The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OMG DE! I love new volt rework!!! xD

Vlada91

14 hours ago, Ohmlink said:

Anyone notice shock didn't stun? Are they changing what elec proc does?

No. On the last dev stream, Scott said that they're changing how shock interacts with shield: when shock hits volt's shield, it adds a power up to it so that it deals damage and applies electric procs to enemies passing through it. Graphically, it looks like there's an extra wreath of electricity when shock is applied.

19 minutes ago, DoctorWild said:

Then I want Amprex 2.0 with the release of Volt rework, just because normal amprex has some incomprensible low accuracy which makes it impossible to hit something above 20 m. Ah yes, even some higher ammo efficiency and a design like a minigun.

you mean Synapse, right?
Amprex fires perfectly straight, it's Synapse that fires in a 'tribeam' style Shotgun pattern that means that it's horribly Range limited.

would be nice to address that so Synapse could have a much longer effective Range (like 30-35m) than Amprex so that Synapse can try to compete against Amprex :/
instead of Amprex remaining as a direct upgrade to Synapse.
and might as well also go with higher Status Chance, even if Continuous Weapons are almost useless for Status.

Edited by taiiat

37 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you mean Synapse, right?
Amprex fires perfectly straight, it's Synapse that fires in a 'tribeam' style Shotgun pattern that means that it's horribly Range limited.

would be nice to address that so Synapse could have a much longer effective Range (like 30-35m) than Amprex so that Synapse can try to compete against Amprex :/
instead of Amprex remaining as a direct upgrade to Synapse.
and might as well also go with higher Status Chance, even if Continuous Weapons are almost useless for Status.

But did you ever try it through a volt's shield? It's impossible to hit, really impossible, i do 2 or 3 shields, aim to a mob, and wait about 2 or 3 sec. for hitting him.

Edited by DoctorWild

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey94 said:

Still nothing about his crap 4, I see

Didn't watch the recent Devstream about Volt? His 4 makes enemies acts like "lightening rods" & shocks anyone near it. You can charge the "lightening rods" with Shock. So there's a bit of synergy there. So if you get a group & activate 4. The whole group will keep shocking each other until dead (or end of duration?) Its quite the improvement. 

1 minute ago, DoctorWild said:

But did you ever try it throw a volt's shield? It's impossible to hit, really impossible, i do 2 or 3 shields, aim to a mob, and wait about 2 or 3 sec. for hitting him.

yes it can be strange, but Synapse fares much worse in those situations, due to being completely inferior in the first place, and having Spread while Amprex does not.

51 minutes ago, Tain_OSkoom said:

No. On the last dev stream, Scott said that they're changing how shock interacts with shield: when shock hits volt's shield, it adds a power up to it so that it deals damage and applies electric procs to enemies passing through it. Graphically, it looks like there's an extra wreath of electricity when shock is applied.

Volt can also charge his shield? Interesting. But still thou. His shock won't deliver stuns anymore? That's kinda sad.

Just now, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Volt can also charge his shield? Interesting. But still thou. His shock won't deliver stuns anymore? That's kinda sad.

Yep. Though I'm pretty sure that they aren't going to change the stun from shock. It's just that the shield absorbed the shock in the clip.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

but it won't be indestructible. you're going to end up with a small, portable V2 Snowglobe. limited Health, and Duration.

while they are superior to Consoles, the two primary flavors of Consoles on the market have significantly more market share than PC.
mostly due to propaganda and stockholm syndrome, Et Cetera.

i don't think so, i am pretty sure that is will not have health, just duration. or if it does have health only if you carry it

well, look at how i and at least half of my friends got into games. we heard about it so we wanted to try it. non of our parents had anything with gaming, but we had a PC, so you start playing on PC. and if you play on a PC there is very little reason to go to a console. i am very stuck to pc. i can't control a controller (o the irony) and I love mods. but i also never see a game that is console only that i am interested in. also not really into pc excusive games, but i love mods, and that is pretty pc excursive, especially if you want full control.

5 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

As long as the shield keeps its infinite health, this will be amazing.

So long as the ability continues to be timer based, durability shouldn't be an active issue, imo.

If they are making these shields mobile and taking them off the timer, then I can see where a health bar should come into play. 

I was very optimistic about these changes, than I started to realise that, if Volt is gonna have to use more than duration and efficiency for shielding, he will be seriously compromised...

I've writen a text in here already, rewriten, changed, cut, in the end I thought... people won't rely in none of what I'm saying till it's too late and the rework is already out... SO I'm going to make this short:
The gimmicks are awesome, but the power requirements needed to do these can potentially harm, badly, Volt's late game survivability.

4 minutes ago, ElectronX_Core said:

Said no one ever to the Odonata. It will have unlimited hp.

Archwing is balanced completely differently. Players have much less CC & AoE available, Player movement is completely different (slower, clunkier), Et Cetera.

14 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

I was very optimistic about these changes, than I started to realise that, if Volt is gonna have to use more than duration and efficiency for shielding, he will be seriously compromised...

I've writen a text in here already, rewriten, changed, cut, in the end I thought... people won't rely in none of what I'm saying till it's too late and the rework is already out... SO I'm going to make this short:
The gimmicks are awesome, but the power requirements needed to do these can potentially harm, badly, Volt's late game survivability.

Why? Energy Vampire, Energy Siphon, Zenurik, 850 energy pool, it doesn't take energy to pick up the shield. The only problem is if you're doing extended high tier missions or raids and EVERYONE wants shields, but there would be a Trinity is the squad anyway, so...

Edited by ElectronX_Core