Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, please change the patterns on Banshee's Soprana skin's clothes to Accents

Senoinya

The skin is an absolute nightmare to color, and I quickly realized why this is.

There is almost no way to make what looks good on the face and upper legs also look good on the patterns on the clothes, which, for some reason, are both crammed into Tertiary while Accents is left with absolutely nothing except the little buttons on her legs and some pixels on her forehead.

For the sake of customization, I suggest you change this.

Here are pictures for reference, in which I use red to highlight what is and isn't affected by both Tertiary and Accents:

EDIT: hang on... Warframe forums messed up the spoilers, trying to fix it.

EDIT 2: ... Apparently you can't do two separate spoilers anymore. GG warframe forums. Guess I'll just post direct links then rather than images.

Tertiary:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=669688345

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=669688376

Accents:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=669688280

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=669688313

Edited by Valsako
Forums can't handle them dual spoilers

15 hours ago, StickyBaseline said:

Not much at all went right with this skin, such a loss in potential :(

I feel I have to agree. I don't really hate the skin... But I do wish the clothing actually looked like torn fabric as it did in the concept art, and that the arm looked more robotic like it was supposed to. Honestly, it confuses me why this one skin differed so much from the concept art.

Saryn Orphid, Rhino Palatine, and Trinity Strega all look almost exactly like the concept art, if not a perfect drawing to model implementation. Yet this... The suit originally had a different color on the arms but now it's all one solid color, the patterns somewhat changed, the fabric changed to rubber, she got heavier, the head is bigger, the arm is less robotic, the back isn't torn, the wires are gone, and it just overall looks meh.

Why, DE? Why? How can you perfectly implement those three, but then you butcher this one?

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:45 PM, Valsako-EN- said:

I feel I have to agree. I don't really hate the skin... But I do wish the clothing actually looked like torn fabric as it did in the concept art, and that the arm looked more robotic like it was supposed to. Honestly, it confuses me why this one skin differed so much from the concept art.

Saryn Orphid, Rhino Palatine, and Trinity Strega all look almost exactly like the concept art, if not a perfect drawing to model implementation. Yet this... The suit originally had a different color on the arms but now it's all one solid color, the patterns somewhat changed, the fabric changed to rubber, she got heavier, the head is bigger, the arm is less robotic, the back isn't torn, the wires are gone, and it just overall looks meh.

Why, DE? Why? How can you perfectly implement those three, but then you butcher this one?

They went for the sound theme, and not the actual theme of A BLOODY BANSHEE FROM FOLKLORE.

On 6/20/2016 at 9:45 PM, (XB1)Woofsie said:

They went for the sound theme, and not the actual theme of A BLOODY BANSHEE FROM FOLKLORE.

Well, for one, this is a fairly old post. Secondly, this post never said anything about making it match folklore, I was only talking about how the model largely differed from the concept art that I found to be (and still find to be) much better. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine, but this is kind of a dead subject anyway, honestly.

3 hours ago, Valsako-EN- said:

Well, for one, this is a fairly old post. Secondly, this post never said anything about making it match folklore, I was only talking about how the model largely differed from the concept art that I found to be (and still find to be) much better. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine, but this is kind of a dead subject anyway, honestly.

Sorry, I just had to vent and this is the first thing I saw.

• 2 months later...

I came here looking for comments on the Banshee Soprana accent color, because I feel the exact same way. Why such little effect on the accent tinting? It's more than a little disappointing on what's supposed to be a deluxe skin.

In the end, I suppose this is just an echo chamber and DE have no plans to take this criticism into consideration. I'll still use the skin until default Banshee is PBR'd.

35 minutes ago, Geraaltix said:

I came here looking for comments on the Banshee Soprana accent color, because I feel the exact same way. Why such little effect on the accent tinting? It's more than a little disappointing on what's supposed to be a deluxe skin.

In the end, I suppose this is just an echo chamber and DE have no plans to take this criticism into consideration. I'll still use the skin until default Banshee is PBR'd.

Considering I posted this back in April and it's now 5 months later and this is still a problem, I don't think it's going to get changed, ever. It's like the arms on the Nova Deluxe Skin - it's going to be there seemingly no matter how much criticism is given to it.

It's a shame, but I guess it's to be expected. "Don't like it? Don't buy it." as they say. Granted, there's no way to really easily know how little accents actually affects the skin and how hard to color it is until you buy it, but you know, that's beside the point.

Edited by Valsako-EN-

23 hours ago, Valsako-EN- said:

Considering I posted this back in April and it's now 5 months later and this is still a problem, I don't think it's going to get changed, ever. It's like the arms on the Nova Deluxe Skin - it's going to be there seemingly no matter how much criticism is given to it.

It's a shame, but I guess it's to be expected. "Don't like it? Don't buy it." as they say. Granted, there's no way to really easily know how little accents actually affects the skin and how hard to color it is until you buy it, but you know, that's beside the point.

Aye, if there's one thing DE never, ever listens to, it's art criticism. No matter how fair, how justified it is, their only response is to stick there fingers in their ears and sing obnoxiously. Model corrections sure, but criticism? Nope. Because artistic freedom is always an excuse I suppose.