Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SOLO-ing New Kela De Thaym: Simple

Dendurron

Question

Loadout:

R30 VALKYR (max efficiency)  Um, HYSTERIA. Bring mobile energy consumables to lengthen your hysteria. 

1. Activate Hysteria before every airstrike at 1 on the countdown.
  2. Use hysteria to tank all damage and smack Kela to death.
  3. Max efficiency means longer hysteria.

R30 HEK (1000 DMG+ at least)   Use HEK for the spinning disks, you can be very inaccurate and still hit them.

1. Add spread mods to make HEK more inaccurate to increase chances of hitting the disks.
  2. Easy to destroy the rollers when they swarm you. 

R30 DESTREZA (Berzerker+viral/radiation DMG)  

1. Since hysteria takes its damage and qualities from your melee weapon, this is one of the best options for you.
  2. Best damage combination for grineer.
  3. High attack speed.

This method turns this mission (and all the other pre/post missions) into easy mode. Every time you thing you'll take a lot of damage, hysteria. Every time you need to kill something really quick, hysteria. I have had 0 difficulty in racking up missions and kills.

Good luck.

Edited by Dendurron

18 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

w/e frame you want

ignis with sinister reach to shoot the green targets stupid fast

run around to dodge missiles

I totally agree. This post and video was a response to all the people complaining and whining about how "hard" it was to dodge the missiles and shoot the spinning cirlces and dodge the rollers. Its literally the most lazy thing i could come up with.

Only weapon mods affect Hysteria. The inherent weapon qualities do not. So it does not matter wether you use a Destreza, a Jat Kittag or a Skana. 

Also not sure why you want to add spread to your weapon. If you use a hitscan weapon and aim properly it is much better when you can be certain you will hit what you are aiming for. 

Edited by Burgingham

Frost with max efficiency, Quanta for shooting the targets (just follow the moving hole). Kela gets slowed down enough inside your globe to deal enough damage to move to the next phase of the fight before she has time to leave the globe. Spam a few globes before every air strike. I'm able to complete shooting all the targets for all 4 buttons between 2 air strikes.

8 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

Actually Limbo is way better for the job, since you can use rift to avoid the air strikes and at the same time increase your damage output. 

Hide contents

Hahaha! Nicely done!

Banshee with a Dera made it through with no problems. Sonar was more for seeing where the rollers were than for damage.

I still dont see the need for super specific loadouts when fighting things in this game, barring super armored enemies.

Edited by DarkTails

MLG Tutorial for boss:

1. Take Banshee + Ignis and Twin Grakata.

2. Roast the spinning wheels instantly with your ignis.

3. Stack some sonar before kela comes out and when she's finally there, shoot some few bullets with two grakata, she will probably instantly go away after landing ;)

4. Orbital strike? Stay on the main platform and just relaxingly walk (NOT sprint!!) in a circle along the edge.

5. ???

6. Profit.

7. !!!

8. Come back saying "Omg this is the gudest guide ive eva sen!!111".

Peace.

2 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

MLG Tutorial for boss:

1. Take Banshee + Ignis and Twin Grakata.

2. Roast the spinning wheels instantly with your ignis.

3. Stack some sonar before kela comes out and when she's finally there, shoot some few bullets with two grakata, she will probably instantly go away after landing ;)

4. Orbital strike? Stay on the main platform and just relaxingly walk (NOT sprint!!) in a circle along the edge.

5. ???

6. Profit.

7. !!!

8. Come back saying "Omg this is the gudest guide ive eva sen!!111".

Peace.

I used the same strategy on my runs without ignis - pretty good guide :) I went with Saryn + Brakk + Soma. To be honest, it's pretty same what weapons you bring. Weapons that have spread makes those spinning plates easier. And killing kela, well, you benefit having fast weapon with moderate range (eg. assault rifle) while you can enjoy her movements. And same goes with the frame - you can go pretty much with any. Kinda neat for those who don't have the proper gears or frames. Rollers might become problematic if you don't have sentinel that frags them.

I believe XB1 and PS4 users won't have trouble fighting against her :) Unless they get this ADHD kela who shoots constantly from the balcony which is still doable. Here is a run that is bit closer to "average joe" and with a gamepad where you can see the boss fight patterns pretty easily.

Edited by carnaga

Interesting ideas guys.

On 5/1/2016 at 3:08 AM, Burgingham said:

The inherent weapon qualities do not. So it does not matter wether you use a Destreza

I chose destreza because i run a blood rush/true steel build on it and it is absolutely deadly against everything grineer and those mods carry to the hysteria. I am aware that only the mods affect it, but i chose it specifically because it has the right damage combination in case you dont have enough energy for hysteria. Also, HEK base accuracy is pinpoint. I personally like my HEK with a bit more spread so that even if i miss the target (even though its hitscan) i hit the target almost any time anyway, and with the high damage of the HEK (15000+) kill them instantly anyway. 

Thanks for your response anyway.

On 5/1/2016 at 1:25 PM, MechaTails said:

Banshee with a Dera made it through with no problems. Sonar was more for seeing where the rollers were than for damage.

I still dont see the need for super specific loadouts when fighting things in this game, barring super armored enemies.

I agree, this build was in response to many complaints from players about this mission. And, it is just about the laziest thing i could come up with, because it enables the user to ignore just about everything that is thrown at them. Don't get me wrong, KELA IS EASY. I can kill her with even the worst of my frames and weapons. 

Also, props to you my fello banshee friend. Banshee is my most used any favorite frame, and i cant wait til we get her in prime. I just hope it doesnt look stupid! :D

Edited by Dendurron