The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

rank 11 test needs adjustment

bitbucket

11 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

After seeing these threads pop up after the update, I decided to try the updated version in the Simulacrum.

Yep, you are just soooo much better than all the others who posted threads saying they are having issues....

1 hour ago, Noamuth said:

How is this test hard?

Considering that we had someone complaining about the MR 8 Test a day or so ago, another a few weeks back, we have Youtube videos showing how to do each one, we can train to do them in the Sanctuary... I'm starting to think those are Troll Threads.

10 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Considering that we had someone complaining about the MR 8 Test a day or so ago, another a few weeks back, we have Youtube videos showing how to do each one, we can train to do them in the Sanctuary... I'm starting to think those are Troll Threads.

Looking at the OP's behavior, I'm gonna have to agree with this being a troll topic. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

another one updated? it's almost like DE don't want you to reach higher MR ranks...

I just used Loki and a Soma prime. 200 chances to hit an orb with an agile frame. was pretty easy. I'd still say the test for MR19 is the hardest; a really bad stealth mission where you can't use powers.

MRr8 and MR19 are the only tests I failed.  MR19 was because I went in thinking I could use stealth via 'frame or pet the first time and the second failure was due to a bug that let enemies see me through the walls.  MR8 was just bugged and I couldn't stick to the last two walls.

When I have internets, I'm going to try the new MR tests - I'm hearing that they're actually easier these days. 

21 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

MRr8 and MR19 are the only tests I failed.  MR19 was because I went in thinking I could use stealth via 'frame or pet the first time and the second failure was due to a bug that let enemies see me through the walls.  MR8 was just bugged and I couldn't stick to the last two walls.

When I have internets, I'm going to try the new MR tests - I'm hearing that they're actually easier these days. 

I failed because the respawns are terrible. if I failed, I wouldn't always go back to the start, I'd sometimes, literally respawn in front of an enemy. HOW are you supposed to avoid that, you know?  ridiculous.

Use a hitscan weapon with a large clip, preferably semi-auto. Lex Prime specced for clip/ROF/reload works beautifully. Vaykor Marelok, too. Practice on a relay until you feel confident. There's no problem with tests being tricky if you can practice them before attempting qualification. And I'm saying this as someone who cleared it on console back when aiming options and test practice didn't exist. You think it's hard now? Try playing the PS4 version of the test from U15.

1 hour ago, _Undyne_ said:

Why you don't want any difficult, or you casual?

Game is VERY easy, but you always want more easier. Stap, this game not for casual players.

That is a horrible argument.

Edit: Ah, I see, you're frustrated by the parkour aspect, not the targeting. Looks like the other posters have already given some good suggestions, though. Good luck.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

58 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

another one updated? it's almost like DE don't want you to reach higher MR ranks...

I just used Loki and a Soma prime. 200 chances to hit an orb with an agile frame. was pretty easy. I'd still say the test for MR19 is the hardest; a really bad stealth mission where you can't use powers.

Oh? I had no trouble with that one. I did two practice runs, failed the first because I didn't know it would be stealth, and completed the second run perfectly with Rakta Cernos. You can easily kill the enemies from outside their sight range with any silent weapon, then casually trot through and extract the hostage.

Use a hitscan weapon with a large clip, preferably semi-auto. Lex Prime specced for clip/ROF/reload works beautifully. Vaykor Marelok, too. Practice on a relay until you feel confident. There's no problem with tests being tricky if you can practice them before attempting qualification. And I'm saying this as someone who cleared it on console back when aiming options and test practice didn't exist. You think it's hard now? Try playing the PS4 version of the test from U15.

1 hour ago, _Undyne_ said:

Why you don't want any difficult, or you casual?

Game is VERY easy, but you always want more easier. Stap, this game not for casual players.

That is a horrible argument.

lol, nice responses:

i did it with 45 seconds to spare with my fat, slow frame, hobbled key and single shot sniper rifle... dude!

what's the problem?  it looks easy

git gud, casual!

I hope when you guys become frustrated by some aspect of the game, the community treats you just as thoughtfully and helpfully :P

(btw OP, MR11 test is all about parkour 2 skills, so looking them up and  practicing them is helpful.  also you can use your powers on the test, so a nezha or nova's teleport skills come in handy.  remember to practice in the upstairs of any relay until you're beating the test before you take it.  you can practice as often as you want.  i had difficulty with the test also and i was happy to get it behind me) 

18 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

lol, nice responses:

i did it with 45 seconds to spare with my fat, slow frame, hobbled key and single shot sniper rifle... dude!

what's the problem?  it looks easy

git gud, casual!

I hope when you guys become frustrated by some aspect of the game, the community treats you just as thoughtfully and helpfully :P

(btw OP, MR11 test is all about parkour 2 skills, so looking them up and  practicing them is helpful.  also you can use your powers on the test, so a nezha or nova's teleport skills come in handy.  remember to practice in the upstairs of any relay until you're beating the test before you take it.  you can practice as often as you want.  i had difficulty with the test also and i was happy to get it behind me) 

Im frustrated by NULLIFIERS and nobody does anything!!

But the important is, OP, you can do it, just try and try and try and try again.

Also everybody knows that is important to have Loki or Nova in your inventory. Loki for annoying missions, quicks missions, Crowd Control (with his syndicate mod), future hard events, etc. And Nova for Defenses, very armored enemies, every infested missions.

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

9 hours ago, bitbucket said:

This test is just plain stupid....

Quick google search shows tons of people struggling with the UPDATED version.

I ran it once with Limbo before I did it for real, and failed simply because I was wasting time on shooting orbs rather than getting to the finish. Ran it again (for real) with my Equinox and a braton, had 30+ seconds left first time.

I fail to see the difficulty...

Just ran the test in the relay. the test itself is pretty simple. here's a guide for you.

Recommended Weaponry: any automatic weapon, preferable with a large clip and fast reload speed. Hitscan is also recommended. weapon damage doesn't matter as long as you can hit the orb. The test was easy even with a MK1-Braton. you can add Ammo Drum, Magazine Warp, Fast Hands, Shred, Speed Trigger, Split chambers to make it even easier.

Recommended Frame: Test was passed using an unmodded Excalibur, with no powers used. if you're struggling with movement, you can use Zephyr tailwind to gain vertical altitude or Wukong cloud walker for precision movement. for any other frame, use any mod that improves bullet jump or aim glide ( Firewalker, Lightninght Dash, Piercing Step, Rending Turn,Toxic Flight, Ice Spring, Mobilize, Patagium, Stealth Drift)

Map:

ufM5EiF.jpg

Red: The first part is pretty straight forward. if you see a red orb, shoot it and move to the next platform. inital 2 ledges get higher and higher, so you can either time your double jump, or bullet jump to the next platform. the 4th platform is abit far so run to the edge of 3rd platform, jump and aimglide to the 4th. then just continue on.

Green: This is the tricky part. you need to stand on the platform as it slowly rises. this is where having an automatic weapon makes things easier. shoot all the red orbs that spawn and you should be fine.

Yellow: there are technically 2 paths you can take. if you take the left path (you go up) its slightly faster but there are less red orbs. take this path if you still have plenty of time left. otherwise take the longer path.

Blue: This is where aimglide comes into play. shoot red orbs, then aimglide to the next platform. if you have more than 10 seconds remaining, you can just ignore the red orbs and just rush to the end.

Hope this helps.

Edited by 321agemo
colour coded for clarity. and some grammatical error.

I was around when the old Mastery Tests were in the game. Since the revamp, I've gone through each and every test up to my current rank, just to see what is different and I can honestly say that the new Mastery 11 test is easier than the old one, which was already pretty easy in its time. How can people be struggling with this? Seriously? It's just running, jumping and shooting. Be grateful you didn't have to do these tests with the ghastly Parkour 1.0 movement system.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

I was around when the old Mastery Tests were in the game. Since the revamp, I've gone through each and every test up to my current rank, just to see what is different and I can honestly say that the new Mastery 11 test is easier than the old one, which was already pretty easy in its time. How can people be struggling with this? Seriously? It's just running, jumping and shooting. Be grateful you didn't have to do these tests with the ghastly Parkour 1.0 movement system.

Here's the thing tho, the people complaining about these MR tests never did the parkour 2.0 tutorial, and still by this day run everywhere when in a mission

Speaking as someone who spent some time fumbling half the jumps on the first part of the course whilst attempting it with Rhino and Tigris, I completely sympathise, but the best option is just to practice.

(Getting Zephyr and a Mk-1 Braton helped, too. But mainly practice.)

Edited by ardentArcane

On 4/20/2016 at 5:04 PM, tworivers said:

If I can do it then most everyone can because I am not that good so keep at it until you get it right. The test is to see if you are a worthy Tenno and if you do not pass the test well....

Exactly what does this test or any of them do other then drive out the casual players and their $$.