Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Abilities Do You Think Should Be Reworked?

AnOldAlias

excals slash dash to be pretty much exactly like atlas punching spree. string together 3 slash dash's and the third one would have some kind of aoe knock down that would look cool. also the cost of the power would have to be reduced as well. i thought i heard DE mentioning this long time ago in a dev stream after atals was released. am i remembering falsy?

Mesa shooting gallery could do with a twerk as in rather it leaves mesa and passes on to another player the buff should be cloned or something along those lines.

Shooting gallery just seems so poor for a damage up buff that lasts about 4~5 seconds when in a team, I think having it stick to mesa would be a great improvement for her

when it comes to team play.

two that come to mind immediately would be 

chroma's #1 (team elemental buff to all damage output, like rhino's roar)

rhino's #1 (i'm not sure how to change it, but I RARELY use it and almost never see other players using it, where roar and iron skin are used all the time.  stomp is a good CC ability, btw)

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

There are way too many abilities that need tweek/rework to be listed.

But the most important ones in my opinion are :

Bladestorm

Prism

Tesla

Chroma's first and fourth abilities

The 2 first because they're overly broken and the 3 last because they're uuuuuseless

(And I don't take volt & mag in consideration since they're already being reworked)

Where is bladestorm broken?

My thoughts:

Mesa: Ballistic Battery needs to last for several shots, not just one all-or-nothing shot. Shooting Gallery scales poorly in groups since it bounces around, and Peacemaker needs to let you move and override the auto-target for priority enemies/headshots

Valkyr: Rip Line as a movement Utility is good (Parkour 2.0 hasn't invalidated it completely, my example: Agility Moon test) but I'd like to see in improved for enemy use. Warcry needs to let you reapply before it ends so you can maintain the slow CC, and Paralysis needs to last longer and let you trigger stealth finisher damage like Prism/Radial Blind/Desiccate/practically every other stunning ability in the game. Hysteria needs more risk, whether it means replacing the damage immunity with high resistance or tying duration to maintaining kills/combos and/or ALWAYS taking the damage from absorbed hits (rather than only if you leave hysteria with an enemy still in range) and holding of the healing until the skill ends to offset the damage taken.

Zephyr: Tailwind and Divebomb need to be rolled into a single skill, and her floaty-ness passive probably needs a rework

21 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

Where is bladestorm broken?

I don't know, High finisher damage ? Very high bleeding damage ? 18 target per cast & melee multiplier applied to the damage ? Oh maybe it's because he's fully immortal while doing all this, or just the fact it's ALL THESE combined in 1 ability, and that it makes all of ash's ability useless.

11 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I don't know, High finisher damage ? Very high bleeding damage ? 18 target per cast & melee multiplier applied to the damage ? Oh maybe it's because he's fully immortal while doing all this, or just the fact it's ALL THESE combined in 1 ability, and that it makes all of ash's ability useless.

His other abilities just arent on the same level and his ultimate is not active enough but is it overpowered? No

1 minute ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

His other abilities just arent on the same level and his ultimate is not active enough but is it overpowered? No

His other abilities are great but the ultimate make them all useless because it IS overpowered.

What's the point of throwing shuriken / teleporting / being invisible if pressing 4 cost you 25 energy, grant you immortality and one-shot (or almost) up to 18 enemies in a giant area

It's overpowered + boring + against any kind of teamplay (because of all the backstabbed enemies being immune during the animation)

And it doesn't even require power strength to be this overpowered, you can just play with overextended and still destroy everything

I really, really like Volt...

But Overload is just not that effective (of course in low rank missions, but this stuff doesn't count. DUH).

Although there's a augment it makes it a little bit more useful, but unfortunately not better!

Also Oberon deserves somthing better. He's ok, but not very good.

5 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

His other abilities are great but the ultimate make them all useless because it IS overpowered.

What's the point of throwing shuriken / teleporting / being invisible if pressing 4 cost you 25 energy, grant you immortality and one-shot (or almost) up to 18 enemies in a giant area

It's overpowered + boring + against any kind of teamplay (because of all the backstabbed enemies being immune during the animation)

And it doesn't even require power strength to be this overpowered, you can just play with overextended and still destroy everything

1. It kills many enemies insanely slow because it is like 1 by 1 (+2 clones) 

2. The combo counter scaling is a very poor scaling and falls off fast 

3. It kills single high level targets insanely slow because of the flat damage which is only increased by the combo counter 

4. If you would not be invincible you would instantly die at high levels when using this 

Summary: Bladestorm kills too slow for low and mid levels and does less damage for high levels to be efficient.. Bladestorm is literally one of the most unefficient abilities, i can outdamage any mr21 ash i met yet on draco with a lvl 0 chroma, i can outdamage ash in any sortie, hell a mr21 with ash p said i am a cheater because he didnt see a single enemy in the sortie 3 defense and was telling that we should let him kill something..

Chroma changes I feel are needed in references towards his passive and abilities:

Spoiler

DE currently has his passive set as his elemental types being decided by his energies color scheme.

I feel that needs to be altered into possibly an Elemental resistance when encountered with active element or A temporary buff on contact with the same active element type.

^This being similar to energy cracks in the moon tiles sets, just without having to wall latch, just by standing on one of those Ice/Fire "ponds" and etc.  

ALSO

I feel his needs 3 things added:

• 1) Ivaras arrow alternating mechanic. Minor changes though:

-1st, The arrow markers would have to be altered to basic elemental markers (Fire/ Ice/ Toxic/ Electricity)

-2nd, The buffs would have to either:

Be erased and the timer nulled and on recast the new element buff is used

OR 

The previous element buff remains until the initial timer ends if not re-casted OVER by the new element.

• 2) Focusing on his range, best would be an addition of the Ignis buff. Even with max range mods neither of his 1st (Spectral Scream) or 2nd (Elemental Ward) abilities reach farther than the distance of a hug.

^This would really allow more people that enjoy a more supportive role to really use him in that manner and have his buffs suitable for the squad more over himself.

• 3) and Last but certainly not least, I would greatly advise his 4th (Effigy) to be toggled into two versions:

-1st version may remain as is, that being its Sentinel form fixed onto defending one location...

-2nd version would be after activating the sentinel and pressing the 4th ability key a second time, instead of the effigy returning to his original state as it does now, the pelt merges back to chromas location but with its wings still active and enters a more dragonic flight mode. (Similar to the same cinematic mechanic when the AW is launched)

This would be implementing the archwing mechanics(I guess) just with more boundaries as far as the walls and other obstacle's and etc. The only dps firing devise available would be the spectral scream and CC Roar the effigy applies. Both the 1st ability key + Firing key would be the only available for usage. (No weapons allowed) 

If either the elemental ward (2nd) or the Vex armor (3rd) were active before the DM (Dragon mode) was put into play, they would remain functioning until the end of their individual timers, same as they are now.  

Obvious ones i can think of that need a rework or change (Not going to mention volt or mag cause they are getting reworked already)

Vaubon Bounce: No need when you have Parkour 2.0 and his other ability's are just much better

Banshee Soundquake: This one not as much as the others but seriously you die so quickly as banshee so why make one of her ability's make it so she is motionless?

Mesa Ballistic Battery: Just why is this a thing?

Ash Teleport: Does anyone even use this?

Excaliber Slash Dash: As someone said before me this should work more like atlas one punch

Hydroid: like everything hydroid

Limbo: Hate his rift

Mirage Sleight of hand: I like this ability but I dont really see a use for it 

Nezha: Blazing Chakram: I just think that this ability should seek out and hit other enemies if it hits one to begin with

Nova Null star: Really not useful at all in high level missions

Oberon Renewal and Hallowed grounds: Could be better dont know how i would make these better tho

Zephyr Dive Bomb: I see no real reason to use this

Wukong Iron Jab and Cloudwalker: Iron jab i think could be better with a combo and cloudwalker i think is too slow to be usefull

But these are just my opinions. tell me what you think?

4 minutes ago, PrototypeXD said:

Mirage Sleight of hand: I like this ability but I dont really see a use for it 

Well in a rescue mission it keeps the wardens from activating the alarms :/ that's interesting

4 minutes ago, PrototypeXD said:

Ash Teleport: Does anyone even use this?

Great use for capturing targets when you get a good line of sight

Oh Boy this is gonna be a long list

• Ash
    1. Shuriken : keep
    2. Combine smoke screan and teleport : it would only perform the teleport if aiming at enemie and killing it would do a normal smoke screan
    3. create something new xD
    4. Blade Storm : Give it some LOVE

• Atlas
  1. Its all fine by me

•  Banshee
  1. Give her some love, do something to sound quake

• Chroma
  1. Spectral Scream for sure
  2. Effigy : let it fly around, its a chromatic dragon -_-

• Ember
  1. Fireball : make it create a fire ground like frost does with is 1st

• Equinox
  1. All fine dont touch him/her

• Excalibur
  1. Make Exalted blade actualy intereact with radial blind and radial javelin
  2. Extra cost for the same blind as mirage prism
  3. Extra cost for the ravelin but it gains punch trhough

• Frost
  1. Reworked  resently all fine in my opinion

• Hydroid
  1. Just combine tidal and undertow, and create something fitting for the space pirate frame, besides the tentacles from the "kraken"

• Inaros
  1. All fine

• Ivara
  1. All fine

• Limbo
  1. For someone that can travel from the real to limbo, it doesnt look that interesting
  2. Combine rift walk and banish into one
  3. add aoe banish
  4. make enemies that enter cataclysm, be vulnerable taking increased damage ( because they forced thier way out of it, logic xD)

• Loki
  1. All Fine

• Mag
  1. Incoming rework

• Mesa
  1. Let me use her guns as weapons, instead of being a warframe turret

• Mirage
  1. Make Sleight of Hand, feel like its actual deadly traps, instead of armless empty water botles xD

• Nekros
  1. Combine desecrate and terrify, as a enemie is desecrates enemies may be scared
  2. create something to replace terrify, something more necromancer style

• Nezha
  1. All fine

• Nova
  1. Make Null star actualy create a star, instead of water drops

• Nyx
  1. Psychic bolts makes enemies become passive, almost like brainless puppets, draining energy

• Oberon
  1. Give this frame some love, make him feel like he is a actual druid ( all skills)

• Rhino
  1. All fine

• Saryn
  1. All fine

• Trinity
  1. All Fine?

• Valkyr
  1. For something called Paralysis, it doesnt look like its doing that much of its job, slows more that anything else

• Vauban
  1. Tesla and Bounce

• Volt
  1. Incoming rework

• Wukong
  1. All fine

• Zephyr
  1. Combine tail wind and dive bomb
  2. create something more windy ( out of ideas xD)

Disclaimer this is my personal opinion.

2 hours ago, (PS4)satsukixpenny said:

I'd like to see well of  on Trinity reworked some how or be replaced with a damaging attack. Maybe well of life is now a little pool that if enemies are caught in they get their health zapped. 

Nah, the solution for that is easy. Either turn it into a lifesteal skill that Trin can cast onto allies like the elemental augments or add a damage mitigation aura akin to Ancient Healers to the target additionally to the heal, so you can create localized blessings.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

There are a lot abilities that should get reworked, but I will list the abilities that could make the gameplay  better for my playstyle:

1.- Nyx - Phychic Bolts: I get that maybe they work if you can't afford a Chaos cast, but it works worst than mind control which cost lest energy. This is an ability I barely use when I play Nyx. For me, it would be nice if Phychic bolts at least had a synergy with mind controlled objectives, something like increasing the amount of damage they do for 1.3X each time you cast Phychic bolts on a mind controlled enemy. Maybe, to buff the ability itself, it could deal puncture procs (which reduce the damage the affected unit can deal) 

2.-Ash - Teleport: I would like it to simply work like itzals Blink. That way, it could be used to attack or to dodge letal attacks. 

3.- Atlas - Rumblers: this could be a simple QoL change, they would remain as they are now, but instead of just casting them, you have to target an enemy, and depending on your power range, Rumblers attack the group near the selected objective. That way, they could deal heavy CC to important units and avoid attacking trash mobs or running into nullifier bubbles.

4.- Atlas - Tectonics: I would add: 
-more HP to scale into endgame. 
-A synergy with Landslide. If you attac a tectonic wall with landslide, it would destroy the wall throwing the shards in a cone of 40º and dealing the current damage (with combo counter) of landslide + the amount of HP lost by Tectonic.

5.-Hydroid - Tempest Barrage:  I would increase the radius of the ability, would increase the base duration and would add a bit of utility for team-mates. The utility could be that if you stand under the Tempest Barrage, it could clean you from elemental or physical procs.

6.-Volt - Shock: I would like if you use shock on different enemies 5 times in less than 10 seconds. it could chain them stunning them for 5 seconds and dealing the damage it usually does, but multiplied by 2.5 for each enemy chained.  (I like DPS electric abilities) 

7.-Ash - Shuriken: I like his shuriken ability, specially with the augment mod, I think this ninja frame should have more tools. So I would like to give him something similar to Ivaras Quiver. But with only 3 options:
-Shuriken as it is.
-Gas Bomb (literally gas) 
-Blind landmine.

8.-Chroma - Spectral Scream: It has too many drawbacks, I think I would simply increase the base damage, increase the range and make it scale with your Vex Armor stats.

I could continue, but the text is long enough lol.

Edited by (PS4)BrutalReaper32