Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to run Draco

Noir

Question

DRACO

Yes yes, I know many of you may disagree with the existence of Ceres Draco or simply dislike it, but in my opinion it is still the easiest way to obtain Affinity. This post is a guide to show you how to run this mission most effectively.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Speaking of Affinity, let me first explain how it works:

The Obvious-

Affinity (more easily identified as EXP) is what you obtain by killing enemies, completing objectives, or hacking consoles etc. (It is used to increase the levels on your gear)

What you want to know-

Affinity is channeled into your gear in this format:

Warframe: 25% of Affinity gained

Primary: 25% of Affinity gained

Secondary: 25% of Affinity gained

Melee: 25% of Affinity gained

How to make the most of this-

Knowing that all Affinity is distributed equally throughout your gear, you can equip limited amounts of items to maximize it forspecific items:

Example-

Warframe: 25%

Primary: 75%

What I did above was simply taking out the secondary and melee and BAM, you instantly get more affinity for the primary weapon. (You can do this with secondary or melee as well.)

Important Note:

You may be hyped right now knowing that you can level up weapons much faster by only equipping one item, but wait, there's a catch. You can only gain affinity for your weapons (no, Saryn doesn't count as a weapon in this case) if you use either a Primary, Secondary, or Melee to get the kills. If you decide to bring a cc frame like ember and demolish everything with her 4, no affinity will be sent to your other weapons.

What do I do now?

The best way to counter this downside is to bring one weapon that can actually kill enemies and another weapon solely for leveling purposes. (Unequip your sentinel or kubrow as well) In the end, what your loadout might look like is this:

Warframe (preferably a tanky frame like Inaros or Rhino for survivability): 25% affinity

Primary (your killing machine): 37.5% Affinity

*Skips Secondary

Melee (the thing you need to level up): 37.5% Affinity

--> (If you stay within 50 meters of your allies, any affinity they get from kills will go to you as well.)

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Taking it up a notch

All the information I posted above is for aggressively upgrading a specific weapon and also for when you run Ceres Draco with a random squad. If you want to take this to the next step, follow the information below~

MLG Team Draco

If you are running Draco with a squad of friends or people you know/you can talk to, consider doing the mission this way:

• At the begining of each wave, capture 3-4 towers to get a boost. After you see your interception percentage higher than the enemies, ignore 2 out of the 4 towers so it takes longer to complete and more enemies can spawn. I prefer to sustain only tower D and C because they are more centralized and any enemies killed are almost guaranteed to be within 50 meters.
  • As soon as you exit the elevator, you should notice two black(ish) boxes immediately to your right. Those boxes are your camping spot as the waves progress.

RJ Excal- Your Radial Javelin is the group's primary damage dealer. After you help capture a point, rush back to the black boxes and spam 3.

Frost- Your sole purpose is to protect your team from damage. After you help capture a point, rush back to the black boxes and keep your snow globe up.

EV Trinity- Your purpose, well, is to EV. After you capture a point, head back to the black boxes you found to the right of the elevator, stand on them, and spam 2.

I hope this guide helped you maximize your Draco experience as well as explained some of the mechanics relating to affinity.

Have a nice day!

Sources-

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

https://youtu.be/rhmFVIsu7s4 

Edited by iCoupe

27 minutes ago, kinein said:

most effectively

Corrosives, where is corrosive projections? 

Lets start from some definitions, games is made for fun. And EV trinity is MOST BORING WARFRAME BUILD EVER, just beacuse she cant do anythig expect spamming ev. By the way, EV works pretty well even on power+duration build, you just need to kill your victim with your weapon.
Next RJ Excalibur can damage only 12 targets at single time, and cant damage enemies behind covers if you dont spot them. 
Last - dead enemy deal no damage, so as long as you able to kill all those poor grineers Frost is not needed at all.

So your How-to-run-Draco guide may be titled as "How to die of boredom on Draco" because it boring and underpowered.

To reap all that focus from Draco more effective aoe damage needed. Mag or Ne'Zha - this two able to damage all enemies in radius regardless line of sight, weather conditions or will of God.
Trinity with powerfull enough weapon and proper build will be able to give you some damage reduction and energy, there is no point in pure EV trinity as long as you want play action game not a clicker.
If you add some speedy Nova to cell it will increase flow of enemies wich thereafter increase amount of affinity/focus gained per wave.
Last guy can just leech affinity. The only thing he needed to do is bring Corrosive Projection and dont die too often.

Also it is technicaly possible to farm S%^& out of Draco with NeZha or Mag with 3 leeching teammates - just bring some blight or enthropy weapon, 4XCorrosive Projection and Zenurik enregy regen.

Edited by Vifany

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I don't understand why ppl have a problem with Draco. Idk about you guys. But I don't have time running around casually leveling my weapons & frames? I like Draco & the opportunity it gives. I like to quickly level & forma my weapons & quickly jump right back to trying to farm for Ash bp or Loki sys. 

So I would appreciate if you guys stop shamming Draco. Don't like it? Stop acknowledging it. There are some of us that do appreciate it. There's always that one guy in a Draco thread that has something slick to say about it & I'm kinda getting tired of it.

It's a way for people to get from mr0 - 21 in less than a month, and that's a smack in the face to those of us who have put in a few thousand hours in the game to get to that point.  Sure it's a fantastic way to level, but I think if it was rank locked at about mr12 (same as syndicate primaries), then it would have more value to be there.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

So there are ppl that race to MR21. So? Not being disrespectful but since when ppl cared about others MR? There's nothing we can do about that. I'm MR18 & I'm not even racing to the highest MR available. It shouldnt be a smack to the face who put in more hours to get to the highest MR.

Ppl who put in more hours should feel like they accomplish a task for not only playing the game for MR. Be happy that you have more hours in the game & not because someone caught up to your MR with less time. Because either way. Both parties are here to stay because you both care so much about MR. I'm still not understanding the hate.

Back when the 2-3 year veterans started the game, the xp was much harder to get, and even we still attribute MR to some sort of time played in game.  Draco basically shatters any reason for MR to mean anything anymore, which then leads to entitled players just because they achieved a certain rank very quickly.  They think that they know everything there is to know, then their skills are absolutely terrible since they only know how to level.  That's part of the cancer spreading in this community, and draco just encourages it.  Granted I use Draco for xp myself, but I'm ok with that after being here for an ungodly amount of time to learn the game and all it has to offer.  Like I said, if it was rank locked, it might be less of an issue.

tl:dr - fast leveling encourages unnecessary ego in new players.

Edited by Firefly0037

Allow me to give some constructive criticism:

• You should make clear that the affinity general division comes only from Shared Affinity which is the affinity gained when someone else makes a kill. And it's 25% for the frame and 75% divided equally between the equipped weapons, which can be channeled into a single or 2 weapons instead of 25% to all three.
    • Shared Affinity includes kills that your allies do and objectives affinity awards (Spy Vault console hacking, Target Capturing, Interception point capture / domination etc.).
  • Which brings to a different way of gaining Affinity, your own kills, which will go 100% towards warframe in case of ability kill or weapon kills which will award 50% to the weapon used and 50% to the warframe, neglecting any other weapons that may be equipped.
  • Sentinels and Kubrows are in a different system, they do not affect how you gain affinity nor they steal from you. You don't share with them, which means you can't go on a killing spree to level them and (I need confirmation on this part) they don't share with you but receive from allies kills / objectives (Shared Affinity).
Edited by Manyc

You know that replacing Excal with max range crush mag with 4 corrosive projections is like, next level easy mode for leveling right?

Same team comp more or less.

Mag - Max range, power strength, natural talent reccomended but not needed.
Trin - EV spam

Frost - not needed, Mag can stay in the room under D and CC the whole map anyways, but can be used for either globes or Freeze Force if preferred.

4th doesn't matter too much. Can even be someone who needs to level a Warframe.

Then you just do 4 slow waves. Cap A and D, forget B and C. Only neutralize C and B if you need to gain a lead over the enemy.

Edit: Draco is part of the game until removed. I'm just reiterating what is so bad/effective about it.

One more edit: It also doesn't help that there's this bug with Mag that can be exploited. 

Edited by Gravalite

Just now, Epsik-kun said:

"fun" is relative. You'll be surprised how many people find rapid progression "fun".

Maybe, but still EV Trinity is underpowered, dumb and tedious. It can be more effective and ofer qucker progression with other builds.

Just now, Vifany said:

Maybe, but still EV Trinity is underpowered, dumb and tedious. It can be more effective and ofer qucker progression with other builds.

EV Trin is the single frame in the game that holds the power to break the system. I made myself a Trin simply to be able to do it too. And don't let "only 12 targets" and "LoS restrictions" fool you. RJ is by far the most effective AoE map clearing nuke in the game, due to its sheer range and speed. What supposed to balance that out is over the top energy consumption rate - and guess what factor EV Trin removes from the game.
For solo/casual play EV isn't a fun build, that's true. But when you run EV you run her in dedicated squads, you do it to break the rules and to do something that's usually impossible. Sounds pretty fun to me.

46 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

I am yet to see any of them performing at least on pair with RJ Excal at least once.

Excal with ideal build and 2 buffs\1+spdnova can do 1300-1500 kills per round, mag+4 cp or saryn+roar while sitting in da room under the D can hit 1700+ easily, all of this coz you don't need LoS for both spore and crush

you do it to break the rules

Wich rules? Like using Zenurik+Entropy? R u kidding me m8? Since Trin EV build became popular too much sources of free energy appeared. Just look at Limbo this f*&k renders you invulnerable, gives you additional energy regen - 2 u/s. With maxed Energy Overflow it will give you 6 enregy per second and invulnerability, invulnerability do you understand? Entropy will give you 50% of your base energy each proc and portion of heavy damage to enemies around you. 

RJ is by far the most effective AoE map clearing nuke in the game

Yup if each wave contains only 12 targets. Dont be fooled by wrong statistics and inertia of thinking. You still not able to kill enemies out of your LOS, so they need to come closer, furthermore they will block spawns. NeZha's and Mag's 4th does damage to all enemies - 12, 24, 48, 1488 you will damage all of them.

For example 50 weak enemies spawned. Nezha will consume 25e to deal 1200 damage to 50 enemies wich is 60k damage total per cast and 2400 dagmage per energu unit.  Ex wil deal near 1400 damage to 12 enemies (at best conditions) 16800 total per cast and 672 per energy point. Imagine enemies have 1400 hp at average. After 2 casts nezha will clear wave in cost of 50 energy and 2 seconds of time. Excal need 1 cast to kill 12 enemies so at least 5 casts to clear wave - 225 energy and near same 2 seconds if they miraculously teleport in your LOS. So RJ is slower, weaker, consume more energy, so desu.

Edited by Vifany

you only really profit from Draco if you either land a good squad in public (and the chances on that are Sketchy, to put it lightly), or if you run it with friends. you need 4 people for the most enemies and you need people who know what they're doing, even if it's just knowing when to push a button. if you're missing one of those things, you don't get draco's full benefit.

6 hours ago, Hekovashi said:

Nezha, saryn, mag->rj excal, especially saryn and mag, rj is just most known but basically less productive killer for draco

I've been in Draco squads as a rhino/buff with nezha, saryn and mag... all three work very well.   I think nezha has the best XP rate of any, but all of them get the job done, including RJ obviously.

6 hours ago, Kano said:

No idea why you wrote this big page when all people do is sit on draco and leech why would any of them need this info? also sad that you took the time out of your day to give tips on how to run draco.

kind of sad that you took time our of your day to be negative to OP who was trying to be helpful to other players :

1 minute ago, DrBorris said:

Don't forget that the best thing to do is to sit there and kill NOTHING because you get 75% of affinity from kills if someone else kills them and only 50% to your weapon if you kill them with your weapon. Leach away.

Real men don't leech.

Am i the only one around here who actually pubs it and rocks it with style?

1 minute ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

yes, you're the only 'real man' who puts multiple forma on a weapon and plays a useless weapon at levels 0-20 for days.  

the rest of us spend 10 minutes per forma in Draco and get a functional weapon in no time flat.  Then we go out and have fun with a fully forma ed weapon at level 30.

I guess real men are pretty stupid, right?

Lmfao you forma weapons as you all claim yet still suck at the game outside of leeching on draco Snm.

Just now, DeadlyPeanutt said:

yes, you're the only 'real man' who puts multiple forma on a weapon and plays a useless weapon at levels 0-20 for days.  

the rest of us spend 10 minutes per forma and get a functional weapon in no time flat.

I guess real men are pretty stupid, right?

While you get your weapon forma'd in "10 minutes" and be completely bored with the game, i actually play the game and get better (cuz of not standing around doing nothing) ;)

Real men ain't stupid. They just got honor and skill.