Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy Problems

Vaticus

Question

I have recently started playing Warframe and I picked Excalibur. The game is really fun and I like it so far but it feels like I am run out of energy fast. Maybe I myself don't use it concretely but is there a mod that replenishes energy over time or make the enemy drop energy more often?

23 answers to this question

There is an aura called Energy Siphon that will appear on alerts rarely, or you can buy it in trade chat. It gives 0.6 (Or something around there) energy per second at max rank.

There are energy pad BPs in the marketplace, that will give 25 energy every time they activate, and they activate 4 times. (They only cost 25 polymer to build, and some Ferrite, you can buy larger ones from the Clan Dojo - 50 energy per activation, or from syndicates - 100 energy per activation)

There is also a mod called Rage, which you can try to farm for which converts damage to your health to energy.

Fourth thing is Health conversion or Energy conversion from Simaris, it would take awhile for a new player to get it, and don't ask me how it works, because I have never used it. These won't work - I was corrected below. 

EDITS: Bolded

Edited by PoisonHD

Just now, PoisonHD said:

There are energy pad BPs in the marketplace, that will give 25 energy every time they activate, and they activate 4 times. (They only cost 25 polymer to build, and some Ferrite)

Two of the Syndicates offer up the Large Energy Restore blueprints at Rank 3 and they restore 100 Energy per pulse for you and your team (if they are nearby).

Also keep in mind that abilities that use energy constantly (Valkyr's hysteria, Ivara's Prowl, Nezha's Fire Walker) do not gain energy from these pules, or abilities that give energy like Trinity's Energy Vampire (but you can still pick up energy orbs while the abilities are active).

36 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

There is an aura called Energy Siphon that will appear on alerts rarely, or you can buy it in trade chat. It gives 1.1 (Or something around there) energy per second at max rank.

There are energy pad BPs in the marketplace, that will give 25 energy every time they activate, and they activate 4 times. (They only cost 25 polymer to build, and some Ferrite, you can buy larger ones from the Clan Dojo, or from syndicates)

There is also a mod called Rage, which you can try to farm for which converts damage to your health to energy.

Fourth thing is Health conversion or Energy conversion from Simaris, it would take awhile for a new player to get it, and don't ask me how it works, because I have never used it.

some errors to correct:

- Energy Siphon regenerate 0.6 per second by itself at max rank, but every member of the party can use it and raise it amount to 2.4 in full squad (non-raid), even more if someone use Coaction Drift Tenno'ed by Hman745

- Health Conversion give +450 armor every health pickup you got, stack 3 times (so, +1350 flat armor), but if you receive damage, you lose one stack after 3 seconds (for now, doesn't work good, since even Shield damage can make you lose the stack and beyond Nekros, doesn't exist any good way to find or make new health pickups in-mission)

- Energy Conversion give +50% power strenght for one cast after taking one energy pickup, doesn't stack, can be used at any build that doesn't rely on skill spam, like Molecular Prime (useful to switch between speed to neutral or neutral to slow nova in-mission) and toggle abilities like Exalted Blade and World on Fire (since the buff will work until turn off the ability) as substitute for Transient Fortitude, since that mod increase your power strenght, but reduce your power duration

Edited by Zeyez
tenno'ed situation...

if you want regenerate your energy, you have some ways:

1. Trinity as ally, she can regenerate your energy while your Exalted Blade is off
  2. you and/or someone of your party using the aura mod Energy Siphon (that one drop in alerts or can be bought with players), but this doesn't work while the Exalted Blade is active
  3. bring some energy consumables that can be found in market (small), dojo (medium) and syndicate (large)... again this doesn't work with Exalted Blade while active, you need to turn off
  4. use some energy modifier mods, like efficiency type (Streamline and Fleeting Expertise), pool type, that increase your maximum amount ([PrimedFlow) or situational one that give energy if you meet his condition (Equilibrium, that one give extra energy if you pick health pickup and give health if you get energy pickup or Rage, that one give energy if you receive health damage)
  5. if you want increase the efficiency from your toggle ability (Exalted Blade), positive duration mods (Constitution, [primed] Continuity and Narrow Minded) can help you a bit with that (duration lower than 100% increase the energy consumption)

there's other way that rely on Focus (Zenurik's Energy Overflow), but he need to do the Second Dream quest and has the same restriction as Energy Siphon... so, this one isn't an option to Vaticus, for now

Edited by Zeyez
highlight some words and the observation about Energy Overflow

PoisonHD is correct about some things, but let me correct them.

Energy Siphon provides .6 energy per second when maxed, but does stack with other Energy Siphon auras being used by teammates.

The health conversion and energy conversion mods won't help at all. They were probably thinking of the Equilibrium mod that causes health orbs to also increase energy and vice versa for energy orbs.

I would advise using Streamline which increases the efficiency of your abilities. It increases efficiency by 30%. You'll end up with 130% so an ability that costs 25 energy would cost 17.5 energy.

4 minutes ago, Hman745 said:

PoisonHD is correct about some things, but let me correct them.

Energy Siphon provides .6 energy per second when maxed, but does stack with other Energy Siphon auras being used by teammates.

The health conversion and energy conversion mods won't help at all. They were probably thinking of the Equilibrium mod that causes health orbs to also increase energy and vice versa for energy orbs.

I would advise using Streamline which increases the efficiency of your abilities. It increases efficiency by 30%. You'll end up with 130% so an ability that costs 25 energy would cost 17.5 energy.

Thanks for that xP

I haven't looked at the actual value for Energy Siphon in months, so I forgot what it was.

And as I said, I was just going on the names of the Simaris mods, since I haven't used them.

And correcting again:
Energy siphon it stacks with team mate energy siphon (all aura mods stack)
health conversion mods they talk about rage flow combo
streamline and fleeting expertise will get u 75%  efficiency but channeling abilitys are also change by duration since fleeting expertise adds efficiency but removes duration u have too put a duration mod too make this problem go around

and later on when u get focus u there is a school that gives alot of energy regen  and u have also pads that makes u regen energy 

Edited by venon23

7 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

- Energy Siphon regenerate 0.6 per second by itself at max rank, but every member of the party can use it and raise it amount to 2.4 in full squad (non-raid), even more if someone use Coaction Drift

Yea, I corrected myself after I saw @Hman745 reply with the right amount.

As for the explanation for those two mods, I had the uses way wrong xD

Edited by PoisonHD

15 minutes ago, Insizer said:

If you really want energy then sign up with the Zenurik Focus school. This is a bit of a spoiler, but you'll be able to access Focus stuffs after you finish the Second Dream quest.

Since OP is only an initiate I don't think that they're going to be doing Second Dream any time soon.

21 minutes ago, Hman745 said:

Since OP is only an initiate I don't think that they're going to be doing Second Dream any time soon.

Forum ranks are not indicative of actual Mastery Rank in game.  Forums rankings go off of post counts, and you get a new "Rank" every 25 posts.

EDIT: In addition, when you join the forums is not when you actually started playing Warframe, so it can be a bit misleading from time to time :)

Edited by AnonNyx

1 hour ago, AnonNyx said:

Forum ranks are not indicative of actual Mastery Rank in game.  Forums rankings go off of post counts, and you get a new "Rank" every 25 posts.

EDIT: In addition, when you join the forums is not when you actually started playing Warframe, so it can be a bit misleading from time to time :)

Oh thanks. I didn't know that.

2 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

Guys mentioned options you can manage your energy.

Excal has toggle on ability (if it's EB you're using) and most of these frames are built with full (190) efficiency, so you need full fleeting +streamline. 

Keep in mind the cap for Efficiency is capped at 175% you cannot pass that so its actually wise to have a full streamline and and a fleeting level (3) for less negative duration. This would put your efficiency to 170% I have a pretty decent Excally build that works for both Radial javelin for Draco and focus as well as just a standard exulted blade build. The issue is you need some forma's to get it done so you gotta get some void in.

7 minutes ago, TheKnottyGentalman said:

Keep in mind the cap for Efficiency is capped at 175% you cannot pass that so its actually wise to have a full streamline and and a fleeting level (3) for less negative duration. This would put your efficiency to 170% I have a pretty decent Excally build that works for both Radial javelin for Draco and focus as well as just a standard exulted blade build. The issue is you need some forma's to get it done so you gotta get some void in.

This is actually (and weirdly) untrue for toggled abilities when efficiency over 175% indeed doesn't show in frame stats, but it's taken into account nontheless in calculation of power upkeep. 

Frame with 190 EFF needs only 40 duration to cap his upkeep cost.

Frame with 175 EFF needs - 100 duration.

The more you know ; )

19 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

This is actually (and weirdly) untrue for toggled abilities when efficiency over 175% indeed doesn't show in frame stats, but it's taken into account nontheless in calculation of power upkeep. 

Frame with 190 EFF needs only 40 duration to cap his upkeep cost.

Frame with 175 EFF needs - 100 duration.

The more you know ; )

true but with 175 build ur radial blind works better  and u only need 80% not actualy 100% duration like u say up there

2 hours ago, venon23 said:

true but with 175 build ur radial blind works better  and u only need 80% not actualy 100% duration like u say up there

I was talking about duration you need to cap your toggled ability cost. With either of combo I wrote your energy leak will be minimal. It concerns EB. You can have your duration as low as 40 with maxed EFF, but that doesn't mean you will have if that low, up to you. If you're aiming at duration around 100, 175 EFF will do. 

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 6:30 PM, Insizer said:

If you really want energy then sign up with the Zenurik Focus school. This is a bit of a spoiler, but you'll be able to access Focus stuffs after you finish the Second Dream quest.

Naramon for excal!

And stick to rage...best mod for energy management on anything that is not a hopeless glasscannon ;)

On 25. apríla 2016 at 5:57 PM, Vaticus said:

I have recently started playing Warframe and I picked Excalibur. The game is really fun and I like it so far but it feels like I am run out of energy fast. Maybe I myself don't use it concretely but is there a mod that replenishes energy over time or make the enemy drop energy more often?

Describe which ability u use often will be useful here. If u play as a mad butterfly catcher (exalted blade) i recomend to focus on @Zeyez4. and 5. in his 1st post followed by @ThorienKELL calculations, because none of energy supports works while u r in EB.

On 25 April 2016 at 4:57 PM, Vaticus said:

You need the mod Streamline, which makes use of abilities more energy-efficient.  Later on, when you do Vaults or can afford to buy it in Trade, you can get the mod Fleeting Expertise, which gives even more efficiency at the cost of some duration.