Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Prime Concept] Valkyr Prime: Jewel of the Orokin

PlantsaMan

[Tumblr Post Link] [Shaded Version]

valkyr_prime_by_theunawarething-da06qg1.

NOTE: I will not accept nor tolerate replies regarding Valkyr's lore and how "she was created by the Corpus". Her Gersemi Skin proves her existence before Alad V, and thus, I will consider it as canon, for this concept. This is your first, and only warning. 

"Precious like a gem, Hardened, like a diamond...

A herald of war... I present to thee, Valkyr."

I present to the forums: Valkyr Prime! 

Ever since I got her, she's quickly become my favorite Warframe to use. And with my artistic skills, I thought I would make a concept of her much-deserved Prime form.

Design Concepts: 

Spoiler

Valkyr Prime's model is mainly focused on her Gersemi Skin, as opposed to the regular Valkyr skin. This is due to the fact that her Gersemi form is the original Valkyr, the one that existed before Alad V began torturing her, and stripping her of her skin to make Zanuka.

The reason behind her unusal amount of gold accents is due to the meaning of the term "Gersemi". 

-----------

"Gersemi", in Norse mythology, was the beautiful daughter of Freya and Od. 

Her name means "riches" or "treasure", and in modern times, is mostly used to describe something precious or lovely.

-----------

As for the other half of her design, it was mostly based off the mineral "Chrysoberyl", or rather, one of its three varieties, "Cymophane"or more commonly,

chrysoberyl-cats-eye-gem_04.jpg

alexandrite_cats-eye.jpg

The Cat's Eye Jewel. 

Considering how Valkyr was always described and viewed as a cat, it only seems fitting that a precious jewel such as her should have gemstones such as these.

Energy Effects: 

I always believed that Valkyr's look was always heavily dependent on her energy color. So on the frame, Valkyr has a two-tone energy color, like Nezha. A more saturated, darker color for her gem, and a brighter energy color for her “lights” and “wings”. I was thinking of adding other two-tone color effects on her abilities, but I think DE can do that, if they ever decide to take my concept.

visual_effects___hysteria_by_theunawaret

These are Valkyr's energy effects when she is active, channeling, as well as using Hysteria.

Her effects for Hysteria are as such because I wanted to take some designs from her conceptual roots -- Valkyries. They were known to be heavily armored, so I decided to add the "armor" in when she was using Hysteria, as this was her signature ability.

Also, take note that I said active. I wanted Valkyr to have a non-static model, much like Rhino and Nova Prime. So, when she is idle, her shoulder "blades" fold up. And when she's active, it opens up, showing her "wings". Example (below): Nova Prime

latest?cb=20150206151207

I also intend to draw effects for when she uses Warcry, as well as a new model for Ripline. These will be added at a later date.

And of course, what every player is waiting for, Stat and Polarity Changes.

Stats: 

• Health: 100 > 150
  • Power: 100 > 125
  • Sprint: 1.10 > 1.25

Polarities: 

V.png X 2 >> V.pngX2 + D.pngX2

When I first posted my concept on Tumblr, people kept asking me, "Where's her increased armor value?" And to which I responded, "She doesn't need it."

Normally Prime frames get their best stats accentuated. I believe that is not the case with Valkyr. With over 1200 Armor with a Maxed Steel Fiber, as well as the boost from Warcry, she clearly does not need it. What she does need, is an increase in base health. With this, she's able to tank even more damage, as well as survive high-level Slash and Toxin procs.

I wanted her to have an increased power pool as well, because I always found myself unable to use both Warcry and Hysteria consistently, without using a Flow, or sacrificing Hysteria's duration with Fleeting Expertise. With this, the combo can be used much more efficiently than before.

As a Melee frame, Valkyr needs to close in on her opponents fast. I merely believed that an increase on her sprint speed would suffice.

As for her polarities, Two D / Vazarin polarities were the most logical for me, due to the fact that Vitality and Steel Fiber are mandatory for her. With these, she can be much easier to mod. And for me, it means I don't need to use Forma anymore

And that's it! I hope you folks like my designs, and if this gets enough attention, I plan on making concepts for Dual Zoren Prime, as well as Strun Prime! (I initially thought of making Tigris Prime, but we already have the Sancti Tigris, so I don't believe it's needed.) 

I also have plans on adding the Kyrja Prime Armor Set, as well as Kyrja Prime Elbow Armor! (As a replacement for Valkyr's Bonds. This can be used by Valkyr and Valkyr Prime only.)

If you have any feedback, please reply! It's much appreciated.

Edit: Added plans for Kyrja Prime Accessories, and replaced plans for Galatine Prime with Dual Zoren Prime.

Edit: Replaced Strun Prime plans for Tiberon Prime, and replaced Dual Zoren Prime with Venka Prime. Will also make a future redesign.

Edited by PlantsaMan
Added plans for Prime Accessories

Amazing. Simply amazing. Only critiques I can make is on the placement of gold, this would probably be too shiny, especially with all the gem action going on, so thinning the thicker bands of gold a little bit would probably benefit the design. Like, on the head and the thighs. I love the total concept, though.

" I will not accept nor tolerate replies regarding Valkyr's lore and how "she was created by the Corpus". Her Gersemi Skin proves her existence before Alad V, and thus, I will consider it as canon, for this concept. This is your first, and only warning. "

Ermm.. She is Orokin Made, and become Crazy after being captured and become Alad V Weird Experiments for Zanuka Project/ or become template for Zanuka Proxy... who the crazy guy say Corpus Made him.. -_- if they say Corpus make Her Crazy, i would accept it...

back to the topic, Looking good.. My Cats Goddess become Deadly Gold..

Edited by Blood_Poppy

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Looks nice, but there's a bit too much gold & gems IMO

Blasphemy! Everyone knows that you can never have too much bling, also you forgotten the most important thing: Fashion Frame is the True End-Game of warframe,

Edited by Culaio

33 minutes ago, Culaio said:

Blasphemy! Everyone knows that you can never have too much bling, also you forgotten the most important thing: Fashion Frame is the True End-Game of warframe,

You don't have to remind me that, but the thing is that this  valkyr concept looks more like a giant piece of jewelry than an actual combat platform

8 hours ago, Blood_Poppy said:

" I will not accept nor tolerate replies regarding Valkyr's lore and how "she was created by the Corpus". Her Gersemi Skin proves her existence before Alad V, and thus, I will consider it as canon, for this concept. This is your first, and only warning. "

Ermm.. She is Orokin Made, and become Crazy after being captured and become Alad V Weird Experiments for Zanuka Project/ or become template for Zanuka Proxy... who the crazy guy say Corpus Made him.. -_- if they say Corpus make Her Crazy, i would accept it...

back to the topic, Looking good.. My Cats Goddess become Deadly Gold..

Sir, if I may. I know her lore. 

Unfortunately, not many do. Many others persist that she was created by the Corpus. The warning is there to keep out people like you, who insist on correcting me on things regarding her lore.

I wouldn't make this concept if I didn't know it.

Damn... that is beautiful... It will be awhile until they even conceive of making a Valkyr Prime, but I hope to god they fallow through on your concept here. 

Also, Im a firm believer that the Gersemi Valkyr skin is the One True Valkyr, and that the normal one is the aftermath of Alad V's f***ery. Which annoys me that that is the only one we get without spending platinum.

*Jaw hits desk* That is absolutely gorgeous! It pains me that Valkyr Prime is 3 to 4 Prime frames away... I hope they keep this concept in mind when they eventually get around to her. My favourite aspects are the moving 'wings' and that increased health pool. Mmm... Yummy health pools...