Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Furax Wraith Bad

NotAnNSASpy

Question

Furax Wraith. The community flips out. Why? The weapon is fun. I mod it with Berserker and Fury and nothing is funnier than ramming your fists through hordes of infested at light speed. Or Corpus. Or Grineer. The damage is negligible and even though my Furax Wraith is only rank 17, it's shredding through the 25-35 Infested that I'm fighting in the Hidden Message quest. Seems good. Even the channeling buff, although not the best choice on light speed fists, is still paving the way for future buffs. I don't get the rage.

16 answers to this question

The reasons why people hate it are short range, fist weapon, not enough damage" even though its the best fist wep" and melee doesn't have much "choice" when it comes to "endgame". For me I always loved furax's play style ever since i first played but it wasn't on par with anything else now it is.

It's not. Bad, that is.

Most of the community simply doesn't have a clue. They just parrot stuff they read somewhere else without even knowing why.

The Furax Wraith isn't going to set any particular world on fire (like all Wraith variants), but it's a solid weapon that is substantially better than its progenitor. In this case, it's an oddball weapon with emphasis on a very little used playstyle, but it's decent enough.

I had my unmodded Furax Wraith killing level 40ish enemies when what I thought would be a 30 minute turned into a ~65 minute run. Of course, I was only using a heavily forma'd Brakk at the end, but TrinityP with these fists could still bring the pain far longer than I would have bet on.

I don't care for fist weapons and don't plan on putting much more effort into them, but they're far from "bad".

I hate it because it is impact based and I hated my ankyros prime that I bought with PA that I sold it once I tried to forma it 3 times. Tekko are much nicer.

It also does an automatic -25% damage to the most common enemy health in the game. The only impact weapons I tolerate are the karak wraith and the bo prime.

Fist weapons simply aren't viable. And furax wraith is no exception. Low range, hitting 1 dude at once, slow, low damage and not even status. And it's enhanced channel damage won't help it. It erases your energy bar that could have been better used for CC or damage buffs.

It's low range and I prefer my nikana, that's the only reasons for me to not like them.

However I like the fact that it's the FIRST channeling weapon in the game and I may experience with it a bit... especially since it's also a crit weapon.

I wish channeling weapons would be top tier instead of crit, too bad.

I still feel like 1.8 instead of 1.5 multiplier isn't enough to make a channeling weapon. I hope they'll experience more with this.

9 hours ago, Gelkor said:

I don't like weapons I can't repaint.  #fashionframeisendgame

Repaint the 'frame. it's what I do for when I'm in a Wraith kinda mood.

I have red/black color combos on many of my most used warframe just for the Wraith weapons. I always have other grineer weapons with red/back themes to substitute for Wraith weapons where they are seriously lacking (like in secondaries and up until recently, melee).

4 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

I have red/black color combos on many of my most used warframe just for the Wraith weapons. I always have other grineer weapons with red/back themes to substitute for Wraith weapons where they are seriously lacking (like in secondaries and up until recently, melee).

Feel like having to do the same, which I dislike. I get the idea, that certain weapon styles (particularly the ones associated with certain factions) have a certain look to them. But I hate the fact, that incorporating wraith equip in the general look of my Frame always leads to some Darth freaking Maul reject. DE, can we compromise? Wraith stuff gets a red finish and additional spikes for all I care, but we get to choose the specific colours?

Its kinda cool weapon, moded with true punishment, true steel, blood rush, berserker and boom.....

Channel it once and you will guarenteed to berserk

The drawback is.... It is impact

Edited by Specter42

It's not bad, it's simply that it's not "end-game astonishing".

Impact based doesn't matter as much as people say, because it's all about Elemental mods as far as my playstyle goes, so total damage is what affects my opinion of things.

Furax Wraith, from first glance, looks to be another very solid mid-tier weapon.  That's awesome, and a lot of players need just that, a great mid-tier melee weapon.  However, since it's not obscenely powerful, one can probably coax more damage from Broken War and War.

Sloan441 gives them, ultimately, a glowing recommendation above, as any weapon able to sustain killing power on level 40ish enemies is certainly decent, but most people only care about gear powerful enough to run 60 minute T3/T4 missions, even if they don't PLAY that content very often.

8 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

3edgy5me