Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Dream isn't canon

SuikiAmon

1 hour ago, SuikiAmon said:

You cannot convince me otherwise. It isn't just me being salty over a quest that was not fun to play and had very weak rewards, with the exception of the Broken-War. Facts-wise, the Tenno are inside the Warframes, Alad V was never cured, and the kid in my Liset is just that: a kid. Given the opportunity, their dead weight will be tossed into the Sun.

Definitely not a lore-@#&*(.

At best, you can say it's not part of your "head-canon" & that I can respect, as difference in opinion. You don't like it, fine, but don't make decisions on behalf of others. And, as far as I am concerned, I loved The Second Dream & consider it as a nice reveal for me, as a lore-dwelling person. /shrug

To Op, I say you are right the Tenno are inside the warframe but not in the form you mention. If you have the image that the tenno is sitting inside the Liset with a Xbox controller playing a warframe, you're wrong. The name is very explicit "Trasnference", the process implies the Tenno are transfering their minds to a surrogate body (the warframe or something inside it) proven by Tenno feeling pain in battle. So yeah in a way the Tenno do exist within the frame.

DE isn't perfect. The Quest was a bad idea, and DE are just pushing it, and pushing it, and pushing it, trying to convince everyone that it was. It's not. It's on par with the Mass Effect 3 ending.

The only thing it has going for it is it not being canon.

1 minute ago, jodarkrider said:

At best, you can say it's not part of your "head-canon" & that I can respect, as difference in opinion. You don't like it, fine, but don't make decisions on behalf of others. And, as far as I am concerned, I loved The Second Dream & consider it as a nice reveal for me, as a lore-dwelling person. /shrug

Well, you're just plain wrong. I'm not talking head-canon, I'm talking game canon.

14 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

~snip~

Just calm down, have these

Spoiler

bcf4faa0ce24971fa2bbec161482a219.jpg

and heed my words.

Unfortunately, it is cannon. Yes. It is mighty unlogical, it is immersion-breaking, some even consider it insulting, but DE considered our virtual alter-egos as imbecilic adolescents. 
Yes, they blabber to themselves via comm. Yes, they do say "Phew, that was close" after crushing an innocent container. Yes, their mental age is even lower than the biological one. Yes, our frames fart with the ghostly projections of these creeps.
Not all of us can accept them as our own manifestation in Warframe universe, but DE is the story teller, and DE don't freaking care about the fact do we like the story or not.
We are consumers, not narrators. The only choice within our reach is either "To buy or not to buy" 

Edited by Teloch

Just now, Teloch said:

Just calm down, have these

Reveal hidden contents

bcf4faa0ce24971fa2bbec161482a219.jpg

and heed my words.

Unfortunately, it is cannon. Yes. It is mighty unlogical, it is immersion-breaking, some even consider it insulting, but DE considered our virtual alter-egos as imbecilic adolescents. 
Yes, they blabber to themselves via comm. Yes, they do say "Phew, that was close" after crushing an innocent container. Yes, their mental age is even lower than the biological one. Yes, our frames fart with the ghostly projections of these disables.
Not all of us can accept them as our own manifestations in Warframe universe, but DE is the story teller, and DE don't freaking care about the fact do we like it or not.
We are consumers, not narrators. The only choise within our reach is either "To buy or not to buy" 

I can't accept it, because it's not something to accept. It never happened, so I don't have to make the decision to accept it.

7 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

Canon: Something that actually happened within the game's story

Non-canon: Something that never happened within the game's story.

Second Dream is the latter.

Based on what I've seen so far and your absolute rejection of reality, I believe you may be suffering from a mental disorder, possibly insanity, and you should seek out help immediately. If you're just complaining for the sake of complaining however... t('-'t) but if not then we need to get you off the streets quickly. Safety reasons. 

Just now, SuikiAmon said:

I can't accept it, because it's not something to accept. It never happened, so I don't have to make the decision to accept it.

I'm sorry, I had to come back for this gem.

"It didn't happen"

...was entire game update. It's your choice to like it or not, but, well, IDK how to say this, but it definitely frickin happened. You yourself demonstrated it by playing it. If you ascribe to the Warframe universe, you don't get a choice to accept it or not; it's part of the package.

Even if/when DE makes design/story flaws, Second Dream was a major plot advancement that happened in game lore/events. You can't just dismiss it as not having happened; that's the same logic as flat-earth defenders, as well as ostriches that stick their heads in the sand.

"Yesterday's workday didn't happen because I say so", is what your logic allows.

You have a flawed viewpoint. Denying that is just...lying.

5 minutes ago, clemza said:

lmao what, insta revive, melee crit invi or energie regen is weak ?

3 minutes ago, Sh4dowWalker96 said:

As well as an amazing crit-viable longsword that pairs very well with said melee invisicrits. Totally not worth it.

Yes, yes, and yes. The whole thing could have been implemented better, and without involving tainting your weapons or your characters.

3 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

Neither do I. The only difference between us is that I don't start funny topics that draw massive community attention but are unable to change the state of things due to logical reasons.
However, you are free to have your own head canon as long as you don't extrapolate or force your point of view at others.
To end on a positive note, there is a chance the story would change. This often happens in those rare cases when the game launches without a previously written plot.
Maybe someday we will be given with an option to liberate from those indigo kids. 

Yes, yes, and yes. The whole thing could have been implemented better, and without involving tainting your weapons or your characters.

If insta-revive, melee crit invisibility, and an energy regen equivalent to  nearly seven Energy Siphons, as well as the objectively strongest longsword in the game (irrespective of your opinion of longswords) are weak...you may want to play another game.

For real though. Peace out. This thread was weird enough to make it hard to sleep.

Your just like politicians, you always says its bad, its wrong, it could be better, but you never give any solutions or ideas ...

Just now, Magneu said:

I'm sorry, I had to come back for this gem.

"It didn't happen"

...was entire game update. It's your choice to like it or not, but, well, IDK how to say this, but it definitely frickin happened. You yourself demonstrated it by playing it. If you ascribe to the Warframe universe, you don't get a choice to accept it or not; it's part of the package.

Even if/when DE makes design/story flaws, Second Dream was a major plot advancement that happened in game lore/events. You can't just dismiss it as not having happened; that's the same logic as flat-earth defenders, as well as ostriches that stick their heads in the sand.

"Yesterday's workday didn't happen because I say so", is what your logic allows.

You have a flawed viewpoint. Denying that is just...lying.

I'll say it again until you get it. It didn't happen. Just cause you, me, or everyone else and their mother, played it, doesn't mean it did. It's not unheard-of for creators to make non-canon side stories for their main projects to just play around with ideas.

This is just one of the bad ones. An advancement? I guess if you call moonwalking, forward motion.

As a player, I do get a choice. But I'm not choosing. I'm just stating the facts.

" We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. "

You can take either half of this sentence literally. It is either built directly around them, or it acts as a conduit. They're neither mutually inclusive nor exclusive of each other. DE is free to take the story where they want.

Is this really such a big deal? lol

Just now, Leuca said:

" We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. "

You can take either half of this sentence literally. It is either built directly around them, or it acts as a conduit. They're neither mutually inclusive nor exclusive of each other. DE is free to take the story where they want.

Is this really such a big deal? lol

Yes! Because it was a bad decision and should be called out!

As for the "frame around them", yes, I take it literally. It was built as an exoskeleton, as well as a way for them to channel and control their new-found powers.

1 minute ago, SuikiAmon said:

It didn't happen. Just cause you, me, or everyone else and their mother, played it, doesn't mean it did.

I'm getting some serious Orwell "1984" vibes here. Anyone else?

Turning my computer off right after this to make myself get up for work in four hours. Inb4 thread lock in the morning (seriously, save us from this madness, based moderators).

59 minutes ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

Odd. I'm certain he had when I ran it. 

PS4 had chosen to not help him... so... maybe?

Doesn't matter. Even on the PS4 side he sent word that despite some tenno efforts, he had managed to get just enough of what he needed.

The whole event was an illusion of choice. Alad found a way no matter who we chose to help. PS4 crowd probably just made the job a lil more bothersome.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721