Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Splitscreen / 2 Warframe windows on same PC

Dispair1337

Question

I want to know how to get 2 version of Warframe on the same PC.

Let me be clear: I started a new account and want to trade some mods & plat across.

I only have the 1 PC and want to trade stuff to myself, is this possible?

PS no I do not have friends ingame who can do this for me nor to I trust randoms with my mods & plat. Please keep the comments specifically related to the question: How can it be done? If you do not know please do not post your opinion i.e. "I don't think you can" or "I think you would get banned"

• Tried doing this via VM but ran into Directx problems.
  • Tried running WF as "another user account" would let me download game again, but wouldn't let me actually play the game with another window open.

15 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Dispair1337 said:

-snip-

Let me be clear: I started a new account and want to trade some mods & plat across.

I-snip-

This will get you banned.

Having two accounts is okay, as long as they do not interact, specifically trading mods, weapons and plat, otherwise you'll get banned for violating the EULA.  I'd suggest asking a Com Mod if having a third party will matter.

Ah, so I would need to figure out the Directx problem on the VM?

The issue was related to the virtual graphics card not being supported or some such. Was getting far too technical for my casual mind :S (and I installed the support functions, but ran into issues with the win 7 Home edition, would've had to delete and reinstall professional to get desired options to edit security settings).

Basically VM is the way to go?

Someone tried to do this already to make a local "multiplayer" by using one PC ( you can search the forums ). The problem was you were not able to control one of the instances due to not being the active window: you have to click on the window of the game and then be able to control that instance.

However, trading between your alt accounts is against EULA and there was a similar discussion about all of this. The local play on one PC was a very gray area since no one gave the definite answer.

Trading between accounts is against the rules? Aside from the fact that it is a terrible idea, it's also unenforceable. Unless someone like myself publicly declares it, there is no way to stop it.

When you get to a high enough MR there is no point in continuing the daily grind on your main account. I enjoy GrindFrame / BugFrame, but I will not tolerate being told what I can and can't do with my own items. I spend enough money & time on the game to do what I wish with my rewards.

That being said, if I run the risk of banning a 3 year account for which I have spent a lot of both time and money on... I wont trade to my alt and bye bye WF. I shall simply follow the example of many before me and not bother until new content new content comes out, conquer that and then simply return to being afk.

Few tips that would indeed help in my opinion:

1. STACK FUSION CORES! Dear god you do not know how I wish you could.
  2. Post items. Though if you cant trade to your own alt account I doubt this would ever happen.
  3. Fix matchmaking - enough of session unavailable.

By the way, I very much appreciate the information guys. One thing I do love about this game is that it is one of the VERY few games with such an amazing community. Everyone is especially helpful and nice. Its rare to see and I sincerely hope it stay this way, you guys are absolutely fantastic and quite literally make the game what it is. 

You rock!

Edited by Dispair1337

The reason they don't allow it is to prevent plat farms. You can make multiple accounts to increase your chances of plat discount daily rewards, then funnel the plat to your main account. It has been done in the past and people have been banned for it so I know its something they check for, probably based on multiple accounts being tied to the same IP. I'm pretty sure if it was not against the EULA that it would be pretty common for people to run 5-10 dummy accounts wating for the 50-75% off discounts to buy plat. I used to play a diffrent game that had log in rewards where it wasn't against the EULA to trade between accounts and a guy in my guild built a macro that allowed him to log into 100 accounts simultaniously to collect them for his main account...

Edited by Joel_The_Jackle
clarity

Another reason why it isn't allowed is because during events (such as Rathuum) people would run the event with multiple accounts to get multiples of the event weapon to give to the main account to sell for platinum.

13 hours ago, Dispair1337 said:

I want to know how to get 2 version of Warframe on the same PC.

I only have the 1 PC and want to trade stuff to myself, is this possible?

PS no I do not have friends ingame who can do this for me nor to I trust randoms with my mods & plat. Please keep the comments specifically related to the question: How can it be done? If you do not know please do not post your opinion i.e. "I don't think you can" or "I think you would get banned"

• Tried doing this via VM but ran into Directx problems.
  • Tried running WF as "another user account" would let me download game again, but wouldn't let me actually play the game with another window open.

This is against EULA. You are not allowed interact with yourself via alias account.

8 hours ago, Dispair1337 said:

That being said, if I run the risk of banning a 3 year account for which I have spent a lot of both time and money on... I wont trade to my alt and bye bye WF. I shall simply follow the example of many before me and not bother until new content new content comes out, conquer that and then simply return to being afk.

Trading between you and yourself WILL get you banned, cause you are not allowed to do so.

9 hours ago, Dispair1337 said:

Trading between accounts is against the rules? Aside from the fact that it is a terrible idea, it's also unenforceable. Unless someone like myself publicly declares it, there is no way to stop it.

Are you absolutely sure that that is unenforceable? Do you really think that DE are so stupid, and they have no mechanisms to determine that kind of activity? What are you trying to do? Scaring the people that you will stop playing, if you are not allowed to break the EULA?You know bro, there are many people(including myself) that play Warframe for fun and entertainment, and trust me, the Community will lose nothing, if you stop playing.

52 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

Trading between you and yourself WILL get you banned, cause you are not allowed to do so.

Are you absolutely sure that that is unenforceable? Do you really think that DE are so stupid, and they have no mechanisms to determine that kind of activity? What are you trying to do? Scaring the people that you will stop playing, if you are not allowed to break the EULA?You know bro, there are many people(including myself) that play Warframe for fun and entertainment, and trust me, the Community will lose nothing, if you stop playing.

t play Warframe for fun and entertainment, and trust me, the Community will lose nothin

g, if you stop playing.

Well wow. 

You do realise you added nothing to the conversation, you simply reiterated what others had previously said before you AND you were hostile for no reason. Why so salty? 

You realise as well that you made sweeping statements with nothing to back them up:  "Are you absolutely sure that that is unenforceable? Do you really think that DE are so stupid, and they have no mechanisms to determine that kind of activity?" - can you prove to me that it is? 

"Scaring the people that you will stop playing, if you are not allowed to break the EULA? " - I don't care whether or not anyone on the forum is scared, they don't know me and I don't know them. I was merely stating a fact that as the restrictions do not allow me to interact with another account therefore, if you actually read the statement you quoted you'd realise, I am not going to jeopardize my main account by keeping thing fresh and starting a new one. 

" You know bro, there are many people(including myself) that play Warframe for fun and entertainment, and trust me, the Community will lose nothing, if you stop playing" - You know BRO, I am very glad that we have never met before and I sincerely hope that we never do again. Your kind of poison belongs on LoL, please keep Warframe free from this toxic and aggressive behaviour.

3 hours ago, Dispair1337 said:

Jole do you really think people don't do that already? If you were plat farming... you'd make it work.

10 hours ago, Dispair1337 said:

Actually from the ToS/Privacy policy, DE have the right to monitor your account. People have been banned before and they never said anything publicly.

https://warframe.com/terms 6. Monitoring

https://warframe.com/privacy

Edited by KJRenz

15 hours ago, Noamuth said:

This will get you banned.

Having two accounts is okay, as long as they do not interact, specifically trading mods, weapons and plat, otherwise you'll get banned for violating the EULA.  I'd suggest asking a Com Mod if having a third party will matter.

Can't stress this enough. DE has ways to monitor accounts, and when two accounts on the same IP and Hardware ID start trading with one another it most likely throws up red flags. Locking on this note.