints of animal designs to it especially the helm/headgear... like excalibur... it looks more like a rhino than the rhino warframe...the banshee warframe reminds me of alien or a triceratops....loki looks like a hammershark. saryn looks like some sort of reptilian...thing....lets see....what else.. ah yes! ash looks like some sort of insectoid, and frost (original skin) the headgear just almost reminds me of some type of crab (theres even a deviantart on it) nyx's alternative helm looks like some insectoid as well. which is why it is absolutely possible for there to be animal themed warframes (just that it will be really subtle/not that noticeable).

EDIT: Ah yes, forgot ember, shes like a chicken? i guess? hahahas.....sorry for the ember fans......i dont have any animal associations for trinity, vauban and volt....maybe for volt... an electric eel-ish? like probably this:

moray_eel_big.jpg

i dont know....

Edited by VoidWraith

the whole game is about being space ninjas so it isn't surprising. If they change it from being ninja themed then it won't be warframe anymore. Being a ninja is one of the main focuses of the gameplay. Also Rhino is meant to be a "tank" based frame, be more of a threat to enemies so they'll concentrate on him while teammates mow em down. At least if rhino uses his powers it won't get the alarm sounded straight away so he is capable of stealth, meanwhile with explosive guy/girl the alarm will sound the moment his/her powers are used so if you're trying to be a ninja you can't use any of his/her abilities. Is the gender confirmed for this thing? Either way stop defending it just because we disagree, I personally have preference of the Hawk frame to be honest,

Eh, either way I wont say anything about this guy until he's released.

Who knows? He may not have (as many) explosive powers as we thought...

He may just vaporize stuff, kind of like Dethcube.

Based on what I was hearing, Burdframe seemed to be on the rage (at least to the people who I talked to anyways...), your like the 7th one :>

Because we voted, and Antimatter was given the highest number of votes. Personally I'm happy about this as I'm not really interested in a Necromancer warframe. 

If you're unhappy about this to a great extent, then get on the Design Forums :)

I fail to see how the amount of disposable income invalidates one person's opinions over another's.

The amount of people in council was a more than large enough sample size of the community, and seeing that they're the ones making DE money then it's only fair that they get to choose what's coming next.

i have to say, some of the warframes have some hints of animal designs to it especially the helm/headgear... like excalibur... it looks more like a rhino than the rhino warframe...the banshee warframe reminds me of alien or a triceratops....loki looks like a hammershark. saryn looks like some sort of reptilian...thing....lets see....what else.. ah yes! ash looks like some sort of insectoid, and frost (original skin) the headgear just almost reminds me of some type of crab (theres even a deviantart on it) nyx's alternative helm looks like some insectoid as well. which is why it is absolutely possible for there to be animal themed warframes (just that it will be really subtle/not that noticeable).

EDIT: Ah yes, forgot ember, shes like a chicken? i guess? hahahas.....sorry for the ember fans......i dont have any animal associations for trinity, vauban and volt....maybe for volt... an electric eel-ish? like probably this:

moray_eel_big.jpg

i dont know....

Saryn is a poisonous plant.

Have something Yuikami drew

zo2_zps3e4ca49d.jpg

Not people voted... Founders voted... big difference when it comes to public demand ^^

Founders are people so you argument is invalid.

would be cool to possess Greneer's dead bodies and use them as meat shields :D

i votet vor necro aswell :s

antimatter is so "here comes the boom"

but i think DE will make it good as mostly

who said i would be magic? when i hear Necromancer in Warframe i think of a very awkward looking Warframe that uses that Techno virus thingy to create infected at his/her orders

to the 3 people i just quoted: one reason AR/M won is because who wants more persistent bodies from the necro that will end up lagging the game for everyone? i dont that for sure. with that being said i voted for earth because i would like another tanky frame that interacted with other frames or has still like warmachine with a gatling gun that costed energy.

then why do we have half of the frames we have? if we where ment to be ninjas then we would only have loki and ash maybe banshee, because we all know fire is super sneaky. warframe are just that suits made for WAR. some are made for assassination while others are used for direct assaults.