Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How come Australia is never a setting?!

(PSN)zeratul____12

Really think about it, Australia has an interesting past, beautiful natural scenery and has pretty much every type of habitat and environment a developer could hope for, and....there's well over a hundred different species of animal, fish, reptile and insect that can kill you there, and almost all of them have some kind of poison or venom. 

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12

Australia, the country with people that gives zero S#&$ to some of the most dangerous wild animals on earth. A setting at Australia will be much worst than playing Dark Souls with your eyes and ears shut.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

The last continent (novel by Terry Pratchett) takes place in Fourecks, which is pretty much Australia 

But why would you want to set stuff in Aus when New Zealand is so much better?

Don't start with me! Besides when it comes to a video game you want the terrain to be interesting and dangerous, all New Zealand is cold, mountains, fields and sheep. There's nothing dangerous there.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Don't start with me! Besides when it comes to a video game you want the terrain to be interesting and dangerous, all New Zealand is cold, mountains, fields and sheep. There's nothing dangerous there.

I dunno, the Orcs are pretty dangerous. 

Well yeah there are animals here that can kill you... But that true for anywhere... A rat can kill you if it really tried or through diseases, a cow or horse can trample, a mosquito can kill through malaria. And heck, a majority of the animals here aren't even aggressive unless you're being an idiot.

Take away the misconception that Australia's a national sized coliseum it's just another place on the globe. It's just that most of the entertainment industry/market is either North Americans or Europeans, so hey, set it in a place they know best.

Bluebottle stings kinda hurt though. 1/10 would definitely listen to lifeguards.

13 hours ago, Valteria. said:

Australia, the country with people that gives zero S#&$ to some of the most dangerous wild animals on earth. A setting at Australia will be much worst than playing Dark Souls with your eyes and ears shut.

Yeah but if you really look at just how many Australia has its like God was too lazy and just decided to put them all here and made them all deadly as hell. Even the sun is trying to kill the people here

1 hour ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Yeah but if you really look at just how many Australia has its like God was too lazy and just decided to put them all here and made them all deadly as hell. Even the sun is trying to kill the people here

"Git gud" -  Level Jesus

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

5 hours ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Difficult : F*** God

6 hours ago, AlphaSierraMike said:

Well yeah there are animals here that can kill you... But that true for anywhere... A rat can kill you if it really tried or through diseases, a cow or horse can trample, a mosquito can kill through malaria. And heck, a majority of the animals here aren't even aggressive unless you're being an idiot.

Take away the misconception that Australia's a national sized coliseum it's just another place on the globe. It's just that most of the entertainment industry/market is either North Americans or Europeans, so hey, set it in a place they know best.

Bluebottle stings kinda hurt though. 1/10 would definitely listen to lifeguards.

I saw pictures, horrifying pictures.

I live in America. The most horrifying thing here is a house centipede. 

The internet told me you have giant spider crabs that climb over trash cans, and golden orb weavers.

Golden Orb Weavers. The name says everything. But if you want a visual representation, imagine a tree full of thirty spiders sizeable enough to eat small birds and tree snakes. Or ask Google, Google gave me all I needed. 

The internet is the only way I plan to pay any visits to Austrailia, unless I come packed with 30 different anti toxins and the spirit of the crocodile hunter protects me everywhere I go.Have you heard of the nope fish? It lives in the river of " f*** that", in the land of "never going there" - that might be a species On a different continent, but I'm sure Australia has a deadlier variant of it. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I saw pictures, horrifying pictures.

I live in America. The most horrifying thing here is a house centipede. 

The internet told me you have giant spider crabs that climb over trash cans, and golden orb weavers.

Golden Orb Weavers. The name says everything. But if you want a visual representation, imagine a tree full of thirty spiders sizeable enough to eat small birds and tree snakes. Or ask Google, Google gave me all I needed. 

The internet is the only way I plan to pay any visits to Austrailia, unless I come packed with 30 different anti toxins and the spirit of the crocodile hunter protects me everywhere I go.Have you heard of the nope fish? It lives in the river of " f*** that", in the land of "never going there" - that might be a species On a different continent, but I'm sure Australia has a deadlier variant of it. 

To be fair, I could've googled "raging moose", "elephant stampede", or "man attacked by a flock of birds" and gotten the same images that depicts animals being dangerous.

Unless you live in the wilderness or something, the most threatening animal you're going to encounter is probably a Cockroach or Daddy Long Legs, and maybe Magpies during mating season. And hey, most of them can be dealt with with a rolled up newspaper anyway and the rest won't even try to approach you unless you start disrespecting them.

18 hours ago, AlphaSierraMike said:

To be fair, I could've googled "raging moose", "elephant stampede", or "man attacked by a flock of birds" and gotten the same images that depicts animals being dangerous.

Unless you live in the wilderness or something, the most threatening animal you're going to encounter is probably a Cockroach or Daddy Long Legs, and maybe Magpies during mating season. And hey, most of them can be dealt with with a rolled up newspaper anyway and the rest won't even try to approach you unless you start disrespecting them.

You listed the lowest possible things you can encounter in Australian cities; there are Red Backs, Syndey Funnel-webs, Mouse Spiders and numerous snakes (Trust me if i was to list them you'd be here awhile).

I think the real fear is the fact that while the bug are easily dealt with, if they do bite you, you are in for a rough time or you'd be dead. As Australian venom tends to be extremely bad.

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12