Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modding Zhuge - Crit, Status or something else entirely?

Ifeno

Question

I've recently found that Bows just absolutely aren't for me.  My aim is no good and the fire-rate is too slow.  However, I do need a weapon for Bow-Only sorties, and I've found the Zhuge to be right up my alley.  I wanted to try the Attica, but unfortunately that's a Tenno Lab item and I'm not in a clan, so it's unobtainable to me.  That being said, I'm torn on how to mod the Zhuge.  Both it's Crit as well as Status stats are stellar, so which should I mod for?  Would a hybrid build be good?  What are your builds?  What's the ideal?  All advice is greatly appreciated!

EDIT:  Is Shred still good to use on the Zhuge?  I know Bows have inherent Punch-Through so I'm not sure Shred is still worth a s slot.  Also, is Thunderbolt worth using?  It seems like a fun mod, but it also looks like that's all it is, a fun mod.

Edited by Ifeno
Additional Questions

13 answers to this question

Crit, with some Status.
Shred is useful since Crossbows don't get innate Punch-Through.

something like...
wt8aTqM.png

someone will probably say 'just use another Elemental instead of -Kick' but... like with Grakata, removing 99% of the Kick is actually a larger Damage increase than another Elemental, by a huge margin, as you can put 100% of your shots on Weakpoints(while shooting at full Rate of Fire) then... which no matter how good with aiming you want to say you are, you can't do without it.

Zhuge is a very effective Weapon, between high Status, high Crit, high Rate of Fire... high everything. direct upgrade to Attica(literally superior in every way, doesn't have any extra downsides. it doesn't.), defeating the purpose of the existence of most of the entire Assault Rifle Archetype, Et Cetera.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

if you have Hammer Shot, I'd highly recommend putting that on. it's great for weapons with good Crit AND Status, as it covers both fronts.

you'd get more mileage out of using another Status Elemental instead. more Damage, and more Status.
Hammershot is only useful in extremely specific circumstances against specific Enemies (non real world combat scenarios or Weapons made to fight just one specific Enemy in an entire Mission).
which as a general rule, Players should assume it's useless. as it is in almost all situations.

10 minutes ago, Ifeno said:

Is it really considered that bad of a weapon?

It's not bad at all really. quite fun honestly.

from many points of view, the biggest flaw with "weapon X" is that "weapon X" is not a Wraith Prisma Vandal Twin Tonkor Prime.

-----

also, mod it for crit and status. If you can't find the 'double-status' mods like High Voltage from Hive missions, go with a 'raw' status build (Stormbringer and Infected Clip)

Edited by YAWL

Here is my solution, take a VERY energy efficient build (and duration usually) waframe with a summoned weapon :P at las is a MAYBE (doubt it) but excal, ivara and wukong all can summon their weapons with no restrictions...That is how I was using an ivara bow in a secondary or melee one sortie ;) A required weapon is good as backup but your summoned one is stronger usually and with enough efficiency can be used all mission long. Since you are not "good with bows, I advise excal or wukong depending on te situation but excla in general for his great damage and range as compared to wukongs range.

]\'[

4 minutes ago, Ifeno said:

I've recently found that Bows just absolutely aren't for me.  My aim is no good and the fire-rate is too slow.  However, I do need a weapon for Bow-Only sorties, and I've found the Zhuge to be right up my alley.  I wanted to try the Attica, but unfortunately that's a Tenno Lab item and I'm not in a clan, so it's unobtainable to me.  That being said, I'm torn on how to mod the Zhuge.  Both it's Crit as well as Status stats are stellar, so which should I mod for?  Would a hybrid build be good?  What are your builds?  What's the ideal?  All advice is greatly appreciated!

Go for crit. Obviously. Then, if you play against grineer, use 2x 60/60 mod for corrosive so you can apply many procs really fast. It even shreds bombards to pieces. Same against corrupted. Against corpus and infested you're better off using a full crit and damage build though.

Edited by IceColdHawk

2 minutes ago, Lobotomy said:

Protip: Just because you're restricted to a particular weapon type in sorties that doesn't mean your warframe's powers are restricted. If you dislike bows (like I do), consider using a warframe whose abilities largely make weapon choice irrelevant, such as Ash and Bladestorm, and use those abilities to kill things instead.

Good advice.  I'm trying to build Ash Prime for this exact reason.  However, I DO need a weapon for Bow-Only assassinations, don't I?  Killing bosses (like Lephantis) with Warframe abilities doesn't seem feasible.  Am I wrong?

Edited by Ifeno

10 minutes ago, Ifeno said:

Is it really considered that bad of a weapon?

What YAWL said. Zhuge is quite the best armor shredder assault rifle-like primary that also deals good damage. Better than soma prime. It's a good weapon and i can definitely recommend it.

first things first, I'd say get some practice with the Bows. they may not be your thing, but it pays to have at least half-decent aim with them, just in case. I usually put Fire rate mods on mine to alleviate some of the speed problem.

The Zhuge is more of an up close assault weapon than a Marksman's weapon: high fire rate and higher recoil make it more difficult to use at longer ranges (it also appears to shoot bolts that drop substantially faster than the Attica. if you mod it for Corrosive, you'll have an excellent weapon for taking on the Grineer. I would say go for Status, as while Crit is nice, you can always bring a good melee for Crit instead.

if you have Hammer Shot, I'd highly recommend putting that on. it's great for weapons with good Crit AND Status, as it covers both fronts.

Well here is a build I use

Serration

Split Chamber

Heavy Cal

Point Strike

Vital Sense

1 90% elemental mod

> I use Corro & fire setup

2 dual stat elementals

Build is actually pretty good. It can kill a lvl125 Orokin Heavy Gunner with a whole mag or less if your good with head shots..

4 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Well here is a build I use

Serration

Split Chamber

Heavy Cal

Point Strike

Vital Sense

1 90% elemental mod

> I use Corro & fire setup

2 dual stat elementals

Build is actually pretty good. It can kill a lvl125 Orokin Heavy Gunner with a whole mag or less if your good with head shots..

You must be a god of aiming using a Heavy Cal ^^ 

Personally I go with Stabilizer like taiiat does in the build they posted since without it the Zhuge is already too unprecise for my taste. 

And gotta agree that the weapon is actually pretty useful even against (or especially against) heavily armored units. If you are good at getting headshots it doesn't really kill a lvl120 gunner any slower than a Sancti or Vaykor.