Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Focus System getting reworked?

OriVerda

Question

Looking at the Focus system as it currently is it seems to be quite a broken mess with a few being clearly superior to others. In general though Focus, similarly to Arcanes, seem to be tacked on and not that useful. Focus was hyped up by the devs and lore-wise seems to be something powerful but unless you got Shadow Step (which seems to be the only useful thing in there) you're pretty screwed.

I will never say I regret picking Unairu, it fits me since I'm all about endurance but I'm not going to delude myself. It is the weakest of the five.

Also it annoys me that there are enemies who are immune to our Focus abilities. Now nullifying our base four powers I can understand but the fifth one seems to be the ultimate expression of our strength, I just don't see how (lore-wise, gameplay-wise I understand) you can ignore its effects.

So, what's the word from the Devs, is the Focus system getting an overhaul in the near future or am I just looking a gift horse (more like a three-legged donkey imo) in the mouth?

12 answers to this question

i have good idea for focus system but that woud be very complex to  implement in game......focus need total rework... and made it to all....skills be very good ...all schools to be on same lvl of use....also to add much more skills in each focus tree......and remove cluster skills like one u take entire team 75% of shield.....

Edited by ashrah

2 hours ago, OriVerda said:

Cute operator you got there.

Thanksx2 one for the complement and second because your comment made me take a look at my operator and see if i could make her better and reallized that changing faces changes the sex of the operator and that my operator was actually a male. :/ now i fixed it

yes completly off topic so,

Here Steve said that update 19 which is comming probably this month will have an expansion in the focus sistem

Probably not... don't expect a rework of something that's not out for a long time.

P.S everything is more or less usefull... Same problem as with the "meta" in WF... everything is actually possible to use, but people complain about certain things.

Madurai and Zenurik might be superior on the first look, but everything has it's pro's and con's