Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

corrosive projection why is it forced on other people?

GrimAtrament

10 minutes ago, TermiteFrame said:

Uhh how would you know that 4x cp with 1 coaction drift doesn't reduce armor by 117%?
(That's not snark or sarcasm I legitimately want to know how one would come to know that)

because they still have Armor. :)

9 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

For example, on Ash Prime, I found I can't play him without Rejuvination (and even Enemy Sense (the personal mod one)). Now I know it doesn't offer 0.8% energy per second, or strip a little Armor or Shields from enemies, but that's just my Playstyle. My Ash isn't afraid to take a hit, because I don't Blade Storm every single god damn enemy I see, but when he does take a few devastating hits, I find Rejuvination to add a LOT more Survivability to him.

to me, it would seem more prudent to use Teleport to get free Finishers (and move around really fast) and then Channel for the huge Health Steal.
as i presume you're playing moderately focused on Melee.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

The mod's description is extremely unclear. But that's how it works.

Corrosive Projection doesn't affect you. so it doesn't get a double bonus.
the Mod Card is vague, but the effects aren't so.

Edited by taiiat

14 minutes ago, TermiteFrame said:

Uhh how would you know that 4x cp with 1 coaction drift doesn't reduce armor by 117%?

(That's not snark or sarcasm I legitimately want to know how one would come to know that)

Lots of really annoying math. If you know base health and armor (which is listed in the codex), and the way DR is calculated from armor (less complicated than it seems), then you can find health scaling, and then armor scaling from that. Then you just shoot the thing at lv100 and see how little damage you deal vs a lv1 enemy.

Alternatively, get all those values from reddit and save yourself a good half hour of math.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

to me, it would seem more prudent to use Teleport to get free Finishers (and move around really fast) and then Channel for the huge Health Steal.
as i presume you're playing moderately focused on Melee.

You'd presume wrong. It's just been under two years of Melee 2.0 and I still hate channeling and want Charge back. And that would indicate that I hate Life Strike, as well, which I do. I run around, shoot things, ground slam on the occasion, use 1, 2 mainly, use 4 on the odd occasion, use 3 as a panic button, yeah. It's a different way to play Ash but I mean he's still my favourite Frame and that's just my playstyle.

This thread split players in to 2 groups.

1st-players who use cp and tells other to do so, so ALL group will do more damage and stay for long coz there gonna be no armor, players who want to run endless mission for really long time.

2-nd is selfish players who want to run with whatever aura they want, with little to no care benefits this to the squad or not, doesn't matter what words you use ("my playstyle" or "why should i adapt, other should addapt to ME or GTFO"), its simple as that.

Il stuck with first one, coz even tho i mostly solo player-this is still CO-OP game and you should preoritize what would benefit to the whole squad instead of what would benefit for you.

2 hours ago, hazerddex said:

then explain why i usually out damage people with cp? 

Because it work as a group, not singularly. I usually don't care about if people use CP or not, but CP definitely many everyone's life easier in void and grineer mission.

I don't get why you're complaining here, Corrosive damage does not ignore armor, it simply allow you to deal higher damage against armored target. I can show you a certain screenshots later.

Same build:

Spoiler

3790E9288EB399236028FDB1AE77A172C753FD71

Without CP:

Spoiler

830766A7E5CDE5ACC16C3D495708650F8DB9928D

With CP:

Spoiler

A5259BBB918BDBA8CED2F9BEFCC0BFC7CA77F76B

As you can see, the damage still greatly increases no matter what damage type it is in high level.

Edited by --Valkyr

The real question here is... Why in the blue moon are you complaining on the forums like a big baby? What is that going to solve?

Nothing....

Nobody is technically forcing ANYTHING on you. Unless they have some voodoo magic to control your thoughts and body, then you need to see a exorcist right away and get your soul cleansed. What is stopping you from leaving the group and hosting your own? That's another question.

But honestly, here is my two cents on this. If you want to be apart of a team, then be a team player. Don't sit there and cry like a baby because you're being asked to help the team.  You can solo level 130s with no CP? Cool. Want a cookie? Get it yourself. As for the rest of us, I'm almost pretty sure we don't want to waste our time blowing through our ammo or hacking away at an enemy that has stupid scaling armor for 5 minutes. That's a great way to get the whole team slaughtered by a bombard rocket or a nullifer sniper right to the booty.

In the end, the players just don't want to deal with the broken armor scaling. So until it is fixed here are your two real options.

A: Want to be with a team? Use a frame that already has a dash and that will be useful to the team and smack on that CP. Or be with friends and play your Chroma.

B: Keep playing solo since you so happen to claim that you can handle level 130s+ on your own.

2 minutes ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

This thread split players in to 2 groups.

1st-players who use cp and tells other to do so, so ALL group will do more damage and stay for long coz there gonna be no armor, players who want to run endless mission for really long time.

2-nd is selfish players who want to run with whatever aura they want, with little to no care benefits this to the squad or not, doesn't matter what words you use ("my playstyle" or "why should i adapt, other should addapt to ME or GTFO"), its simple as that.

Il stuck with first one, coz even tho i mostly solo player-this is still CO-OP game and you should preoritize what would benefit to the whole squad instead of what would benefit for you.

Seriously?
Not "Players who have their own Playstyle and would most likely do better with their choice of mods"?
No "Players that bring other mods to benefit the team in OTHER ways because killing is only a part of the mission"?

It's either "You use Corrosive Projection or you're selfish"? That's EXTREMELY narrow minded. And that's not what Warframe is about. Sure, it's about Co-op, which means working together as a team. You're gonna want the team at their best, so they can utilize what they're good at.

Co-op does NOT mean you have to have meta Warframes, weapons, Auras, Mods, Companions.
Co-op does NOT mean you have to hide in a corner and spam your abilities so the map is CCed, or so no one runs out of Energy.
Co-op does NOT mean you have to be Mastery 19+ in order to be somewhat useful to a team.

Co-op is about players working together, using their different playstyles to help themselves and their team.
Co-op is about players being able to work under different cirmucstances and still amounting on top.
Co-op is about learning to use different styles of playing, even if they don't match your own, and doing the best you can.

Warframe, however, seems to have twisted a few peoples ideas of what Co-op is about (see "Co-op does NOT").

hm . no one force you do nothing.

if you wanaa play with guys that do use CP  you need ask what they want  and deliver. 

i met few op ppl that can easy solo 70 min in the void so they always run a "go wild build" [and i happen to be one of them.]. and btw somtime i join force with rendom ppl and rendom build and we get to 90 min and still kicking

but when play a team build [and for sure its more effective like x100 then playing solo] i somtimes even mess up my build for CP .

Edited by dandin3

Its about endless scaling. I believe DE Glen mentioned a bit ago when asked what was the counter to scaling enemies and said Corrosive Projection. Personally, I prefer other auras but if you are trying to fight enemies that have armor and scaled past the power plateau of players, Corrosive Projection is the only practical answer available to players. Especially considering boss resistance stopping statuses like Corrosion working on them - something we learned the hard way last Vay Hek assassination sortie.

2 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Its about endless scaling. I believe DE Glen mentioned a bit ago when asked what was the counter to scaling enemies and said Corrosive Projection. Personally, I prefer other auras but if you are trying to fight enemies that have armor and scaled past the power plateau of players, Corrosive Projection is the only practical answer available to players. Especially considering boss resistance stopping statuses like Corrosion working on them - something we learned the hard way last Vay Hek assassination sortie.

You mean this one?

Just now, PickleMonster21 said:

Seriously?
Not "Players who have their own Playstyle and would most likely do better with their choice of mods"?
No "Players that bring other mods to benefit the team in OTHER ways because killing is only a part of the mission"?

It's either "You use Corrosive Projection or you're selfish"? That's EXTREMELY narrow minded. And that's not what Warframe is about. Sure, it's about Co-op, which means working together as a team. You're gonna want the team at their best, so they can utilize what they're good at.

Co-op does NOT mean you have to have meta Warframes, weapons, Auras, Mods, Companions.
Co-op does NOT mean you have to hide in a corner and spam your abilities so the map is CCed, or so no one runs out of Energy.
Co-op does NOT mean you have to be Mastery 19+ in order to be somewhat useful to a team.

Co-op is about players working together, using their different playstyles to help themselves and their team.
Co-op is about players being able to work under different cirmucstances and still amounting on top.
Co-op is about learning to use different styles of playing, even if they don't match your own, and doing the best you can.

Warframe, however, seems to have twisted a few peoples ideas of what Co-op is about (see "Co-op does NOT").

"Co-op is about players working together, using their different playstyles to help themselves and their team." Em...no? Co-op game is where whole squad goes in to one direction, providing as much help to m8 as possible, and nothing will help your team more than adittion cp in high lvl, leterally NOTHING. Yet you refise to use cp coz you DON'T WANT to, after that all words about helping the team aint gonna have any weight at all, coz you don't wanna do something that will drastically help your whole team.

Just now, -CM-Hekovashi said:

"Co-op is about players working together, using their different playstyles to help themselves and their team." Em...no? Co-op game is where whole squad goes in to one direction, providing as much help to m8 as possible, and nothing will help your team more than adittion cp in high lvl, leterally NOTHING. Yet you refise to use cp coz you DON'T WANT to, after that all words about helping the team aint gonna have any weight at all, coz you don't wanna do something that will drastically help your whole team.

Again, there is more to Warframe than just killing.

So let's use another game for example. You wouldn't give a sniper C4. You wouldn't give a shot gunner a x20 scope. You wouldn't give a suppressor to the machine gunner. So why would you force an Aura onto someone who's better off using a different one, which in turn helps the team out as they are overall better? If you can't get past 2 hours with less than 2 Corrosive Projections (and that's being nice), then you need to reconsider who you take, what you take and how to mod. There's more to Warframe than just Power Strength. Brains over Brawn. Or is that saying uncommon amongst the CP lovers?

Inb4 "But you're the one saying playstyle playstyle playstyle, and now you're telling us to change our Frame and mods, which suit our playstyle". If you can't get past 2 hours without more than 2 Corrosive Projections and meta gear, maybe you just aren't meant to get past two hours? Maybe your endgame was an an hour ago.

Don't care what others think. But generally CP gives the most benefit to all members of the team so I run that If I can *shrugs*

Probably the most Important about CP Is that it scales with enemy level so It is less likely to fall off.

Edited by Airwolfen

Just now, PickleMonster21 said:

So let's use another game for example. You wouldn't give a sniper C4. You wouldn't give a shot gunner a x20 scope. You wouldn't give a suppressor to the machine gunner. So why would you force an Aura onto someone who's better off using a different one, which in turn helps the team out as they are overall better? If you can't get past 2 hours with less than 2 Corrosive Projections (and that's being nice), then you need to reconsider who you take, what you take and how to mod. There's more to Warframe than just Power Strength. Brains over Brawn. Or is that saying uncommon amongst the CP lovers?

Inb4 "But you're the one saying playstyle playstyle playstyle, and now you're telling us to change our Frame and mods, which suit our playstyle". If you can't get past 2 hours without more than 2 Corrosive Projections and meta gear, maybe you just aren't meant to get past two hours? Maybe your endgame was an an hour ago.

You miss the point-at certan lvl point other auras become useless, reju doesn't gonna save you from oneshot, siphon become useless with introduction of zenuric and pizzas, flat damage mods are bad coz if you don't use certain weapon that they boosts-you get nothing. Cp in other hand will help at any lvl, and higher the lvl the more it helps, cp witll help regardless of what weapon you use. See a point? For lowlvl stuff you can run with whatever you want coz it's really doesn't matter, but with insanely broken armor scaling cp is the most universal and most contributing to the team aura

2 minutes ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

You miss the point-at certan lvl point other auras become useless, reju doesn't gonna save you from oneshot, siphon become useless with introduction of zenuric and pizzas, flat damage mods are bad coz if you don't use certain weapon that they boosts-you get nothing. Cp in other hand will help at any lvl, and higher the lvl the more it helps, cp witll help regardless of what weapon you use. See a point? For lowlvl stuff you can run with whatever you want coz it's really doesn't matter, but with insanely broken armor scaling cp is the most universal and most contributing to the team aura

I know how it all works. But again, if you can't get past 2 hours without using 4 Corrosive Projections, maybe you just aren't supposed to.

I feel like people are missing the fact that CP is the most anti-meta, meta because by killing that armor you actually are allowed to use even more weapons, those low and mid tier weapons are actually more usable now and not getting killed because of armor soaking up all the damage when they have pretty low stats.

6 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

You're right that there is more to Warframe than straight damage buffing, but the OP stated that he prefers his Steel Charge, a damage buff mod, over CP and he demands to know why he should forma to change it.  People have already laid out the math for him that shows Steel Charge and x3 CP is not as good as x4 CP in terms of damage for both the team and himself in late game content.

If this was an argument was for a Enemy Sense/Rejuvination/Energy Siphon over a Corrosive Projection, or something else that brings something to the table other than damage, it would actually be worth debating.  However, he's comparing damage mods where there is a clear cut answer to which one is better.

3 hours ago, hazerddex said:

why do people insist i ruin a perfectly good V polarity to put it on my chroma?

This seems to be the problem... yet the entire thread seems to go explaining the whys. If you can't get the player to do it, get the developer to nerf it. Problem solved?

3 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

I know how it all works. But again, if you can't get past 2 hours without using 4 Corrosive Projections, maybe you just aren't supposed to.

I think You are holding on to that 2 hours thing a bit too much :/

3 minutes ago, PikeOrShield said:

You're right that there is more to Warframe than straight damage buffing, but the OP stated that he prefers his Steel Charge, a damage buff mod, over CP and he demands to know why he should forma to change it.  People have already laid out the math for him that shows Steel Charge and x3 CP is not as good as x4 CP in terms of damage for both the team and himself in late game content.

If this was an argument was for a Enemy Sense/Rejuvination/Energy Siphon over a Corrosive Projection, or something else that brings something to the table other than damage, it would actually be worth debating.  However, he's comparing damage mods where there is a clear cut answer to which one is better.

The point is that it's a different mod though. Maybe he likes to use Steel Charge for that little bit extra Mod Space? There's that to consider too.

1 minute ago, PickleMonster21 said:

The point is that it's a different mod though. Maybe he likes to use Steel Charge for that little bit extra Mod Space? There's that to consider too.

ah you got me there thats kinda the reason i love it so much :| seeing as it allow me to have more mod space without needing to forma for only one build and frees up more room for experimentation without needed to constantly forma it but people will just tell me thats silly :| 

5 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

Do you always run with mr21 with tonkors or something? I don't, sometimes i play with newbies, who can't pull out millions of damage, but guess what? Cp will boost their damage too, so time where they gonna actually kill stuff is prolonged, so we can stay for longer. As i said-imma mostly solo player, yet even i understand that thing that help whole squad->thing that helps only you.

Edited by -CM-Hekovashi

3 hours ago, hazerddex said:

so what like level 300 enemies? need Projection?

cp make all enemies more ez!

ok try to do ODD 100 waves and you gonna see why you need 4 cp in your team!